TJ09

2012-04-25 - The Turpentines

Just noticed I only have 4 hours until my first adult biggrin.gif

...now should I stay up to 3-4am? laugh.gif

I guess other than their stench and unpopular disposition, the whole irritating skin-poison thing would make any dragon not want to cross breed with them, lol.

They have started growing up biggrin.gif

I guess they can breed with other breeds biggrin.gif

Edited by DeathCry

Looks like my other dragons are showing up on the breeding page =D

Guess that means they can breed with normal dragons!!! Yay!

EDIT: ninja.gif

Edited by daestarr

Closing since we are now getting adults.

For those wondering, lineage link a few posts up shows they can breed with other dragons.

edit: Reopening for a while smile.gif I received requests to reopen the thread so that we "can find out how well they actually breed - like a discussion on what breed with these turpys and which breed is more difficult? Since this release is a bit different in the sense that breeding could be limited so a place to talk about it would really help."

edit2: If it helps, I've seen successful breeding with a gold and a black marrow.

Edited by rubyshoes

With my seven adults, I got one "not interested" and six refusals. The one "not interested" was with a Marrow. I also tried with Golden Wyverns, Black, Stone, a different Marrow, and a Valentine.

Edited by Silence2

Argh, I was hoping the increase in the Turp's refusal rate wouldn't be this dramatic. ): How have Turp x Turp breedings gone?

I'm glad the turps can breed with other breeds, even if it's with a high refusal rate.

I'm having a hard time deciding what pairings I will be doing when my turps grow up. Any ideas?

I'm so pleased they can creed with other dragons! biggrin.gif Can't wait until mine grow up so I can try. ^^

Got eggs from Marrow and Gold. Bred 3 with Golden Wyverns, all 3 refused.

You guys're gonna love this smile.gif

My first three Turps grew up. I got the male and female together to breed and — they refused each other!

Then I put the other mature male to a Harvest mare and got a Harvest egg. I have another female Turp ready to mature in about 15 hours, we'll try it again tomorrow.

Dig the name for your female Turp, Sir Barton smile.gif

I'll try Eight Pinecones (Turp) with one of my Black Marrows tomorrow. That's a cool concept, Stinkacious Dragon!! biggrin.gif

So, the myth of refusals is starting to look like just that... a myth and nothing more?

Oh the irony if Turpentines breed better than say, Seasonals.

Thank, Xocowolf. I think they made a cute couple. wink.gif

Any who... I won't be able to play with the rest of my clutch until tomorrow since I just can't last much longer but my male that grew up got refused by a GW so that pair is a no go.

My turpentines refused three golden wyvern in a row

Is there anyone who got an offspring for this pair?

I'm thinking of crossing one with a female Swallowtail. Thinking of trying to cross one with one of my Thunders too. I'm not just looking at the colors. Colors are nice, but I'm also looking at those massive flowing wings and the overall shape and wondering what would look natural.

Female Swallowtails I think would look lovely with Turpentines, but I also love the pairs already mentioned proven breeding above, the Electric, the orange Nebula, and the gold.

Hehe, five of mine just grew up. My two females both refused to breed with my Winter Magi and three males refused to breed with two Golden Wyverns and a Black. xd.png

It seems like they can't breed with gold wyverns.

Shame. I thought they'd look nice..

Better choose another lucky dragon. wink.gif

EDIT: Imma try with my female swallowtail. biggrin.gif

Edited by xLemon