TJ09

2012-04-25 - The Turpentines

Everyone in my family plays dragon cave so all together we 24 turps! YAY!

I know someone was asking about turpentine, and here are a few things I know about it.

Turpentine is a solvent derived from pine trees. It is one of the solvents used to thin oil paints, clean brushes and produce the protective varnish for a finished painting. It can also be mixed with waxes, to create furniture polishes. When I was a small child, I remember watching my dad clean auto parts and some of his tools in turpentine. It's one of those evocative smells that brings back some very early memories.

I'm still trying to catch one of these eggs. For me, this is the most frustrating hunt since the 2010 Halloween, when I caught NO Marrows. My ISP has been getting steadily worse, and the past three days have been miserable, even before the new release. :-(

I can't got on to DC for some odd reason.... it keeps telling me this: "Oops! Google Chrome could not find dragcave.net" sad.gif

*Edit* Nevermind, whatever it was, it works now ^^;

Edited by FluffyPillow

Oh... so they were initially in the alpine? *facepalm* That would've been the third new dragon in a row released there (golden wyvern, royal blue)*. XD

* And this is excluding the migration of winters to alpine and heart seekers + winter magis in all biomes. Including them, these fellows would be the sixith species in a row winding up in alpine. ._.

I just saw some in the five minute release, but the were gone faster than a CB Gold. sad.gif

I got my two! I'm happy. smile.gif

They were originally in Alpine? That explains why people were congregated there earlier. Took me a bit to find the correct habitat.

Since it's easy for me to grab, I've been trading/gifting turpentines basically.

I hope everyone can eventually get at least a pair smile.gif

I'm happy with my three Alpintines for now. Does anyone else see a face in the S2's wing O.O?

Does anyone else see a face in the S2's wing O.O?

That's...kinda creepy. xd.png

Regardless, I really like the black/yellow color scheme. <3 Beautiful contrast...

Wow, I... did not notice this release until now. xd.png Which is why I could only grab two because derplocked. Which sucks, since I got all of my other eggs recently as well and they'll be hard to get rid of. Which ablahblahblah.

He he I love these new dragons! I managed to grab three, then got scroll locked. xd.png

Is anyone else wondering why we know the name of the new dragon before it's grown up?

* And this is excluding the migration of winters to alpine and heart seekers + winter magis in all biomes. Including them, these fellows would be the sixith species in a row winding up in alpine. ._.

I know right? Haha, who would've figured Alpines would flourish with more life than jungles and coasts.

Is anyone else wondering why we know the name of the new dragon before it's grown up?

Probably because it's on the egg description. Couldn't be more blindingly obvious, ha.

Baw, it's gonna take me some days to get unlocked and grab more. Although I'm not sure if I want more, as the species description in the first post tells me they'll be continuing my recent streak of refusals. They look pretty though! Pretty forever alone dragons! /shot

I suppose TJ liked "The Turpentines" as a title better than "Ew, Smelly". ;p

~

Went for an AP catch instead of a new egg, leaving me with a nice 5 of the new eggs. :3

Got one last egg for today~

I got these new eggs rather easily, although I'm not usualy that lucky xd.png

how are so many people getting these easily? wacko.gif

then again, i'm the one with the combination of supercrappy computer and supercrappy net connection, WHILE MY BROTHER PLAYS TF2.

no wonder i can never even catch uncommons.

Got 2 eggs and I plan to get four (I can have one more until an egg hatches tongue.gif ) I will then influence 2 to be female and 2 males (I heard the rumor about the Turpentines being able to only breed with their own kind. I wanna have some doubles just in case if this is proven to be a fact! xd.png) (Although it might not become a fact tongue.gif )

Edit- I just got my 3rd one biggrin.gif I hope everyone can get at least one of thee turpentines!

Edited by sassypants888

I understand the frustration, leonis, I really do.

I FINALLY got my second Golden Wyvern last week or so I figure that it will be another three months before I get two Turpentines. This is all I ever want on new releases, just two... I'm not greedy, I only want two, a male and a female... and with my pinks, I just need two...

EDIT:

OK, now I'm eating crow... SOMEHOW, I got the two eggs that I was trying for and when I went to put them on my forum for clicks, I found a THIRD on my scroll!!!

Not sure how I did it, but I'm not complaining...

Edited by Husky51