TJ09

2012-04-25 - The Turpentines

Got my two pairs, Great job spriters you have outdone yourselfes once again and thank you for such beoutifull eggs, hathies and dragons. And a funny thing, one has a code as if it was nade by apple, it has i as a first letter.

Now I know why the desert is empty...lol

Managed to catch one just now...

They were in the Alpine, but migrated to the Desert now? Artists sure love to put their new releases in those two biomes =p

-offering to catch on the forums is against section rules-

Oops! >< Sorry, I forgot.

Edited by fallen_leaf

No dimorphism? Awww :/

I hate dragons without dimorphism. Just a personal preference I suppose :S

I definitely prefer dragons with dimorphism. But if this one doesn't have it (I assume since TJ only has two in the first post) maybe what happened with the tangars will happen with this one. smile.gif Dimorphism coming a little later. Who knows. But either way, I'm really excited to see the adult!

They were in the Alpine, but migrated to the Desert now? Artists sure love to put their new releases in those two biomes =p

The fact that they are so long till they hatch is unusual for TJ, usually when he posts them they are almost ready to hatch.  I hope he does reduce their time till hatching, for right now as it stands my own will hatch before his do since mine are incubated.

I was surprised that they were released in the alpine, I was honestly expecting these to be a desert species, but I am happy they are released either way(yes, I recognize these).

They seem to have switched based on this post.

Because Nectaris then says this just after they switched:

Maybe he saw my post?  I finished these long before biomes were released, and I was too shy to contact TJ to say where I wanted them.

Don't get fed up guys, I caught 7 over two hourly drops. You just have to stalk the hourlys. (hourlies? what? hourlyies NO I give up)

Well. I can tell with everyone getting upwards of four of these at a time, it'll be a LONG time before I manage to get even ONE. I just tried on the hourly drop, and no matter WHAT I clicked, it was already taken by someone else. I guess I'll be waiting a week or more until this 'new egg craze' dies down a bit.

Drop was already over after like 2 minutes...so no eggs for me either this time...

I got all mine on the 5 minute drops, which I think may be the first time I've ever got any on those drops o.O They seemed to last a few refreshes longer than normal.

Very handsome little hatchlings btw. I will be freezing one of these as soon as I can breed a couple smile.gif

W00T! I was wondering when the next release was gonna happen! Must! Go! Incubate! biggrin.gif

EDIT: Got 4 for me. 2 pair in case 1 set decides to refuse. blink.gif Good luck everyone!

Edited by blackdragonqueen

So, are the turps permenantly moved to Desert?

I was waiting in Alpine, but I couldn't find them until my friend told me it was being released in Desert biggrin.gif

@ kiyoura: Ikr? Kinda like with the alpine. xd.png Never heard of Turpentine before so I wiki'd it. Apparently it's an oil that can be collected/distilled from trees or crude oil. Assuming it's the latter one that had more influence (if any) in the decision of where to base them? biggrin.gif (I may be incredibly naive assuming that oil is obtained from desert-y places xd.png)

And wow, I managed to catch three in the last five minute drop. Only been able to snag from five minute drops a few times and even those eggs were spread over a series of drops. First time for everything! ._.

Yeah. Turpentine comes from primarily pine trees. BUT, since it is an organic chemical, I suppose it's fine for a dragon to secrete it... Seems as if it would belong more with the Forest (or Alpine) biome instead, though.

Edited by kiyoura