TJ09

2012-04-25 - The Turpentines

Holy carp, I had a dream we got a new egg today!

Except it was shiny black with white speckles...

But I'll take this one too! ^^

really? I wasn't the only one who dreamed of a new release?

except in my dream, they were lagmonster/datamonster eggies unsure.gif

I knew there should be new eggs coming soon, but I went to bed early last night so didn't find out about them until this morning. Still I managed to lock myself with them on the first drop I saw. Thanks TJ for this release and thanks to whoever created the dragon. I am anxious to see the hatchlings and adults to see if I want to grab more. tongue.gif

OOPS! I didn't realize they were hatched. So far so good. wink.gif And I see now why Nectaris was stalking the thread. Nice work on the sprite!

Edited by purplehaze

-content removed, had nothing to do with the News thread- Edited by rubyshoes

So now they're dropping in both the Alpine and the Desert? Or are they now in the Desert only? I'm not seeing any in the Alpine but am seeing nothing but them in the Desert.

Oh CRAP! Just went through the noon drop in the Alpine and there wasn't a new egg there at all!

Just caught one in the Dessert, didn't know they appeared in 2 biomes blink.gif

They seem to have switched biomes and are falling in the desert rather than the alpine now (or at least they did in the last drop).

Edited by rubyshoes

Caught 2 more, now I have 6.

And uh-oh, drops are back to normal and they moved from Alpine to Desert. =o

Yikes. Didn't see a single one in that drop. Oh well, got a CB black that I've been after forever... remind me, these new-release special drops tend to last at least two days, right?

They seem to have switched biomes and are falling in the desert rather than the alpine now (or at least they did in the last drop).

I just noticed that blink.gif maybe they are nomad dragons happy.gif

Unless TJ has said so elsewhere in the thread, I don't believe he is saying they will definitely only be breedable with their own kind. He just says it's more likely others will refuse them and that they'll have a hard time breeding with other dragons.

So I take that to mean they can breed with others, but it's likely to be harder to get them to do so.

But I haven't read the entire thread so maybe TJ or the spriter has said something.

I agree - assuming that breeding them with others is possible, I'm guessing it might be like breeding Rare X Rare on the odds of having it work.

Darn, this could make my idea of a 'Sweet and Sour Smell Lineage' (Heartseeker/Turpentine) incredibly difficult if not impossible

Maybe he saw my post? I finished these long before biomes were released, and I was too shy to contact TJ to say where I wanted them.

I kept waiting and waiting for one to drop in the Alpine, and then when I saw a Nebula in the Alpine, I thought, WTH?? I clicked over to the desert, and there they all were.

I'm so confused lol. blink.gifwacko.gif

Geez, I even checked to see if there was a new release last night...guess TJ announced it a little later? Anyway, got the four I want this drop.

From reading some of the topic...it looks like they kind of 'migrate' between biomes? I noticed the Forest biome was empty just before the last drop (which is...unusual), but they dropped in the desert this time.

So Alphine...Desert...and maybe Forest? Guess they smell so bad the other dragons keep chasing them out of their habitat?

Just caught my four. I always click + refresh like mad without waiting to see if I got anything, then I check after the drop is over.

Interesting that they moved to the Desert. Was the Alpine an error, or will they jump biomes again? Inquiring minds want to know. xd.png

I kept waiting and waiting for one to drop in the Alpine, and then when I saw a Nebula in the Alpine, I thought, WTH?? I clicked over to the desert, and there they all were.

I'm so confused lol. blink.gifwacko.gif

Happened to me, too xd.png

Because there were so many users in the alpine, I thought they would drop there, not in the desert

Maybe he saw my post?  I finished these long before biomes were released, and I was too shy to contact TJ to say where I wanted them.

That would explain the change of Biome :3 Congrats on the release Nectaris, the hatchies are so cute <3

Ive only gotten one so far D:

Is anyone else having trouble?

Yes, I have.

Alpine is always closed, no chance for me. sad.gif

They were dropping in the alpine but now they switched.

Congrats Nectaris!

Finally caught my second one. Now I am satisfied and will stop hunting them, giving others a chance to catch one of the new eggs.

So how do you get them. Went to alpine site and there are no eggs to be found.

So how do you get them. Went to alpine site and there are no eggs to be found.

We believe they've switched to the desert biome - try at the top of the hour for a big drop and at the 5 minute marks for very small drops.