LibbyLishly

Purebred Even-Generation Stripes

Striped dragons are notorious for their random color results after breeding, and sometimes it's a bit difficult to get the results you want. This is what makes some of us want to create massive, beautiful stripe lineages, in part because of the challenge, in part because we just love our stripes. However, once we reach the higher generations, finding dragons to match our exact color patterns becomes a trick all of its own. That's where this project topic comes in.

Who knows if someone else wants that blue-from-green stripe, and maybe has the red-from-green you were looking for? Post your PB even-gen stripe projects here, and collaborate with other breeders. While this is not a trading topic – so, please, no Have/Want posts like you find on the trading boards – if you're looking for a particular mate, let us know! Use this project topic to post your glorious lineages and make yourself available to assist other breeders.

Rules, that thing which no one likes to read:

Project participants:

- If you are working on a PB even-gen stripe lineage, congratulations! You're already a participant of this project! So come chat with us about your joys and woes in stripe breeding. laugh.gif

- Lineages must not be inbred. Inbreeding makes it too easy.

- Discernible color patterns are not required, but are encouraged (more challenging and more fun that way!).

- Show off by posting lineage links to the dragons you're using in your projects!

Project topic rules:

- You may post transfer links as gifts, though you will most likely get faster results by posting to the wonderful Even Generations Trading and Gifting Centre.

- If you pick up a gift, PLEASE post a thank-you or PM the gifter, and be nice to your new dragon! People like to know who has their dragon's babies. smile.gif

- A large part of the reason for this topic is to provide stripe breeders with access to and assistance from other stripe breeders. If you're looking for a blood match as a mate for your red 5th gen PB even-gen Stripe with perfect color lines, please post! We can't guarantee that we'll be able to help you, but the hope is that we will have lots of people here working on their projects and that we will be able to help each other out.

- However, NO BEGGING. In other words, don't post something like, “Can I have a stripe?” That's not what this topic is here for. If you need a specifically patterned lineage to mate with a dragon in a project you are personally working on, post. If you just want any random stripe, this is not the topic for you.

- Do NOT use view links. Always use the lineage link when posting a dragon.

- You may bump a post after 24 hours for a gift or assistance request, but not before. Thanks.

- Please note that you will be reported for breaking any of the above rules.

Many thanks to Raphy for helping me get this started.

Banner/signature images:

Both of these courtesy of Naughtrish!

user posted image

[url=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=135740][img=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/watersfan/my%20pics/stripesbanner.jpg][/url]

user posted image

[url=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=135740][img=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/watersfan/my%20pics/stripesbanner1.jpg][/url]

If you're the artistic type, feel free to create and post more signature images, and I'll put them here. smile.gif

Recommended links:

Even Generations Trading and Gifting Centre

Room of Requirements

Please post other resources for breeders if you know of them! I'll add them to this post. smile.gif

Edited by LibbyLishly

We're considering having a list here of those who volunteer to be breeders for the project. I'm reserving this spot for if we decide to do that. Since this is a new project that's meant to be all-inclusive for all PB even-gen stripe breeders, feel free to offer comments and suggestions on ways we can make collaboration easier.

As of right now, we are not planning on having a members list or a request list.

Ohhh fantastic idea! Count me in biggrin.gif

I have two stripe projects going on at the moment.

All white: http://dragcave.net/lineage/HkmHv - I have quite a bunch of whites, from CB to 3rd gen, that are consistently giving me coloured eggs mad.giftongue.gif

All colours lineage: http://dragcave.net/lineage/qu8EC - I got this one in a trade with someone (not naming just in case), and I STILL owe them my 5th gen black. My 4th gen greens have given me the whole rainbow... but there's no black in a rainbow! xd.png

I have many other coloured stripes, so I will be happy to assist anyone with their lineages. Obviously, if my dragons decide to cooperate! rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

This is exactly what i need ohmy.gif

i have a major project (see my sig) with stripes, finaly result 11th gen tongue.gif

I love to try to help people with projects (almost) as crazy as mine smile.gif

Been working on PB Stripe pattern lineage since August 2009... this Gen7 is the farthest so far! I'm always looking for unrelated Stripes that fit the pattern (White - Green - Blue - Red - Black - White - Black...).

Count me in too! I still have to work on even colors as most of my Stripes are mixed coloring. smile.gif

I love my EG PB stripes! I am also working on a color pattern with each generation a different color. This is the farthest I have gone so far: http://dragcave.net/lineage/CTLa8

I plan to repeat the pattern for the next five generations -- if I ever get that far!

I'm working on an all white lineage. The only coloured dragon will be the CB green Thuwed. I'm just working on trying to get a white 4th gen and I also have enough 2nd gens to get another 4th once they produce the right colour.

cin,

it seems you don't have any of my cb pairs in your project on your website. I have 9 pairs, so we can do some bloodswaps if you want.

Jane,

please let me know what pairs you have/don't have from me (all my cb pairs have 'Bianco' as family name, so you can check)

wiz,

glad to know where i can send my white 'miscolored' 2nd gens now tongue.gif

can anyone use this?

3rd gen pb red stripe from 2nd gen reds

Edited by Dolphine

I've also been working on a PB stripe lineage. The plan was 4 different 4th gen lines from the same set of CBs, most are stuck in 3rd gen waiting for the right colors. tongue.gif

white - blue - green - red

white - green - black - blue

white - red - blue - black

white - black - red - green

I've recently started looking for mates for the eventual 4th gens, so I'd love to swap wrong color stripes with people. (This lineage has all my CBs in it if you want to check if you have an offspring of mine or not)

Edited by Zareni

Wow! We're off to a great start assembling a team here. Almost forgot to give kudos to Raphy for helping me out in getting this thread rolling. Anyone have time to have a stab at banner making? Or does someone know of a good website where you can make them for free with images and text? I haven't had any luck with finding one.

Now then! I don't have any CB dragons, but I have second-gen pairs in every color (and am always looking for more), so if anyone needs a third gen from a specific color, let me know and I'll do what I can.

And here are MY current stripe projects:

Rainbow Stripe

Develop a PB, even-gen lineage with perfect lines of color, covering every possible stripe color, then repeating those colors in order. Working on this with two different sets. I'm thinking that with one I'll repeat back at the beginning and with the other do a mirror.

1st Gen: White

2nd Gen: Green

3rd Gen: Black

4th Gen: Blue

5th Gen: Red

2nd Gen: Green

3rd Gen: Blue

4th Gen: Red

5th Gen: Black

Patriot Lineage

Patriotic, of course, if you're from the USA, the UK, or Australia, or anywhere else where the flag colors are red, white and blue.

2nd Gen: Blue

3rd Gen: Red

Repeat.

Am also working on a white-red-blue pattern; I might breed the patterns together. In any case, only red, white and blue stripes allowed in this lineage.

White & Blue

Alternating color lines of white and blue. Up to 3rd gen. Why? Because I like those colors together. biggrin.gif

Pure White

Only up to second gen.

Edited by LibbyLishly

Here's my first attempts at a banner. Don't hit me too hard tongue.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by Naughtrish

Well, most of my stripes are on the pill.

They gave me two eggs, of course the wrong colour.

2nd gen white

2nd gen blue

If you want any of them for personal projects only -meaning no trading, killing, biting or neglecting-, please PM me. Sorry for the hassle, but I am tired of people claiming my eggs and not bothering to post a simple thanks. This way I know who takes them.

Both claimed biggrin.gif

Edited by Naughtrish

Thanks for the invitation, LibbyLishly. smile.gif

I do love purebred Stripe lineages and I'm happy to breed for anyone looking for Stripes and new blood. I currently have 4 pairs of CB Stripes, and numerous 2nd - 4th gen pairs, and one 5th gen pair.

The highest PB even gen lineage I can produce is a 6th generation Thuwed lineage, like this one. Though the parents aren't very good breeders, unfortunately.

Lately I prefer alternating generations of a single color (rainbow lineages), but I have a bunch of mixed color lineages too. Eventually I think I'd like to start breeding some all single color lineages - like all Black Stripes, or Red Stripes, etc. (Though of course the foundation will still be the CB Whites. Can't get around that. heh)

The only thing I'm actively seeking at the moment is an unrelated, color match mate to this 5th gen Black Stripe.

Does anyone need a 3rd gen White from Green parents? Just drop me a PM if you do, otherwise I'll probably gift it to the even gen thread.

Found a loving home. smile.gif

Edited by Raphy

*squee* They gave me the right colour first time. biggrin.gif

Still trying with this pair though. Can anyone here use this? PM. Offering it in the EG thread.

Edited by Wiz

Awesome, Wiz! Neither of my 2nd gen whites have bothered giving me a white offspring yet... dry.gif

Does anyone have a project that starts with white --> green --> red? I have a particular green pair that LOVES to give me reds. Those are usually really good for trading, but I'd be happy to put someone on an IOU list for a red (partly because that almost guarantees that they'll stop producing reds xd.png ). Just post a reply in this thread rather than PMing me if you're interested. smile.gif

Edited by LibbyLishly

Hi smile.gif fantastic, count me in. I have a white - blue - white - blue here. Also working on White - green - black - green - black here but this is proving a bit tricky huh.gif. I'm happy to breed for anyone, and have 6 pairs.

I had a rather miserable time of breeding this morning - two refusals, a bunch of complete lack of interest, and the ones that bred gave me exactly what I didn't need.

So now they're up for grabs. laugh.gif

The usual standards apply: pleasepleaseplease make a post indicating that you picked one up, please name, please take care of it, etc. I don't care if you freeze. If they're not gone by tomorrow morning I'll post them in the Even-Generation Trading and Gifting Centre.

Blue from white from white - Claim ticket

Red from white from white - Claim ticket

Green from blue from green from white - Claim ticket

White from black from green from white - Claim ticket

White from white from blue from white - Claim ticket

Gone, woot. laugh.gif

Edited by LibbyLishly

I have 2 CB pairs of stripeds that I'm happy to provide offspring from, just PM me. smile.gif

Apart from that, if anyone happens to be able to breed an unrelated mate to this lovely lady, continuing the blue-white-scheme (or possibly at least a suitable 3rd gen), I'd be ever so grateful!

But it's not an urgent project. tongue.gif