Terahlyanwe

Brandon Sanderson

Any other raving Brandon Sanderson fans out there? For those of you who know book titles, not authors, he has written..

The Mistborn Trilogy

Mistborn

Well of Ascension

Hero of Ages

Alloy of Law(sequel book)

~~

Warbreaker

~~

Elantris

~~

Way of Kings

~~

And he is also finishing the Wheel of Time series in collaboration with Harriet Rigney (Wife of Robert Jordan, the original author) who unfortunately passed away a few years ago.)

Any fans out there? What is your favorite books of his? Least favorite? biggrin.gif

My favorite of his is Elantris. I've read it five times now. Including listening to the full cast audio which was sweeet.

My first of his was Warbreaker, which I enjoyed, even if it was a bit too political. The whole no tongue in his mouth thing was...

I listened to Way of Kings once. Strike that. I downloaded it but never got to listen to it. Maybe I should try it again. Though the review sound sort of confusing.

Oddly, I've never read his Mistborn series. Isn't that the one everyone knows?

Edited by Kanaye

I think that Mistborn is his most well-known series, yes.

And a pity that you never read/listened to Way of Kings! That one is my current favorite of his. The characters are SO well developed! It is his newest book so far, and his writing style, IMO, is the best in it.

Agreed somewhat on the Warbreaker notes. tongue.gif It was very political, and I don't generally read sci-fi for political commentary.

I LOOOOVED Elantris far more than what's probably healthy. The Mistborn trilogy has been sitting on my tbr pile for ages; I should get around to that soon. after the rest everything I've said "i should get around to that soon" to is done...

I got about 30% of the way through the way of kings before I had to dnf it. Idk, just couldn't get into it. I should try again soon...

You're missing his Alcatraz books. wink.gif They're really the only stuff of his I read, since I'm not into adult fantasy, and man are they great (if extraordinarily silly).

Alcatraz books? Why can't I heard of these....? Are they non fantasy/sci-fi?

They're more humor and fun than anything. I b'lieve that they're his only middle grade books. Haven't read them myself, though.

I haven't heard of his Alcatraz books either.

This topic actually got me to go to my library and get Warbreaker to listen to again. I'm just at the point where Vavina is talking to the Monk sister saying she's mad the other one took her place and now she's unimportant.

I had just listened to Elantris about 2 months ago. Even though I LOVE Elantris, that's a little too short for me to re-listen to it again.

They're in the 8-12-year-old age range, so for kids, and while technically fantasy are more humor than anything.

Ahh, and I don't read kids' books terribly often anymore. tongue.gif That would explain it, doncha know.

If I had more time this quarter (am in college) I'd re-read his books. But alas - I am far too busy. I really do want to re-read Way of Kings, though.

I like this thread.

I read the Mistborn series two years ago and thus became a huge fan of Sanderson.

After that, I read Elantris and in the beginning of 2011 Warbreaker (all those books in German).

I also read The Way of Kings, this time in English, and it blew my mind blank with it's pure awesomeness.

The man is one of the greatest authors of all time.

I love his detailed worlds, his characters, the unexpected plot twists and his ability to truly understand human hearts.

I can't wait until the second book of the Stormlight Archive is released. There's a reason why I called my GoN Kaladin biggrin.gif

I'm not sure yet if I should read the Alcatraz books or not. I guess I will one day. "Read ALL the Sanderson books!" laugh.gif

I haven't yet read the Alloy of Law either, but I definitely will.

Edited by Gluria

Alloy of Law is the bomb! It's pretty much the best steampunk novel I've ever read.

And imho, Way of Kings is the best work Sanderson has written, to date.

Has anyone read the Sanderson short stories that are on his website?