TwilightMoonDragon

Warrior Cats: Worn Hearts and Dark Paths

Thornstar considered what Red had told them. He wasn't entirely sure if he should trust the fox. However, it could speak their language like the tales said Midnight could. And Red was the best lead they had gotten so far as to where they were to go. And if he was sent by StarClan, Thornstar decided he wasn't going to turn the fox away. "I trust you" Thornstar said, hoping he didn't end up eating his words. He cast his gaze towards the leaders and deputies. "Anyone else?"

Eaglestar dipped his head and said, "I trust Red. If this fox was sent by StarClan, then followinv him may be our only chance at finding a new home." The brown and golden tom looked over at the other two leaders to see if they agreed too.

Hollyfeather dipped her head also.

Wildpaw saw Lionpaw fall. She quickly ran to his aid, he seemed alright but his paw was bleeding from he hit it on some rocks. "Lionpaw! Yourpaw." She meowed, is was just a small injury but Wildspaw started licking it immediately, she learned from the medicen cats that even the smallest scratch could provoke an infection.

"There is a land beyond those mountains that not even the Twolegs can touch with their evil machines." Red said, swiveling his head toward Brighteyes. His amber eyes glowed as he was met with accusations of killing the cats and questions. "I am not here to kill any of you," he announced. "I am not here to doom anyone as well. I am merely here to help."

"So, Red," Stormheart said, narrowing his eyes softly. "You are to lead us to our new home?"

"Yes," Red dipped his head to all. "I am also here to get the two leaders without their lives to the StarClan meeting place so they may receive them."

"I certainly trust him." Frostblaze flicked her tail. "I mean, what someone said was right. If Red wants to harm us, he would of done so already."

Eaglestar nodded in agreement at his deputy's words. "She has a point. We have to go with Red," he said to the others gathered around the fox.

~~~~~~~~~

Lionpaw got back to his paws and waited for his breath to return to him. When it did he said to Wildpaw, "It's okay, it's just a small scratch." The young tom gave the cut a few quick licks before adding, "Cmon, we're falling behind." He beckoned with his tail and bounded up the rocks, a little more slowly this time.

" I'm glad you agree Frostblaze" Hollyfeather murmerd her thanks to the pretty she-cat. Finally the cats are starting to accept her as a fellow deputy, well, nost cats, she eyed Duskfur. Hollyfeather suddenly jolted from her though by Red's voice. " Thank you Red, you must be hungry from walking so far, I can arrange a patrol to collects you berries and fruit if your stomachs empty?" She asked.

Wildpaw scampered after Lionpaw, she could see he had slowed down since their last run, but he was still ahead of her" hey Lionpaw wait for me!" She queled. " Us ThunderClan cats have shorter legs"!

"No thank you, Hollyflight." Red dipped his head, blinking at the other cats. His eyes narrowed a bit. Maybe he really should fill his belly before he went on the journey? "Wait, in fact, I wouldn't mind if you get me some. The journey'll take days, maybe even weeks, but I don think it'll pass a moon, if not a moon and a half."

"Okay, then I think the medicine cats should go." Stormheart said. "We wouldn't want Red to get ill because he ate something bad." he shrugged then. "It's just an opinion."

Hawkfire sat down as the others countinued speaking. Looking around his attention was caught by Riverclan's deputy Hollyfeather moving Willowkit away from Red.Sighing to tom looked up at the sky, a cool breeze shifted his fur. feeling a small shape on his nose, themedicine cats eyes looked at his nose where a small, long, green leaf had landed.

Gasping Haskfire's eyes widdened and the fur along his spine pricked.

*dream only Hawkfire cat hear/see this*

The tom yowled as he was swallowed by shadows, closing his eyes he thoughtDear StarClan whats happening! When his paws finally touched ground, he opened his eyes. "Oh my." he whispered looking around the beautiful field he was in. Smiling the brown cat ran around in the grass like an aprentice on its first hunt. Running out of breathe Hawkfire stoped beneathe a tree. "This must be a willow tree." Looking up at the long hanging branches, his words were conrumed. Suddenly the toms ear flicked forward as he heard a loud screech. Lifting his head the thunderclan cat's eyes widdened."Hawk!!" Jumping up he was about to run when the bird stoped on a branch. The golden eyes stared down into Hawkfire's, the cat backed away as the bird screehed again. "Only can a hawk truely be followed by leafs of a willow." Flying into the sky the brown bird was followed by a trail of leafs. *end of dream*

(P.S. awesome dream!)

Hollyfeather purred in amusement. " Okay ill ask Blackthunder, and apprentices from other clans to go with him so they can get to know either. "

She padded back towards the rest of the clans. " Blackthunder, Bluepaw, Lionpaw, Rainpaw and Wildpaw i have a task for you all. Please can you gather as many berries and fruits you can find, Blackthunder will name sure they are not poisonous, dont eat any just encase." She flicked her tail over the apprentices

"Come on Lionpaw lets go!" Wildpaw yowled. the in a quieter voice . " I wonder who Rainpaw and Bluepaw are?" She whispered to her new friend.

"Yeah I don't know either. Oh well, lets go!" Lionpaw mewed. trotting off towards a clump of bushes. He sniffed around until he came across a large bush that bore bright red fruit. The berries were pretty big, and had seeds on the outside instead of the inside. The golden tom plucked one from the bush and turned to Blackthunder. "Are these okay?"

"Hey! Wait for me!" Rainpaw jumped after the two. "Hi! I'm Rainpaw!" he said, putting out his paw in a friendly manner. "I'm the fiercest warrior in RiverClan!"

Willowkit hissed at the deputy and walked away, her face extremely disapointed and angry. She scanned the clearing for a medicine cat, maybe they had heard from Leafkit. "Hawkfire!" she called out, spotting the tom. Willowkit bounced up to him. "Hawkfire, by any chance, have you dreamt of a kit with green eyes? Here name's Leafkit... I want to know if she is okay in Starclan."

Snaping him out of his thoughts Hawkfire looked up when his name was called. "Ah hello Willowkit." Blinking at the small kit's question he thought. "Sadly I have not seen this kit, but next time I visit Starclan I will cernantly look for her k?" Smiling the tom poked the she cats forhead with his tail.

Brighteyes sat silent and still as the others questioned the fox and the fox answered in return, simply taking in all that was going on. She trusted the fox, and her heart lept when he mentioned even Twolegs couldn't bring harm to the place the Clans were being led.

Her ears pricked forward at his mention of leaders without lives- herself and Stormheart?

"Is.. you mean, is there a place to meet StarClan? Even here?" she asked, her eyes going wide. She'd heard some faint stories of the first Journey, how even StarClan had to walk unfamiliar skies, but if there was a way they could be met soon... and if not, then that meant that StarClan at least knew the way to the new lands, and would certainly be able to guide the living Clans, one way or another.

Red felt a twitch of his lips, his eyes twinkling softly. "No, not here, young Brighteyes... I see where you got your name. Your eyes are the most beautiful shade of green. It is a wonder how StarClan makes cats, right? They choose the kits to look their best for their mother and father..." he then shook his head. "Back to the topic. No, there is not a place here that you can meet with StarClan, but we must get over that mountain range to get to the new land. I have met with StarClan many times in my dreams. They still love the Clans very much, and worry for your sake."

"Then after we rest, we must be going again." Olivewhisker tore at the grass with his claws as he focuses his eyes on the mountain.

Thornstar was relieved. The longer the other two leaders went without receiving their lives, the more dangerous this journey was. If something happened to one of them and their deputy... Thornstar pushed the thought out of his head. Wherever they were going, Brighteyes and Stormheart would get their lives. "Then please lead the way... tomorrow. For tonight, we need to find a place to hunt."

Wildpaw swatted the deep red berries out of Lionpaws pile. " Lionpaw no! she yowled. " Those are deathberries, just one can kill a full-grown warrior! Sorry i was just really scared for a moment you had eaten some" She said sheepishly. She had wanted to be a medicine cat when she was young so she learned a lot of stuff, but then she learned her fighting skills and decided to a warrior for the better of her clan.

She turned her head to see a gray apprentice pading towards them, she head him state his name. " Hi Rainpaw!" She meowed , happy to make more friends." I am Wildpaw! Look theres a bush over there with Cloudberries, lets go collect them!" And she scampered off, hoping the others followed.

Bluepaw groaned, he hated working with others! He didnt Other clan cats at all! But he better join them, otherwise Duskfur will give him a beating. He slowly got up and lumbered, looking for the apprentices.

((They were supposed to be strawberies, but alrighty then))

Lionpaw yelped and flung the fruit away. retreating from the bush. Luckily there was no juice on his paw. "Hehe whoops," he muttered, pelt hot with embarrassment. Suddenly a RiverClan apprentice came up. "Hi Rainpaw, I'm Lionpaw. Stay away from that bush there, the berries are poisonous!" he mewed before scampering after Wildpaw.

(sorry, i though because of the way you described them, then i remembered you talking about the seeds tongue.gif)

Bluepaw scowled as he approached them. " You guys know nothing, what do the other clans teach you?" He growled. "How to kill yourselves?!" He answered his own question. Unsheathing his claws he stuck out at a small bush and watched with satisfaction the Cloudberries drop.

Wildpaw hissed this cat is so rude. He seems to dishonor the name Blue as a affix. She looked at the fiery coloured tom. And she was suddenly frozen, stock still with her mouth hanging open. His eyes. They were unnatural. Especially with a dark ginger coat, They were black round the edges and an intense deep blue in the middle surrounding the pupil.

" What?! What are you looking at!" He snarled but very well knew the answer.

((That's okay smile.gif ))

Lionpaw stepped in front of Wildpaw defensively. "Hey! There's no need to be so mean, especially to a cat who didn't do anyhing wrong. She saved my life there, so back off!" he growled, unsheathing his claws in case the ShadowClan apprentice got any funny ideas.

Blackthunder watched the apprentices pick berries, and saw Wildpaw throw Lionpaw's berries. Hmmm... he thought to himself and then inspected the berries on the bush closer. Then he pulled away with one in his mouth. Turning, he noticed that Lionpaw and Wildpaw seemed to be in a small quarrel with the orange tom Bluepaw. He set down his berry and padded over to the three. "Hey now, no need to fight," he told them. "We should be picking berries for Red, remember?" Then he turned back to the bush and picked more. Once he had a fair amount, he turned back to the apprentices. "Wildpaw, you were right to be worried about these berries, however, they aren't deathberries." He set down the berry so they all could look closer at it. "Notice the small seeds on the outside?" he asked, pointing with a claw at one. "These are known as strawberries."

Ah, sunrise.

Stormheart opened his green eyes and looked up toward the cherry sunrise that was just peeking over the ridge of the mountains. The ThunderClan leader stood up, chilled to the bone. It was cold last night... His eyes went over to Red. The fox was sitting amongst the group of cats, his rounded black ears perked. "Good morning, ThunderClan leader."

"Red." Stormheart dipped his head. "So, how long do you think it'll take?"

"The journey? A quarter moon. You'll be safe then."

"Okay." Stormheart said, stretching.

Eaglestar sat perched on a boulder as the sun began to rise. It stained the sky an orangey pink illuminated the clouds. He had been awake for quite some time. The tom couldn't sleep. He also felt protective and responsible for the other cats. Being the eldest leader, Eaglestar wanted to keep everything peaceful and productive.

~~~~~~~~~~

Lionpaw woke the next morning curled up next to Wildpaw. He blinked his eyes open, and peeked out at the brightening sky. "Hey Wildpaw, wake up! It's morning," he mewed, poking her in the side.

((Dapplefur's still asleep. I'm using her the least right now))

(was going to start a fight between Bluepaw and Wildpaw,guess that has to wait lol)

Wildpaw shrieked and sprang out of the nest." Where am I!?" She spun around confused. " Wheres the camp!". She walked back and forth until realization took over. "oh" she murmerd. She had just remembered the journey. She noticed Lionpaw looking quizzically at her. " Sorry" she meowed." And by the way thanks for sticking up for me against Bluepaw, but i could have showed him a thing or two" She flashed her claws, which were unusually long, and gleamed in the morning sun.

"Wildpaw." A stern voice echoed behind her. She spun round on the spot to meet her father's eyes. " Lionpaw and Stripepaw i also want you to listen to this, particularly for your own safety." His eyes were slightly worried now as Stripepaw leapt over. " That ShadowClan apprentice is bad news, please stay away from him."

Palepaw although partially asleep pricker her ears, the others thought she was still snoozing. Stripepaw cautiously padded forwards to meet the deputy's gaze.

"Why?"

"Because that cat killed his own father, let alone clanmate." Icepath shuddered