TwilightMoonDragon

Warrior Cats: Worn Hearts and Dark Paths

Duskfur nodded in agreement and pulled herself up. She silently listened to the conversation while examining the area. Suddenly a fox apeared, she pushed Willowkit behind her and hissed. Then it spoke cat and she got very confused. "Wha...?"

"Duskfur" Hollyfeather meowed." Please warn the others, tell them to not panic but dont come any closer, and be aware of any unusual sightings" Hollyfeather repeatedly unsheathed and hseathed her claws. She normally would have hoped she did not come across as too bossy, but in a situation like this she couldnt really care less, safety comes first.

Duskfur scoffed. "How 'bout you first?!" she growled, not being happpy with being bossed around. She was deputy, for Peat's sake! "You go, you bossy she cat!" Duskfur said, flipping her tail into Hollyfeather's face and turning her attention back to the fox. "What do you want?!" Duskfur hissed, calming down.

((Duskfur is a very fiery kitteh))

"You do not command my deputy, Hollyfeather," Brighteyes hissed, her ears going flat against her head. "If you're so concerned, then go give the warning yourself. I would like my deputy to remain with me at the moment, as a matter of fact."

The appearance of the fox was startling enough, that stress combined with an already rather low opinion of the RiverClan deputy had pushed Brighteyes into a rather harsh, defensive state, and she knew she had to break out of it and fast. The she-cat took a few deep breaths, feeling the tension slowly ease out of her body.

The fox could speak to them, and it mentioned StarClan. That was enough to convince Brighteyes to give it a chance.

"Duskfur, follow me," she said, glancing at her deputy before pushing her way through the rest of the cats, until she sat before the fox.

"I am Brighteyes, leader of ShadowClan," she said, dipping her head in a respectful manner. "What is your name, fox?"

Hollyfeather growled under her breath. she was shocked! she just reacted to what any normal deputy would. She didnt realize it could cause such a big drama. These cats are Drama-queens!. But Hollyfeather was a noble cat and did not want to cause a fight. She did what she knew was right wothout any complaints. Deputies and leaders are supposed to help the clans and work together, not fuss about who orders who! She thought.

She turned away and padded back to the clans, they stopped once they saw the RiverClan deputy. " Fellow warriors, stop. we have encountered a possible threat, please remain calm and stay where you are, the leaders and deputies can handle this, dont worry Icepath will guide you and answer any questions, but keep and eye out for any suspicious behaiour in this territory, thank you" Holly feather dipped her head to her clanmates nad retraced her steps to the fox. she suddenly remebered something.

"Duskfur! Do you not feel a few simalarities between this fox and the badger midnight?!" She already knew the simalarity, but she knew Duskfur wouldnt hate her if she pointed out the obvious if Duskfur hadnt known herself

(Hollyfeather dont dig yourself deeper into an already deep hole lol)

(whoops didnt see your post Dr.paine sorry)

Edited by Dewspirit

(basically they have been climbing rocks, with the younger cats in the middle for the warriors to protect them and the leaders at the front, Thornstar is leading. The Deputies and leaders have encountered the fox and have warned the clans telling them not to get involved. hope that helps smile.gif

((Thanks, I'll restart since I didn't know that they had left.))

Eaglestar stood, bewildered at the fox. He had no idea that there was such thing as a fox that could speak cat. The tom took a step forward and challenged, "How do you know what StarClan is?"

~~~~~~~~

Dapplefur continued to trekk with Lionpaw at her side. He needed a lot of help, since he wasn't exactly an adept climber. The younv tom was growing tired quickly too.

((Sorry having major writers block right now))

Edited by Moonbeam22

"My leader has obviously figured that out, Hollyfur." Duskfur spit, and followed her leader. She sat down with a huff next to her leader and glared at the RiverClan deputy. She eximined the fox curiously, but her teeth were still bared. She made sure the kits were safe behind warriors.

(yeah this moves pretty quickly)

Wildpaw gasped. she could smell fox! She raced to Icepath knowing she should report it. "Icepath!" She yowled many cats turned to look at her so she quietened down. Stop staring at me! she wanted to shout. She reacher her father who gave her a cuff around the ear. "Be quiet Wildpaw!"

"But Icepath..." she whispered now" I think there's a fox!"

"Wildpaw its fine , the fox is what Hollyfeather was talking about, but dont tell anyone okay!"

Wildpaw's eyes widened, they were real warriors to be fighting off a fox for their clan she thought.

Hollyfeather growled. Seems like some cats have terrible memories She stayed quiet.

Edited by Dewspirit

Dapplefur's heart quickened at the mention of a fox. Great StarClan I hope it won't case trouble... she thought worriedly. "Stay close Lionpaw, there's a fox up ahead." The young golden tom looked up at his mom excitedly and asked, "Can I go see it?"

Dapplefur immediately cuffed him over an ear and scolded, "Absolutely not! You have no idea how dangerous they are! It could kill you with one lazy swipe of a paw."

Lionpaw hung his head and muttered, "Okay fine..." However, he now was on full alert for the fox. I wonder what it looks like...

Edited by Moonbeam22

Icepath heard the WindClan cats." Now look what you have done Wildpaw!" He growled. Wildpaw dropped her head in shame. She walked away from The ThunderClan deputy and Accidenly bumped into a Young Golden apprentice that smelled of moorland and rabbits. She wondered who it was. " sorry!"

"I am Red," state the fox, swaying his tail lightly. Stormheart tipped his head as he watched him, his green eyes narrowing softly. "I am Midnight's apprentice, and before she died she sent me on a journey from the sun drown place to here. I understand that your territory has been taking about the Upwalkers?"

"Yes," stated Olivewhisker. "The Twolegs."

"Im sorry for that. I will not hurt any of your young at all, nor any of your warriors. I eat only berries and fruit." Red's pointed snout motioned toward the mountain ridge. "You should be heading toward that."

Hollyfeather looked towards the mountains." do you know how long it would take us Red" from the scent of berries around his muzzle she believed him but she was still wary incase they were being tricked

"What will we find there?" Brighteyes asked, sweeping her tail back and forth, keeping a careful eye on the fox. "I do not want my Clan- or any Clan- to suffer this again. If we'll be chased out..." the leader trailed off, looking away.

"... and do you know if there is anything to hunt? We aren't quite like you, we cannot live on vegetation alone."

Hollyfeather looked at the fox expectantly. The animal seemed skinier than most foxes but healthier. She nodded her head agreeing with Brighteyes. She'd hate it if any of the innocent cats had to starve because of twolegs

"That's okay, Lionpaw said to the ThunderClan apprentice. He paused a moment before adding, I wonder what the fox wants..."

~~~~~~~~~

Eaglestar tipped his head curiously at where the fox was pointing. "Why that way? Is that where StarClan has gone to?" His nerves were able to be calmed knowing that the fox had known Midnight. His great grandfather Lionblaze (( wink.gif )) had fought with her against the Dark Forest many years ago.

a fun Idea suddenly pricked at her mind. " Mabye it wants to to eat you!" She growled happily pretenting to be a fox, then she leapt at Lionpaw in a playful way.

Icepelt stood by Russetfur. " Why do you think its taking so long Russetfur?" he asked unsure is the leaders are alright.

Duskfur nodded cautiously and stepped closer to the fox. She could smell the berry scent on it's fur. "Starclan... Starclan sent you?" she asked carefully. "Starclan..." Duskfur blinked slowly and looked towards the place the fox pointed. She whipped her her head back to the fox, nose to nose. "You better not be lying fox! If it's your fault my clan dies, i will rip you to shreds and feed you to the crows!" she hissed.

Russetfur shrugged. "I don't know... they seem fine," he grumbled, squinting to see better and perking his ears to listen. "Fox... clan... dies... shreds... crows" is all he heard coming from Duskfur, typical. "It sounds like Duskfur is yelling at it," he said, whiskers twitching.

Climbing on to the flat Hawkfire took a double take on the fox, whom was now talking with the other cats. When the he heard Midnight mentioned he remebered a dream. "I think Iknow who midnight is, I saw her in a dream once." He said squietly to himself.

Icepath twitched his ears in amusement. " That cat will never change" he meowed sparked with a hint of laughter.

Hollyfeather took a step forward. " Duskfur if it were a normal fox dont you think it would have attacked or tucked tail and fled by now?! This ones different i can feel it. Red have you received any other messages from starclan?" She asked, hoping she wasnt wrong in thinking this was fox was a friend

"I'm just making sure, mousebrain!" Duskfur hissed at Hollyfeather, taking a step back. "I love my clan enough to do so, instead of trusting our lives to a fox. A FOX." The dark pelted deputy gave one last growl to Red and let Hollyfeather pelt it with annoying questions.

Willowkit overheard the conversation and jumped through the crowd straight to Red's feet. "Wow! You know Starclan?!" Asked Willowkit. "Red! Oh, how's Leafkit?!" Willowkit squeaked. Was she happy?

Lionpaw rolled to the side to dodge Wildpaw. "Well if you're a fox, then I'm Lionblaze! I cannot be defeated in battle!" The golden tom let out a mock evil laugh, and lunged at the ThunderClan apprentice, batting at her with soft blows to the chest and legs.

" Hey" She laughed as she was kicked aside. "But im not just an ordinary fox i can can climb trees!" she yelled as she sprinted jumped against then pushed back off a tree and pinned Lionpaw down gently. She purred, she didnt realise you could have so much fun with other clan cats!

Hollyfeather suddenly tensed" Willowkit please get back, you can your question but a bit further back please" Although she believed Red she still didnt feel comfortable for a kit to this close to a fox, she swept her long tail around the kit and pulled her back.

Lionpaw laughed and wriggled out from under Wildpaw. "Betcha can't catch me!" he taunted, bolting up the hill as fast as his paws would carry him. He got pretty far, but stumbled and fell on a loose rock. With a Umph he fell to the ground, knocking the wind out of him.