LyricShadowcrow

What not to say to a Newbie

Set it out in the sun to fade.

Why are there suddenly seven biomes?

TJ created seven biomes and saw that it was good, and so he rested.

why can't i have unlimited CB valentine's dragons?

You can. Whoever said you can't is telling you porkies. 

Why are there no eggs from last year's dragon in the AP?

I got them all.

Why can I only have two of the holiday eggs?

3 hours ago, trystan said:

TJ created seven biomes and saw that it was good, and so he rested.

😆

Since holidays are associated with an abundance of sweets, it has been made DC lore that the shells of holiday dragons are made of concentrated sugar. This concentration of sugar for egg-laying is a very difficult task for the wild dragons to accomplish and they have to endure a lot of stomach aches to get it done. They also smell like sugar when they get close to laying eggs and get can be attacked by hungry dragons.

The sugar shell CB eggs are very fragile and extra-prone to breakage and dying or being eaten by other dragons on your scroll. You're very lucky if they hatch. Some people have to try every year to get both CBs.

The further the lineage is from the holiday CB, the less sugar in the egg shell and the better the chances of the egg living to hatch.

How do I get a yellow Undine?

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise
Dragons ate some of my letter, because they heard the word 'sugar'

it's a very tedious process, because you have to extract the blue from the green Undine, which then leaves you with just the yellow.

why can't i keep all 4 of those bred valentine eggs? why must i pick just one? (i want to keep them ALL!)

Well, given the above explanation, clearly it would be too much sugar for one scroll to handle.

How do I make my cantormaris orange?

You have to teleport the egg seven times with Magi dragons to seven different players. See? Right there in the description- happy traveling dragon. It's not happy if it doesn't get back home on your scroll. Its trust in humans is broken and it turns red with anger.

Why can't my dragons just grow without views?

dragons are quite vain, and think the world revolves them, and so they need people to view them.  all the time.

how do i get a zombie dragon?

Eventually one will hatch from the egg with the 'This egg smells musty, like rotting leaves.' description. Zombie dragons are actually leaf-covered skeletons and must keep replacing the dead leaves that fall off of them.

Thanks, trystan. 😃

Why can't I use Influence on Valentine eggs?

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

because valentine eggs know what they want to be when they grow up

Why can't two-headed dragons breed with two one-headed dragons? 

Two heads are better than one, so obviously a single-headed dragon must be inferior and not worth mating with.

What's so special about spriter's alts?

Collect and hatch chicken eggs and freeze the chicks until you have 10 Peeps. Then catch another chicken egg and it will hatch into a rabbit who will color the eggs on your scroll. The rabbit disappears in 24 hours and you have to start all over again. Your colored dragon eggs will disappear and become Egg Hunt eggs.

Why are the Seasonal Dragons still laying Winter eggs in March? 

AP stands for Approved Players - it's an exclusive earned privilege where you look at eggs in the Cave, you can see exactly what they are - like if the egg is one of the 'It's bright. And pink,' you can see if it is Pink or Flamigo or what color a Gemshard will hatch out to be.

What does Splash do?

If you already have a Sprite Alt to breed and produce eggs that you can trade to another Sprite Alt owner. They're the elitists of DC. 

Why do so many dragons glow in the dark?

They all live in a cave after all, glowing in the dark would attract prey or mates better.

How do I get the orange new breed?

No, they were only available in 1970.

I wanted to get a Neglected, so I grabbed an egg and then went away for a week. I didn't even look at my scroll, so I think I neglected it as much as possible! But it died instead of becoming neglected.

What did I do wrong?

You didn't stay away long enough, eggs need two weeks to become neglected. 

Why can't I keep all my valentine eggs that I'm breeding?

Dragons have intense sibling rivalry for parental attention. It'd look like this when they hatched, and that's before they get angry and frustrated. You especially don't want this to happen with breeds that have psychic influence like Cantormaris or Omen Worms or Kohrakis. Too many Valentine siblings would have you lying on the floor in a total blissed out state while your hatchies don't get fed or cleaned up after. Hatchlings are better behaved around unrelated hatchlings.

Why are there dinosaurs in the Cave?

There are?

Why can't I send a message to the person whose trade I offered on?