LyricShadowcrow

What not to say to a Newbie

Well, see, they don't like to be mean, so they wait until your well up into the double digits, then they'll post. Only rarely do they decide to be evil.

Why can't I feed my dragons?

They're sick and lost their appetites.  Go put them in as many fansites as possible; they love being fussed over by adoring strangers.

What's an ND, and can I make one?

It means Narcolepsy Day, it’s when dragons have their sprites replaced with sleeping ones randomly.

Is ‘biting’ just another name for ‘kill’?

No. There's a small chance that the vampire will suck the egg's content out completely, leaving you with an almost unbroken shell to keep on your scroll.

Why are there so many people traipsing through the Jungle biome today?

It's "Appreciate the Jungle Week". Be sure to take some photos.

How do I describe my dragons?

Wait for them to grow up into adults, they will automatically get a description. No need to do anything.

How do I gain the ability to grow more eggs at once?

First, you must go to TJ. Second, you must make a sacrifice of some kind, something special to you. Then he will consider your offer and grant you the ability to grow more eggs.

Why is everyone stealing the eggs I want right when I try to grab it?

In case you missed it, Festival of Eggs is coming soon. They need all thr eggs they can get to use for painting, and one mistake then they have to steal again - an endless cycle!

Why can't I get Pink Gemshards? No matter how hard I try, the color I want won't appear!

They only appear on Valentines, too bad you missed it by a month.

Can I catch eggs for my friends?

Certainly. You have to get the egg, then abandon it immediately afterwords. If you wait even a minute, it won't work. Your friend will come along and pick it up for you.

How can I get my descriptions approved by a mod faster?

Brownies. Mods like brownies.

I bred my dragons at Valentine's but now they have refused each other. What happened?

Spam breed every second of every day until next year. It will glitch the game to force a breed.

What is the CB SAlt that I keep hearing everyone talk about?

Salt dragons. You get one of your shinies turned into a Salt dragon if you give a snappish or salty response to TJ or his mods on the forums, thus the name.

I have an idea for a super awesome dragon. How can I get it on DC?

You have to draw the dragon and write any detail about it that you can think of and have it on paper. (printed or hand written). Then you have to place it on an alter dedicated to TJ and in the middle of a pentagram that is outlined by at least 50 candles. Then you have to preform a blood sacrifice and pray to TJ while burning the papers. Wait a month and the dragon will be added.

My eggs are in stage one of hatching and have 3 days left. What do I do?!?

Perform the growth ritual and provide only the finest of foods. That will help them grow.

Overburdened?! What do you mean I'm overburdened?!

You need to lose weight. Don't eat all the food yourself, but leave something for your dragonets to eat. This way, you can feed more hatchlings, meaning you can take care of more baby dragons.

What does Earthquake do?

^This is actually very much true...

So, to answer your question:

ER time is the Emergency Release time. When you're afraid that you won't be able to get your little one the necessary stats to hatch or grow up, it's time for an emergency release. Since everyone uses different resources, these times vary, but many people consider 4 days left critical.

New question: So, I hate it that this one user always gets the first eggs of a new release, and I've been viewbombing them from the very beginning. They're gaining stats like crazy, got sick almost instantly, but these hardy eggs won't die. What am I doing wrong? ;) 

(For the record, I took the anti-viewbombing oath...)

Well clearly you've forgotten that that user's eggs can only be killed using the Massive Flamethrower of Doom dragon. You have to breed all your reds to your papers on the same day and the resulting flames produce this dragon.

Why do my eggs need so many views?

Because they like the attention. They get really sad if they don't get enough.

What is "RP"ing?

The playing of a role. The R and P have been switched purposefully to make things confusing for people who will not take that art seriously.

What is the action expunge?

It allows you to mark other people's dragons to delete them immediately.

How do you get rare dragons?

It depends on the rare.  For instance, a bronze shimmer can be obtained by performing "splash" a thousand times.

Why can I only have four eggs?  (For the record, I can have more, but if this is newbie questions...)