LyricShadowcrow

What not to say to a Newbie

Attempt to kill them. They'll get so scared of dying that their timer will go down, and they'll grow up faster. Some of them may die for real, but hey, now you acquired some zombie tries. 

Any advice on finding a leetle tree? 

They decrease your hatchling slots permanently for each of them you grow, but they look cool on people's scrolls. 

What is a "dummy"?

Actually, Aria dragons are well known for their promiscuity.  The actual parents may be something entirely different.  You mean you hadn't heard?  Oops, didn't see the last page.

Well, first, you approach another user, preferably in a new release thread (but other threads work if the latest new release thread is locked), and then (in posts; PMs are rude), you offer to trade one of your dragons for one of theirs.  If you both agree, then you draft up an online contract, affix your virtual signatures to it, and poof!

(Note that the first person to make an offer gets an automatic bonus; it's perfectly reasonable to trade a 2G thunder for a CB gold, if you make the first move.)

Why do people like cheese dragons?  They're so unrealistic; nobody makes yellow cheese with holes in it!

Edited by Pilauli

Their cheese ..."meat" is an excellent bait for attracting CB rares in cave only visible to you.

Why is the shard count off? It used to be at 200, a nice and even number. Now it's at 332 after reaching the weekly limit. What happened?

Edited by Naraku

Because you get bonus shards if you kill your hatchlings.

Why were the dragon cave forums created?

So everyone could praise TJ.  It did not work quite as expected.

image.png.765a733c9826c530ed6b23c8576793cc.pngWhy do some eggs come in batches of 3?

It’s usual for dragons to produce clutches, it’s only because the mothers only present us with the amount she wants while keeping/releasing the others. 

Can I make a Cat dragon?

Sure, if you're up to all the science and stuff that it takes to do so.

Why can't I put quotes around names, like Allen "Al" Draco?

Because DC is very formal and does not approve of nicknames.

(Would you believe that I don't know the real reason?  I promise I don't.)

Why doesn't the main cave show the egg pictures?

What do you mean? All eggs come out with a question mark on grey. Only touching it will clear it but DC has a strict “Touch it, take it” rule.

How would you know the difference between an alt or normal?

While viewing their view page, their theme music will change slightly if it's an alt.

Why can't I get any more eggs? I have egg slots but I'm still overburdened to take anything, even hatchies.

All the dragons have heard of how terrible a caretaker you are and refuse to be taken by you.

Why is the Holidays zone have nothing in it every time I look?

Bad luck, you must’ve missed the sales. Be sure to arrive earlier next year.

What’s a Yulebuck? I don’t see any dragon with that breed name...

1. You can buy more egg slots, you just need to contact a mod and leave your details with them, including your password so they know that it is 100 percent your account. 

2. Make sure to always have dead eggs on your scroll, as this will help attract the rarer species of dragons that have an elemental affinity for 'dark.' 

3. The Holiday Zone is available to premium members only, but you can get the eggs by joining a guild. 

(As the previous poster didn't write any questions but only some awesome tips for getting started on Dragon Cave, I'll answer the question that was asked before that.)

Oh Yulebuck isn't a dragon! It's a scroll badge you'll receive if you participate the traditional Christmas celebrations of Dragon Cave and it's a reference to the Svandinavian julbock, as Dragon Cave actually is of Swedish origin.

I saw a Christmas tree on someone's scroll, how do I get one for myself?

Edited by Varislapsi

Contrary to the very meaning of raffles, it's actually biased toward people's scroll number that ends with an even number. That's why there are repeat winners out there. Obviously, people with the odd numbers are less lucky.

What is the difference between salt and S.Alt?

S.Alt is a secret DC code. You should open the website, press "S", "." and "Alt" on your keyboard simultaneously and see what happens.

There is a hole in my egg! Is it dying?

It's trying to hatch.  If it's less than a week old, though, the dragon will not be able to survive outside the egg.  Fog the egg immediately to prevent external stimulation, and un-fog it after it's a week old.

Why doesn't Christmas have a trick-or-treat type thing like all the other holidays?

Because you can get trick-or-treat type things for all the other events on Christmas eve. You get them by looking at other people's scrolls.

What time zone is Dragon Cave in?