LyricShadowcrow

What not to say to a Newbie

People with no trophies go around trick or treating: they can breed one pair of dragons on the scroll of each player with a trophy (until they run out of egg room), and are guaranteed to get an egg from that pair.  Obviously, there's a huge rush to get first pick of the CB prizes and such, because dragons can only breed once a week (like normal).  Some unscrupulous users make alts and trick-or-treat from themselves to get guaranteed offspring from their favorite dragons.

In the past, several people have released enough dragons to lose their trophies so they can trick-or-treat, and there've been several glitches, including at least one egg produced by breeding two male dragons and several dragons descended from incompatible breeding groups.  My favorite's a 2G Howler Drake from a Grave Dragon.  Someone also bred a Stone and a Pygmy.  It's absolutely hilarious, but I don't remember the code right now.

Argh, I'm tyring to breed ghiwE with Za4il, but it's not working.

Misspelling of "thewed" that became a sort of meme.  Applied to big, tough dragons.

What's the difference between the alpine and the volcano?

Obviously you have to look at Galsreim Map on PC. Notice how the Alpine area are full mountains, while some areas of the Volcanoes are not. So if you're looking for dragons that cannot fly but live in the mountains, go for Volcano :v

What's the use of Expunge?

It makes a really bad smell that chases away all your dragons for a day, even the eggs. Most of them come back, but a few stay away.

What is a click site for?

It’s a place like the cave that predicts incoming eggs. No one knows how accurate it is though.

Can an eastern be bred to a western?

Yes, just like a western can be bred with a wyvern.  Easterns, however, cannot be bred to wyverns.

Why can't I influence my Soulstone hatchling male?

Because you haven't offered your soul to the dragon god to do so.

Why can't I kill this bloody Leetle Tree?

Because they accidentally get lost in the shadows. Eggs can't see, so they roll through the shadows by accident.

Why aren't there any hatchlings in the AP?

Hatchlings find it much easier to get picked up.  All they have to do is run over to a newbie and make puppy eyes.  It never fails.

I left my eggs alone on my scroll for two weeks, but when I came back, they had died rather than turning into neglected dragons.  Why?

Neglected dragons are too weak to even break the shell of their eggs, so it’s better to neglect hatchlings.

What’s considered a shiny?

Spirit wards.  They glow, you see.

How long does it take an egg to hatch?

People randomly giving out glasses of Sprite to users wearing a sign that says "I'm a dragon caver!" in the streets.

What to do with a hatchling that appears to be ...dead?

Edited by Gluria

Some users actually want pygmy dragons removed for political correctness, because they have a very unflattering portrayal in the game.  For instance, they don't even show up in the regular breeding menu, leading to unfortunate implications about physical disabilities setting people apart.

And how do you get a prize dragon?

Start polluting the atmosphere; one will show up before too long.

Why is this thread called "what not to say to a newbie"?

So highly experienced players can share tips without newbies believing them. Some are blatantly fake as to confuse them in case newbies actually try them.

Would the dragon mothers of the eggs we stole hunt us down?

... Duh? Would you not turn into a vicious predator if your child was kidnapped for fun? 

So I saw these lineages where Pink dragons just came from Aria dragons? How are they even related??