LyricShadowcrow

What not to say to a Newbie

Because pumpkin dragons can only breed with spice dragons. (Oops, ninja'd!)

You can, but a perception filter is making you believe you can't.

When will the Halloween event start?

Edited by Lagie

It will start anytime throughout October, don't take any eggs or hatchlings for a full month unless the event has started :v

What happens if I re-neglect a Neglected hatchling?

It becomes a Twice-Neglected Dragon. Like twice-baked potato.

Why do egg view pages have no artist credit(s)?

No one made them, they just spawn randomly

Why are there pictures on top of my scrooll?

Those are the pictures of TJ and main spriters.

Why can we abandon bred eggs immediately but not ones from the cave?

Spoiler

Quote from a similar question asked before, "Why can't I immediately abandon eggs from cave?":

On 9/26/2018 at 3:50 PM, Rememberdrgns said:

Because we need to make sure the egg is of unknown origins, until then  we cannot mark it as CB to fool AP hunters. It takes time to ask around.

Edit: oops, didn't know it was the same person XD I should give my own answer...

Because bred eggs are known to be harder, better, faster, and stronger than eggs from cave. Also, you don't breed them in the dark, which gives bred eggs energy from sunlight to survive, whereas eggs from cave don't have that energy and you need to feed it for 5 hours before it's ready to be on its own.

Why are people talking about Gusties? Has the breed info been leaked somewhere?

Edited by BlueLatios

Yep. I hacked into the server a few months ago, forcing them to be released earlier than expected, along with their encyclopedia page. That's why everybody know about them. B) No I didn't.

Why aren't people picking up ER eggs in AP?

Cuz they baked in the sun for too long and stink to high heaven. Plus the gusties will waft the smell even further, and no one's down for that.  

What do mods do on here? 

Edited by Feesh

It's synonymous with "trough".  You put dragon food in it, especially if you're going to be busy with other stuff over Halloween, to make sure your dragons don't starve.

If there are paper dragons, are there also parchment dragons and ink dragons?

Yes, but they’re very rare. People and dragons don’t like having a big pile of ink slobbering around.

Why aren’t Paper dragons titled as Pygmies? They’re described to be small.

Because the pygmies hate paper dragons and try to eat them. TJ09 didn't want cannibalistic dragons, so papers aren't pygmies.

Are cheese dragons edible?

No, but they do shed a bulk of their tails every month; careful, though- owing to their high metabolism, they're notorious to spoil quickly.

Why are waterhorse dragons wingless, when they've obviously got tiny wings on them?

That is because they are considered wingless on land. They are properly classed as western while underwater, where their wings actually function. They're the only one with water wings, so they are the fast flier underwater.

I offered something on a trade, but I got no notification when my offer was no longer active. What happened?

One of your eggs/hatchlings are probably fake, request the mods for help immediately, or abandon the eggs/hatchlings that you have offered.

Why are there different Black Dragon sprites?

Because the black dragons got tired of looking the same and decided to pose differently.

What is the dragcave forums for?

The Dragcave forums is used to contemplate a banana

Why do I see dead dragons when I kill dragons?

Edited by Ether-Equinox

Because they are trying to make you feel guilty instead of disintegrating immediately.

Err... can I make this zombie go away?

Sure, all you need is a sturdy stick and a particular kind of meanness.

What does the white dragon BSA do again?

Oh. Yeah about that...

Don't use it. It turns your dragons genderless and make them unable to breed, it's an old bug yet to be fixed.

Prizes? What are they?

What you get once you've gotten negative shards. The only way to get negative shards is to abandon more that 100 eggs in a day.

Why can't I get a fifth egg?

Maybe you're trying it at nighttime? Vampires come alive and tend to bite them, and the other hatchies get scared and toss it away. You should pay more attention to your eggs and hatchies ^^

I really, really like those heartstealing dragons, but can't find them throughout the year at all! Why? Please help ><

They won't. They have been violating DC rules by stealing dragons' hearts, literally. They are now banned from roaming in caves, and you cannot breed their offspring.

Why is there no Pizza dragon yet? I mean, it makes sense if Cheese and Paper dragons exist, right?

Pizza is just too good to resist eating, and people don’t like to eat a dragon alive, enchantments or not.

What’s special for Halloween here?