LyricShadowcrow

What not to say to a Newbie

Yes. There are many scrolls available in the world, but they are an outdated way to keep information. I recommend you use word processor on your computer to type up and save your documents. Plus it saves paper! 8D

Oops I released one of my dragons....can I get it back?

Yes. You must have one of each type of Dino, which gives you the 'Capture' BSA (much like summon for the trio) and you mus t perform this BSA on the dragon you want back every day for a month. If you miss a day, you will have to start over, if you miss another day, you won't be able to do it at all.

Why does everyone have so many Red dragons on their scrolls? They aren't that pretty and they don't even have dimorphism, so what's up with that?

To prevent other players' dragons from attacking you.

Can I get a white dragon with green eyes?

Sure, just breed an albino with a black, which will give you an albino black, which has the green eyes of the black and white scales instead.

When do we get new dragons? Is there a schedule posted somewhere.

Yes, please check the dragcave wiki for release scheduling.

Also, you don't just "get" new dragons for free. Certain requirements need to be met in order to receive new dragons. Information on that can also be found in the wiki.

Why do I only get one egg from breeding dragons?

What? Normally they have clutches of about five or six, with a mixture of the parent breeds and their specific 'mixes'. (Don;t confuse these with Hybrids! They are different entirely!)

You must have a bug, and a serious one! Send a PM to TJ. In fact, send lots, because this is a serious problem and the Datamonster may be on the prowl again! Hurry! Spam those PMs!

I had a blue egg and an orange egg, and when I bred the dragons from them I got a spotty egg. What happened? Where is my nice blue or orange egg?

Uh oh. One of your dragons must have contracted a disease. It's probably not even from the ones you bred. You need to figure out which one it is and kill it! If you don't the disease will spread and comprise all of the dragons on your scroll! Don't forget to kill the dragons that are infected too!

I drew a dragon on a peice of paper. How do I add that dragon to my scroll?

Edited by Yamato_K

You upload it on internet and copy its link into your favourite dragon description and when it gets approved you have your own dragon on DC!

Why do some dragons have more than 1 egg design?

Because there aren't en apples

What is a click and how do I get one?

Are you for real girl? First of all, it's spelt "clic", and unless you are, like, super popular, you don't "get" one, you join one.

Oh no! I accidentally released a dragon. How can I get it back?

You lure it back with meat, cheese and wine

How do I find the Trio dragons?

You need to be a rash individual wandering the biomes seeking to become a legendary dragon. If you are lucky (but also mostly because of your recklessness), you'll bump into each of the trio dragons one at a time, in which they'll challenge you to a fight and, being the rash individual you are, will accept and tell them to meet you at the central cave each at a different time one hour apart. What you don't know is they're already good amigos so they'll probably all meet up at the designated spot around the same time. (props if you get the reference)

Ugh, I'm only getting female dragons. How can I get male dragons?

Is that not a key on your keyboard.

I bred a blue stripe with a white stripe and got this funny red egg why did it not come out blue or white? tongue.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.gif

Egg colour doesn't say anything about your dragons colour. Red stripe egg just means it's going to be a female Stripe when it's grown

What is the difference between rare dragons and uncommon dragons?

Uncommon just means they aren't common, so they are harder to find. Rare, on the other hand, does not simply mean even harder to find - don't be fooled! It stands for 'Really angry, really extreme' dragon, and if you let one hatch on your scroll it will kill another hatchling. When it grows to an S2 it will do the same, or possibly kill a Mint or a Pygmy. When it becomes an adult, it will kill a random dragon from your scroll. Do not allow a Rare to hatch unless you are prepared for these risks.

They are also rare, but that's because few people are prepared to risk having them. CBs kill two dragons at each stage, so CBs are even rarer.

I got some cool dragons and grew them. One is Icy, one looks like it's made of lava and the other looks electricky. All of them have this BSA 'Summon' - what does it do? Should I use it? How does it work?

Whatever you do don't do it. They are occult dragons and will summon a demon that will kill most of your dragons except for your dorsals.

What is a shimmer?

Shimmers are just another name for the rare and elusive Glitter Dragons. They are the rarest dragons on DragonCave! You can only get one once you get 500 caveborn Gold dragons.

What are trophies?

Trophies were initially meant as acknowledgement for excelling in certain categories. However, as we've become more PC, every dragon now gets a trophy simply for participating. If your dragons do not have a trophy, there must be a glitch and complaining about the lack of trophy will correct the issue.

Why has the background changed?

What do you mean the background has changed? the background does not change unless you change it. Perhaps you have had your account hacked and need to report this to TJ.

What is this thing where everyone wants Flamingos? They are kind of ugly, IMO.

If you gather enough flamingos, a new biome opens. This is why they're so prized.

How many dragons can I have?

Flamingos come from warmer climates and many are getting tired of the cold. ninja.gif'd

you can only have 20 of each breed and fewer for the rarer breeds and Holidays so choose your dragons carefully.

I keep seeing all these Blusangs, but if that's pas-tense then where can I find a Blusing?

Edited by Syiren

You need to have a dragon with the time travel BSA. Using that, you can find the Blusing which is the precursor/ancestor dragon to the Blusang.

Why are there so many coastal dragons in the cave?

Sadly, these coastal dragons are very indecisive and can't choose between living on the land or living at sea. Stuck in a paradox they linger so long that hordes of them start to appear which makes them much more abundant in comparison to the dragon types.

I came to my scroll this morning and noticed there was something odd about the DC website. There are now pictures on each side which appear cave-like and move whenever I scroll down on the page. What is going on?!