Tyra-Ice

The Glacier Post

The Glacier Post

A small Dragon Cave Newspaper

Hello everyone!

Some of you may know me from my art thread, Tyra's Artwork. :3 It is true that I am an artist, but just recently I got into the DC Newsletter because I thought it was a really cool idea. That newsletter spurred me on create this thread. Basically, I am a contributor for the Dragon Cave Newsletter so you will see my articles there occassionally; however, I've decided to also post my articles here in this tiny monthly newspaper thread of sorts. Every month, the article I've written for the Dragon Cave Newsletter will also be posted here at The Glacier Post so I can gather critique and see what you all think of my writing. happy.gif I will also post polls from time to time pertaining to some of the articles I post here. If it gets popular enough, I might even make a list of the dedicated readers of my articles. smile.gif

I hope you all enjoy this small newspaper thread and thank you for reading The Glacier Post!

~Tyra

Fun Note: If you would like to see the cool fonts I have for this thread, please click the links below to download the fonts. smile.gif

Font 1 - Jizz Mass

Font 2 - ice sticks

Font 3 - Britannic Bold

How to Install Fonts(PC): After downloading(remember where you downloaded the files!) Start>Control Panel>Fonts>File>Install New Font... Then use the search box to find the folder where you downloaded the fonts and click ok.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

The Glacier Post

May's Article

Dorkface Identity Crisis Strikes Dragon Cave!

Written by Tyra-Ice

Early on the morning of April 19th, Cave Time, a DC forums member by the name, brairtrainer, came across a startling fact. While renaming her Tinsel dragon to show its Dorkface lineage, she found that the beloved first Dorkface ancestor’s name had been erased as well as his lovely mate and all other dragons on ladiefare’s scroll. Yes, it is true; Midas Dorkface has indeed lost his name. Now, that renowned name is found on an unlikely Flamingo hatchling, the last place you would expect. However, the owner of the Flamingo hatchling, Nine, is willing to give the original Dorkfaces back their names if ladiefare indeed comes back, stating “Yes, I have the names Midas Dorkface and Shallyna'ar. No, I'm not looking for bribes or any sort of trade, not looking for recognition, not looking to destroy the market value of the Dorkface name (lol?). I'm not into the whole famous-named-lineages thing-- it's not something that particularly interests me-- which is why I picked up the names in the first place. Because I won't have any trouble giving them up should the original owner return and ask for them. So yeah, if/when ladiefare returns and wants them back, sure why not? I know I'd be bummed if I lost my dragons' names, so when I saw they were available I figured I'd hold them.” When asked about how she came across this tragic event, brairtrainer, who’s had her own Dorkface since the end of March, had this to say: “Yesterday was probably my luckiest day on DC, caught a really nice evengen lineaged vine, and a leetle tree. I also discovered that my Tinsel (then named Messed up Mister was a Dorkface) I became very excited as my plan was to breed him to a very messy lineaged Silver I got to pay back the metalweavers thread (he misgendered though). This morning I logged on to the forum to find the No More Orignal Dorkface? thread. After checking that and Do you have a Dorkface V.2 I saw the lineage shot of the hatchling flamingo that now has Midas Dorkface's name. Apparently that person has already named a BBW after his mate as well... In order to remind myself who the real Midas Dorkface was I attached his code to my Vamp (proof here->http://dragcave.net/lineage/SS3rj). He hatched the day before Dorkface lost his name and I mean to describe it to commarderate Dorkface and to preserve who the original Dorkface was.”

The proof is in the scroll which can be found at this link: http://dragcave.net/user/n/ladiefare/1. Upon further examination, ladiefare’s entire scroll was indeed found to be wiped clean of every dragon name. How did this happen? One possible explanation is that ladiefare neglected or forgot to visit her account within the time period of two months, for if a DC account is left inactive for two months, all the dragons on that scroll will unfortunately lose their names.

Dragon Cave members from all over are devastated at this shocking news and many expressed their opinions on the matter. Member, CDM, says “I am as shocked and saddened as everyone else. The one Dorkface Silver that I have, now has a nameless lineage. But, these are the risks we take, unfortunately, when it comes to lineages sad.gif We all have lives outside of DC and they can take over. I do hope that Ladyfaire is okay IRL, and that she is able to come back to us in the future to start over. It would be so nice that those people who grabbed the names of her starting pair, did so, so that she would be able to reclaim them if she ever returns.” Member, fanficlover09, states “This is certainly a new occurance for me xd.png I'm actually stunned about the Dorkface crisis. I know the rule about being inactive and losing your names, but it's the Dorkfaces. There should be a special line somewhere, ne? We can only cross our fingers and hope that somehow TJ cares about a lineage that is very popular and very dear to his users. Hopefully he (or the owner) will get it straightened out.” Member, Iside, remarks “I'm very sad that Midas and Shally lost their names. I'm not very much into Dorkface lineage, but nonetheless I'm proud of my few nice gen Dorkys. Yes, their ancestors are still alive, but it won't be the same without their names.” However, not all opinions are the same. Member, Varekis, had this to say: “I'd just like to say firstly that I don't particularly dislike the Dorkface lineage but I don't really understand the drama surrounding the name purge. Yes, it was a long standing and well known line but we really can't forget that all our dragons are created equal (excluding CB tinsels and HM prizes, of course) and therefore all are subject to the same rules and ToM. I think it's a little silly to expect that rules can be bent for a certain few - the original Dorkfaces are special, but that doesn't mean someone else's whiptail called "Flash 1928" or something isn't. How can you explain to someone else that their dragon wasn't well known enough to deserve having its name restored?” These are only a few of the numerous expressed opinions over the Dorkface crisis. Many DC members are even going so far as to try and persuade TJ09 to restore the original Dorkfaces’ names permanently, creating a petition for the original Dorkfaces to reclaim their identities.

So just how popular is the Dorkface lineage? Several searches were conducted by DC members, and the results are surprising. When searching “Midas Dorkface” on Google, member, dragongrrl, found approximately 144,000 results. Searching “Shallyna'ar” - about 89,700 results. And searching “Dorkfaces dragon” - around 334,000 results. Not to mention when dragongrrl Googled “dorkface dragcave”, she found approximately 8,610,000 results! In The Book of DC Records, Midas Dorkface is recorded as the most famous dragon; Shallyna'ar as the dragon with the most descendents; and Dorkface as the largest lineage. On possible estimate of how many dragons actually were included in the Dorkface lineage came to over 146,000 dragons.

Overall, do the original Dorkfaces deserve to have their names restored? That is for you to decide. The big questions now are, “Where is ladiefare?” and “Will the noble Gold ever reclaim his true name, Midas Dorkface?”

NOTE TO READERS: Please do NOT post comments about the Dorkface Identity Crisis here! Because of the massive popularity on the subject, the DC forums moderators have limited talk of this issue to only one thread, Do you have a Dorkface? (v2). However, you may post comments on my writing style, critique, etc. here. Also, there may be more information added to this article in the future due to the continuously changing circumstances. Thank you!

Edited by Tyra-Ice

Wow! That is quite a write-up. I am both humbled and honored that so many people care about the Dorfaces.Their names have been restored, with a little improvement to boot wink.gif