kiffren

kiffren's art thread

I'm waiting on a side face pic of Kodiak from Devi before I do her request.

I got an outside sprite request from PonyToast. Posting it here so I have all the references when I go to work on it.

colors, pose, cutie mark

Are you taking requests next?

Meh. I'll open up two requests now. I'm not gonna start working on them until after I finish Devious_Bookworm's sprite. Only opening up two slots since PonyToast made that request.

Request Form

Reference: A golden dragon with carring blue eyes and a heart shaped shape on his tale and he has silver claws. His horns are also silver and the tips of his wings are speckled with silver.

If no reference, explain:

Size: 40-50 o gusse

Other details: Can his wings be down bit still beable to see the front of his front paws/feet and the back of his back paws/feet. And he has a brown leather collar.

Requests closed. :3

I finished Devi's puppydog:

user posted image

Fur is hard.

----

I've been really busy with life, so I haven't gotten to sprite much. However, I did finish PonyToast's OC:

user posted image

----

I haven't completely forgotten about requests, I've just been really busy with schoolwork. I'll get to them soon hopefully.

Today I tried spriting my first "large" sprite. It's 150x120 pixels. It's a submission for JordanAction's OC art contest.

user posted image

Edited by kiffren

Nice work! When requests are open, if I may, I'd like to sketch roughly what I'd like :3

I'm going to clear my current request list. I haven't been much up to doing art, so I figure it's not fair to keep you guys waiting who requested. I am going to leave a couple things here for y'all.

I drew a pony for a friend, and then I shaded it. It came out much better than I had expected :

user posted image

Click the link for full size: link.

I also have been writing my own OC's story. I've been getting back into writing more, and I'm now about 1/4 through rewriting my high fantasy novel.

Lightfoot's story

@Rampaging Wyvern: If you sketch something and leave it here, I'll work on it when I get the chance. As I said, I'm probably going to clear my request list. I may be changing how I do requests with 2-3 spots for pixel art and 1 spot for a digital OC or non OC pony drawing. (Would be similar to the one above.) I'd say that I will probably open requests after next week when I'm done with Quantum.

For the time being I am opening up two pixel art requests. Please provide references.

Request Form

Reference: My avatar (Azurachite Dragon)

If no reference, explain: Hatchie(s), pl0x? May or may not be used; need submissions >.< S1 does not have wings or spikes.

Size: 40ish pixels.

Other details: I can provide palette if needed.

Request Form

Reference: My avatar (Azurachite Dragon)

If no reference, explain: Hatchie(s), pl0x? May or may not be used; need submissions >.< S1 does not have wings or spikes.

Size: 40ish pixels.

Other details: I can provide palette if needed.

What sort of pose are you looking for?

Edit:

It reminded me of a greyhound so I spent a few hours staring at pictures of grey hounds running. Finally came up with this. I didn't use the palette on your avatar as it didn't have any color theory and the saturation bothered me. Feel free to change the palette on the hatchling if you want. I'd happily poke at the adult sprite for you to make the colors match the baby, but it's up to you.

I'm not done, but here's what I have so far.

user posted imageuser posted image

Edited by kiffren

OMG, those are AWESOME!!!! Would you mind if I recolored it to match the adult and made a few other small shading edits?

Edited by PieMaster

OMG, those are AWESOME!!!! Would you mind if I recolored it to match the adult and made a few other small shading edits?

I'm not done yet but when I am sure. Do you have a specific pose for the s1 you want? It'd be simple enough to yank the wings off the s2. And what are the shading edits?

user posted image <-- quick hatchie that needs work and is OMG green. A different pose may be better.

Edited by kiffren

Possibly adding a little bit of dithering to the top of the wing (I recolored as a test and a it needed it with the palette).

Maybe a curled up S1?

Edited by PieMaster

As a general rule I don't dither unless I have to, I can try but I'm not very good at getting it to look like it flows. I don't have anything to sketch with so I'll poke at the s1 tomorrow. I'll try to finish touching these up tonight.

I ended up adding blue minerally things to the limbs. Could you add them to the S2? Thanks Kiff <3 Also, the S2's wing lacks the thumb with membrane connecting it to the other fingers.

I'll poke at that and the s1 today. The membrane is there on the s2, it's just hard to see.

user posted image

Edit: Sorry, I didn't manage to get this done today. Hopefully tomorrow. I did get an S1 sketch drawn.

Edited by kiffren

Request Form

Reference: Picture 1 Picture 2

Size: As large as you want. :3

Other details: You can do whatever position you want. If you need a different picture of my lovely kitty, let me know. :3

Forget about this thread? Nope. Get overwhelmed with school work? Yep. v.v hi guys. I'll start doing requests again starting next week.

also butts

Edited by NixAyum