Drachenlied

GotD's Art

Why, hallo hallo. My name is GotD, and this will be my art thread as of today. All of my art can be found here, and I'll be uploading some work of mine to the album shortly. (Please know that most of what is in this album is older, so my artwork HAS improved.)

And now, a bit about me and my art.

I have always drawn traditionally, and, even though I do own a tablet, I have never drawn digitally. I much prefer the way traditional art looks, and the personal aspect it has when gifted to someone. I like to draw all sorts of things, but there are some things that I would rather refrain from drawing. I'm pretty good at copying various styles of different artists, which is good for drawing OCs for RPs, but I find that I lack my own style and that is somewhat frustrating.

Ok. Enough about that. Now, let's get to the part everyone wants to know about.

Requests :

I do do requests. Typically, requests will be done in a simple sketch. They will be black and white, without color. Sometimes, that'll vary. If you want a colorsplash, where only a small part of the piece is colored, then I might be willing to do that, depending on how hard the initial request is. Anything that is requested may be subject to change or refusal. I'm a simple human, not a machine, so there ARE some things that I can't do, or don't feel comfortable doing. Please keep this in mind.

Commissions :

Of course, I do commissions, too. For those of you who don't know what a commission is, a commission is when you want someone to render a service to you (in this case, me drawing you something) and you pay for that service (that payment will be in the form of dragons, of course). Commissions can be more complicated things, unlike requests. The 'cost' of a commission will always vary depending on a commission's simplicty or complexity. The simplest will be a detailed sketch, and the most complex will be a detailed, colored, and shaded image. Like the requests, anything commissioned is subject to change or refusal. Commission prices are listed below, and are discussable.

How to Request/Commission :

So, you want to request/commission me? Great! Let me explain how you can do this. Below, I have provided a form for you to fill out. Please use this form! It makes life easier for me. You can fill it out and post it on this thread, or PM it to me, whichever you prefer. The end product will be given to you in the way you had contacted me, unless you specify otherwise.

Now, if you're requesting, please make sure that the request slots are open before posting your completed form! I can't take requests if I don't have any time to do them. The same thing goes for commissioning. Make sure that the commission slots are open before posting your completed form. When either requesting or commissioning, please keep in mind that your request/commission will be done in numerical order, unless I decide to work on them out of order (which may happen frequently). So, if you're number 3, then you'll get your request/commission after numbers 1 and 2 have received theirs. I will try to keep it like this for fairness, but I get distracted sometimes and work on things out of order to keep my interest in it.

Also, if you're requesting, please be patient. I get requests done whenever I have time and if I'm not working on a commission. I always try to get requests done on the day of or day after they've been requested, however. If it's been about 5 days, feel free to PM about your request, but not before then, please. If you're commissioning... Please allow me ample time to finish a commission. I will work on these at a pace that I know that I can acquire good quality, but efficient use of time. After all, you are paying me to do these, and I'm sure you don't want a bad quality image for whatever you're paying me for.

Request/Commission Form :

[B]Request or Commission?[/B]
[B]Resquesting/Commissioning :[/B]
[B]Description :[/B]
[B]Reference Image(s) :[/B]
[B]Pose :[/B]
[B]Extras :[/B]

-Please use one form per request/commission.

Commission Info :

-I can draw just about anything, but people are somewhat of a challenge to draw simply, because I am used to drawing realism. Please keep this in mind.

-I only use lead and colored pencils. No paints, markers, etc.

-Everything will be uploaded onto PhotoBucket as of right now, but they might later be added to my dA.

-All commission prices must be paid before or upon receiving your art. No exceptions or IOU's.

-Describe, describe, describe! Use references images, too!!! I'm not a mind-reader, so please don't expect me to do it!

-If you're dissatisfied, then I can change the parts that you are unhappy with. If you're commissioning a colored piece of art, then I will send you sketches before I color. Once it is colored, I will be unable to change anything, so make sure you include your exact colors in your reference images! On the other hand, I will only change something so many times before giving up. When I give up, you can either accept it as is, pay more in order for me to continue trying to fix it, or commission another piece, as I will not redo a piece after trying to fix it (however, you may ask me to redo it a total of once before requesting that I fix something). Please note that you will be expected to pay for the commission, no matter what. If you would like to cancel a commission, please PM me ASAP. Depending on what number you are in the commissions slot and how far along I've gotten, you might or might not have to pay in partial.

- If you have ANY questions about commissioning me, don't be afraid to ask! I have access to a computer nearly all the time, so I will be able to respond relatively quickly and answer any questions you have.

-I am now learning how to sprite in my spare time. You may request a sprite, but please note that you will more than likely be turned down at the time, as I've only learned the basics. I am doing simple things right now, like the paper heart set as my avatar. Hopefully I'll be able to do dragons soon. So, please, have patience with me.

Commission Prices :

Detailed B&W Sketch - CB Common Hatchling(s)

Detailed B&W Sketch Shaded -CB Uncommon/BSA Hatchling(s)

Detailed B&W Inked - CB Uncommon/BSA Hatchling(s)

Basic Colored - CB Unbreedable Hatchling(s)

Detailed Colored - CB Trio Egg(s)/Hatchling(s)

Detailed Colored w/ Background - CB Metallic/ND Egg(s)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Request Slots :

2. (closed)

Commission Slots :

Completed Requests/Commissions :

WinterOsprey - Commission : Winter sketch

Zovesta - Commission : Rokurokobi

WinterOsprey - Request : Summer

Shadowwolf6 - Commission : Lune

Kila - Commission : Rah-juh

---------------------------------------------------------------

Alrighty. I believe that's it! Thank you for taking the time to stop and look at my art thread, and request/commission something from me! I will always try my hardest to do my best, but if you see something wrong, then please give me some constructive criticism.

And, remember, whenever requesting/commissioning art from any artist, give credit where credit is due. smile.gif

Edited by god.ofthedead

Request or Commission? Commission!

Resquesting/Commissioning : Detailed B&W Sketch

Description : White male dragon OC, I'd quite like it if you drew him in flight, other than that get creative! smile.gif

Reference Image(s) : http://aureaice.deviantart.com/art/Winter-...rence-290117049 http://aureaice.deviantart.com/art/Winter-290981041

Extras : For payment, I have a CB Harvest egg and a CB Sunstone egg available that I'm happy to influence and hatch for you smile.gif And I know this will sound silly, but could you try to draw a fully body image of him please?

Edited by WinterOsprey

Request or Commission? Commission!

Resquesting/Commissioning : Detailed B&W Sketch

Description : White male dragon OC, I'd quite like it if you drew him in flight, other than that get creative! smile.gif

Reference Image(s) : http://aureaice.deviantart.com/art/Winter-...rence-290117049 http://aureaice.deviantart.com/art/Winter-290981041

Extras : For payment, I have a CB Harvest egg and a CB Sunstone egg available that I'm happy to influence and hatch for you smile.gif And I know this will sound silly, but could you try to draw a fully body image of him please?

Alrighty! I'll get on it ASAP. smile.gif

ETA : And, indeed. I can try to draw a full body. I'd be happy to. :3

Edited by god.ofthedead

Ah, I'd love a commission from you! ^^

Request or Commission? Commission

Resquesting/Commissioning : Detailed B&W sketch.

Description : A rokurokubi. Here's the wikipedia link. In short, a rokurokubi is a traditional Japanese woman with a very long, stretchy neck.

Reference Image(s) : Here's a good ref picture, another reference picture, and one more.

Extras : I can pay you with two CB pebbles, CB mint, and CB storm dragon. ^^; Not much, I know, but I get all of my eggs from the abandoned page to help clear it out. If you don't want any of these, I can try getting something better and coming back!

Please don't worry about making this super-detailed. I know you like doing realistic humans, so do it however makes you comfortable. I would have made this a request, but I wanted to show you my gratitude. ^^ So please just make it like a request, if it makes things easier on you.

Thank you!

Ah, I'd love a commission from you! ^^

Description : A rokurokubi. Here's the wikipedia link. In short, a rokurokubi is a traditional Japanese woman with a very long, stretchy neck.

Reference Image(s) : Here's a good ref picture, another reference picture, and one more.

Extras : I can pay you with two CB pebbles, CB mint, and CB storm dragon. ^^; Not much, I know, but I get all of my eggs from the abandoned page to help clear it out. If you don't want any of these, I can try getting something better and coming back!

Please don't worry about making this super-detailed. I know you like doing realistic humans, so do it however makes you comfortable. I would have made this a request, but I wanted to show you my gratitude. ^^ So please just make it like a request, if it makes things easier on you.

Thank you!

Thanks, Zovesta! I'll add you to the commission list. smile.gif And... you don't have to offer me ALL of those. .__. In any case, I appreciate your appreciation, though. :3

Well, I meant for you to tell me which one(s) you wanted. xd.png

Whoops. Silly me. ^^; If it's alright w/ you, I'll take the storm and mint. o3o

Thank you. :3

WinterOsprey, I seem to be having issues with all the poses I've tried. I don't think they fit your OC, as all the poses are rather overly aggressive, and, judging by the one image you linked for me, your OC does not seem very aggressive. ^^; Would you mind finding a pose for me to use that you think would fit him?

Aggressive is fine! <3 It's good in fact, he's a warrior so it's totally fine! (My reference is a little misleading really...)

Edit

Would you like the eggs influenced or do you just want them ungendered? smile.gif

Edited by WinterOsprey

xd.png Okay. I didn't want to put a quiet or calm OC in a totally uncharacteristic pose.

And, you don't have to influence them. smile.gif I've got both genders on my scroll, and I'm trying to get at least 3 pairs of each dragon, so the gender doesn't matter as of yet. Thank you for offering, though!

Don't mean to double-post, but I've got your commissions done!

WinterOsprey's - http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h464/M.../Art/Winter.jpg

Zovesta's - http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h464/M.../Rokurokobi.jpg

If there's anything you guys see wrong, don't be afraid to tell me. WinterOsprey, I had a hell of a time trying to make that pose work, and it STILL looks like he's sitting to me, so, if you've got any suggestions, I'm open to them. ^^;

Thiis was what I haden't had enough time to do last night....

Description : My OC! A rather skeletal dragon. Her bones are almost on the outside of her body. She has a few long spines sticking out of her back, from the spine. Her spine is fairly wierd, looking like one solid bone, it has gaps between them, that are semi-circular in shape. Her ribs don't start where her chest is, they start up around the neck, and are sharp. The only place she has skin, is on her hind legs, and around her shoulder-blades. Her muscles are hard and they wrap around each other to form a sort of skin around her organs and insides. Her eyes a like glowing lights.

Reference Image(s) : Refrence picture (Really hard to explain, she was based off this xd.png)

Extras : I have a CB sunstone egg, it will be a while before it hatches, but otherwise I'll have to catch something else...

Please and thank yous!

Edit: Oh yeah, then there is the CB harvest hatchi I have xd.png

Edited by Shadowwolf6

Thiis was what I haden't had enough time to do last night....

Description : My OC! A rather skeletal dragon. Her bones are almost on the outside of her body. She has a few long spines sticking out of her back, from the spine. Her spine is fairly wierd, looking like one solid bone, it has gaps between them, that are semi-circular in shape. Her ribs don't start where her chest is, they start up around the neck, and are sharp. The only place she has skin, is on her hind legs, and around her shoulder-blades. Her muscles are hard and they wrap around each other to form a sort of skin around her organs and insides. Her eyes a like glowing lights.

Reference Image(s) : Refrence picture (Really hard to explain, she was based off this xd.png)

Extras : I have a CB sunstone egg, it will be a while before it hatches, but otherwise I'll have to catch something else...

Please and thank yous!

Edit: Oh yeah, then there is the CB harvest hatchi I have xd.png

I'll add you to the commissions list!

Lordy, lordy, though. I'm not quite so sure I can do that. blink.gif But, I'll give it my best try! I think I understand. Ribs that start at the neck, long spikes/spines that run down the length of her spine, half-circle gaps in between spines, and skin on the shoulders and hind legs, yes? I'm not the best with dragon musculature, so I'll probably do something random like the reference picture. Also... Is there a particular pose that you'd prefer, or no? (Must add into form... xd.png)

I'll add you to the commissions list!

Lordy, lordy, though. I'm not quite so sure I can do that.  blink.gif  But, I'll give it my best try! I think I understand. Ribs that start at the neck, long spikes/spines that run down the length of her spine, half-circle gaps in between spines, and skin on the shoulders and hind legs, yes? I'm not the best with dragon musculature, so I'll probably do something random like the reference picture. Also... Is there a particular pose that you'd prefer, or no? (Must add into form... xd.png)

xd.png Yep, you got it just about right xd.png

Pose... Pose.... From what her personality is like, could she be in a sort of curious pose, wanting to check something out, but not to sure wether she should go?

I'll give you the harvest hatchi as payment biggrin.gif

Edited by Shadowwolf6

Alrighty, Shadow. Curious pose it is. And, that'll be just fine. smile.gif

Thank you, Osprey. ^^; I'm glad you like it.

Request or Commission? Going in for a request this time ;P

Resquesting/Commissioning : Whatever you offer for requests o3o

Description : Winter's best buddy Summer! Reference below, the only thing really is that she has a large wing span in the sense the membrane goes a good length down the tail rather than at the hip.

Reference Image(s) : http://aureaice.deviantart.com/art/Summer-...rence-289400309 http://aureaice.deviantart.com/art/Summer-288037461

Pose : Go nuts <3

Extras : If you could full body again that'd be awesome <3

Request or Commission? Going in for a request this time ;P

Resquesting/Commissioning : Whatever you offer for requests o3o

Description : Winter's best buddy Summer! Reference below, the only thing really is that she has a large wing span in the sense the membrane goes a good length down the tail rather than at the hip.

Reference Image(s) : http://aureaice.deviantart.com/art/Summer-...rence-289400309 http://aureaice.deviantart.com/art/Summer-288037461

Pose : Go nuts <3

Extras : If you could full body again that'd be awesome <3

xd.png I'll add you to the request list, nao.

Teehee!! <3 She's so beautiful, and I love that perspective! Thank you thank you so much <3 wub.gif

Sending you the hatchlings now. =D

Request or Commission? : Commission

Requesting/Commissioning : Detailed B&W Sketch Shaded or Detailed B&W Sketch (depending on if you're willing to wait for these two CB Pillows I just caught to hatch).

Description : Rah-juh is dark black. His pelt starts blackest black at his back and along his neck, and gradually fades into a dark sort of charcoal grey down by his belly. There is a line of metallic silver fur between his snow white belly, which begins at the mandible and down to his groin, and his black pelt. His eyes are just as dark as they are in his human form, though sometimes they gleam silver. He has eight incredibly bushy tails, all tipped white.

Reference Image(s) : I don't have any, but I feel like he's fairly simple. An eight-tailed kitsune with a white belly, chest, and muzzle, and a gradient fade from black to charcoal grey (back is black and fades lighter).

Pose : He's a smug little *******, so anything strutting about, cocky, or "I'm better than you" works.

Extras : Uuuuuuuhm nothing o3o

I'm willing to influence and hatch the two CB pillows I caught. If you don't want to wait I have a couple of CB common hatchlings on my scroll (can't give away the guardian, though. I need it for a mate).

Request or Commission? : Commission

Requesting/Commissioning : Detailed B&W Sketch Shaded or Detailed B&W Sketch (depending on if you're willing to wait for these two CB Pillows I just caught to hatch).

Description : Rah-juh is dark black. His pelt starts blackest black at his back and along his neck, and gradually fades into a dark sort of charcoal grey down by his belly. There is a line of metallic silver fur between his snow white belly, which begins at the mandible and down to his groin, and his black pelt. His eyes are just as dark as they are in his human form, though sometimes they gleam silver. He has eight incredibly bushy tails, all tipped white.

Reference Image(s) : I don't have any, but I feel like he's fairly simple. An eight-tailed kitsune with a white belly, chest, and muzzle, and a gradient fade from black to charcoal grey (back is black and fades lighter).

Pose : He's a smug little censorkip.gif***, so anything strutting about, cocky, or "I'm better than you" works.

Extras : Uuuuuuuhm nothing o3o

I'm willing to influence and hatch the two CB pillows I caught. If you don't want to wait I have a couple of CB common hatchlings on my scroll (can't give away the guardian, though. I need it for a mate).

Alrighty. I'll add you to the list. :3

It may be a while before I can start, though. I've got Shadowwolf6's to start, and I'm going to try to get that done today and hopefully start on yours as well as WinterOsprey's. If I can get it done while the eggs still have time to be influence, can you influence just one to be female? The other can gender whatever it prefers. :3

A question, though. What type of kitsune? There's the Okami kitsune, the Naruto kistune, Pokemon kitsune, and just the average, generic kitsune fox with nine tails, in which case I'll just find a fox and draw from life. o3o

@ Zovesta - You're welcome, and thank you!!! I'm glad you like her. smile.gif She was really fun to draw.

I've got Shadowwolf6's to start, and I'm going to try to get that done today

I'm excited now biggrin.gif

xd.png Glad your excited. Here's a progress scan. Am I doing it right? Because I don't know if that's right or not .__.

ETA : Quick request is quick. And messy. lol. I got to jumping around on things, and I just decided to quickly do Summer for you, WinterOsprey. Hope you love her! <3

Edited by god.ofthedead

xd.png Glad your excited. Here's a progress scan. Am I doing it right? Because I don't know if that's right or not .__.

ETA : Quick request is quick. And messy. lol. I got to jumping around on things, and I just decided to quickly do Summer for you, WinterOsprey. Hope you love her! <3

She's cute biggrin.gif