Obscure_Trash

GPXPlus

Well I haven't posted here in a while, got several new shinies though:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Froakie was a random lab grab, Zangoose/Magikarp/Absol were random shelter grabs and I completed my shiny hunt for Pachirisu smile.gif. Froakie/Pachirisu and Zangoose/Magikarp were found on the same day.

Holy biscuits, what's your secret to you shiny luck? ohmy.gifxd.png Congrats! :3

How does a 'Shiny Hunt' work? I mean, I've read about Site Wide Shiny Hunt's...if I remember correctly, they're bi-monthly...but I've seen on some peoples Pokemon where they're were on a Shiny Hunt for 3+ YEARS. Does the system assign you a shiny to 'hunt' or do you get to pick or what?

Normally you choose what you want to hunt for a shiny hunt.

For a site-wide shiny hunt you still choose what to hunt, but you do so from three options that are different for each SWSH. You'll see what I mean next month.

Normally you choose what you want to hunt for a shiny hunt.

For a site-wide shiny hunt you still choose what to hunt, but you do so from three options that are different for each SWSH. You'll see what I mean next month.

I decided to work on a Shiny Eevee...once I complete it (which'll probably be a while), I'll be moving on to Shiny Froakie.

A lot of Shiny's I think are kinda...odd...so I may not do the Site-wide unless I like one of the options.

It might be worth participating no matter what because you get other prizes. You get prize points based on how many eggs you hatch, a prize if you hatch a shiny and more prize points if your affinity hatches the most shinies. There is an option for when the event ends to end your hunt if you don't want to continue hunting it after.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

I am so extremely stupid, i took the eggs for the exploration of arceus and they are now locked in my party sad.gif now i can't go on hatching white red and pink ..... help me please to get them to level 100 for the exploration

Oh dear, that part of the exploration is a terrible place to get stuck at. May I suggest hitting the battle tower to possibly speed things up a bit?

Oh dear, that part of the exploration is a terrible place to get stuck at. May I suggest hitting the battle tower to possibly speed things up a bit?

how can battle tower speed things up? luckely a 3x multiplier so i hope they will grow fast smile.gif

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Edited by Dolphine

It might be worth participating no matter what because you get other prizes. You get prize points based on how many eggs you hatch, a prize if you hatch a shiny and more prize points if your affinity hatches the most shinies. There is an option for when the event ends to end your hunt if you don't want to continue hunting it after.

Hmm...I guess I could try it next month.

Other question: Where do people get those cards (the GPX+ ones)? I've seen several on this uh...board.

how can battle tower speed things up? luckely a 3x multiplier so i hope they will grow fast smile.gif

If you have the Exp All account upgrade the pokemon in your party will gain some experience points from the battles you win in the VS seeker or battle tower.

It's how I level my own party when I get on that one exploration task.

Hmm...I guess I could try it next month.

Other question: Where do people get those cards (the GPX+ ones)? I've seen several on this uh...board.

For the user card, you choose whichever pokemon you have in your party (and I think your PC as well) and from its options, choose "image codes and sharing" - there you'll see the user card and can choose which design you want for it :3

Edited by FluffyPillow

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

I've had ridiculously good shiny luck today.

On a less positive note I don't think I'll be able to get all the February trinkets. Got everything I can get from my affinity, but there's only so much you can do to get the trinkets from other affinities.

For the user card, you choose whichever pokemon you have in your party (and I think your PC as well) and from its options, choose "image codes and sharing" - there you'll see the user card and can choose which design you want for it :3

Okay, thanks!

i got an eevee from safari and venusaur from safari. niceeeee. When i got them they loooked different. Eevve was a red/blue sprite but venusaur a yellow sprite. Why is that? Now that i evolved it to an espion it turned normal.

user posted image

Man, seeing this thread reminded me of how long it's been since I've logged in... over two years, I think?

I gotta say, the gen 6 sprites are really nice. It'll be interesting to discover all that I've missed in my absence.

i got an eevee from safari and venusaur from safari. niceeeee. When i got them they loooked different. Eevve was a red/blue sprite but venusaur a yellow sprite. Why is that? Now that i evolved it to an espion it turned normal.

user posted image

When pokemon are in the safari, they appear normal. If they were hatched with a different sprite, then it will become that sprite when you adopt it. your Espeon turned to the default because it didn't exist for the red/blue sprite.

okay. But why the different sprites? That's what i don't get. My growlithe is from the lab and he has a different sprite. Is that normal? Are they are or common if they have that sprite. I'm dumb help me.

but thanks for the help.

Any Pokemon earlier than Generation 6 (X and Y) have a chance of hatching with a different sprite than the default site sprite. It's perfectly normal and some players prefer to change their Pokemon sprites to be different so they look like they do in certain games. You can change a Pokemon's sprite with the Sprite Changer; Pokemon can bring Sprite Changers up from Underground, or you can buy one in the Shop. If you use a Sprite Changer, you get a choice of which sprite you want your Pokemon to change into.

smile.gif thank you. I didn't see any information about that so that's why i'm asking. Can't wait till i get my first legendary pokemon. I wanna get rayquaza as my first legendary.

Well, February is almost over and I've managed to keep myself in the top 20 of coin collectors, let's see if that's enough.

... which I certainly hope it is, I want a shiny Celebi or Diancie.

i was in top 100 sad.gif

but i locked myself with arceus exploration pokemon sad.gif

now i am 150 ....

I'm at 434 coins at the moment, so I'm might get 18 more coins at the most (or more if I really push it) before the day ends rolleyes.gif Didn't meet my end goal though (wanted a shiny legend voucher like crazy xd.png), but still, at least I'll get something anyways :3

Edited by FluffyPillow