TJ09

2012-04-08 - Third Annual Festival of Eggs

And LOL and the whole TCA/TAE name confusion. I can see how people could get you two confused, but you both are pretty distinct to me. ^^

Yay, I have a personality! 8D

Lol, now I have all sorts of devious plans for Parent-trap sorts of hijinks with TCA. What chaos we shall cause together! MWAHAHAHAHA >:D

SSHHH! Hats are not supposed to talk :|

My hat talks all the time. c:

5 eggs so far. I hope I get all this year because the last two Festival of Eggs I don't get all(just about half of the eggs) sad.gif

hope it is sometime possible to collect the missing eggs later

ok now this year I got all eggs cool.gif

they look all nice, I can't decide which I like best

D:< so am i just something for you guys to put on top of your heads!?

how rude.

...you're not my friend anymore.

What is with the Homestruck stuff? Why has it become popular all of a sudden? And is the zodiac egg based off it too and not just the DC disco ball flashing one?

D:< so am i just something for you guys to put on top of your heads!?

how rude.

Nooo. You're not something that goes on MY head. MY hat is blue. >:c

@Wookie: FIIIINE. See if I care!

Edited by omgitskairi

What is with the Homestruck stuff? Why has it become popular all of a sudden? And is the zodiac egg based off it too and not just the DC disco ball flashing one?

lol, yeah, the zodiac one is a homestuck reference apparently based on the colors of each symbol being representative of a specific character or something along those lines. i myself couldnt get into homestuck.

Are you sure you don't kidnap people and hide them under your extraordinary couches?

Wha? The dragons are doing that!

lol, yeah, the zodiac one is a homestuck reference apparently based on the colors of each symbol being representative of a specific character or something along those lines. i myself couldnt get into homestuck.

Okay what. That's a lot to understand. I tried it...didn't like it.

@Kairi: Please don't be mad. I want to be friends again. Really,really, good friends...but I can't marry you because I'm destined to marry Khallayne since we have a special bond. So...

I like the Nyan Cat egg too. How do you people make the animations? I need to know what program.

\o/ Got 'em all! *dances* Weird, how I got my sister's dead last, when I was waiting and waiting for it. tongue.gif

Are you sure you don't kidnap people and hide them under your extraordinary couches?

I can vouch for the accuracy of this statement. My sister Imbecamiel kidnapped me and put me under her VERY extraordinary couch--until I'd cleaned out all the dust bunnies. *nods* ^^

yes!yes!

42/42

my first festival of eggs and I got'em all

Merp.

Throws a pie in random direction and runs to bed. -.-

Frey pie, maybe?

Okay what. That's a lot to understand. I tried it...didn't like it.

@Kairi: Please don't be mad. I want to be friends again. Really,really, good friends...but I can't marry you because I'm destined to marry Khallayne since we have a special bond. So...

I like the Nyan Cat egg too. How do you people make the animations? I need to know what program.

I wish I had a Nyan Cat egg. :c

And you don't want to marry me?? After all the milkshakes I bought you??

I see how it is. >:c

I hope y'all can forgive me for such a boring egg xd.png!

It was meant as a sort of egg spriting tutorial to show others how I sprite eggs (not necessarily the "right" way, but a way.) It requires a bit of explaination though.

user posted image

1. Take an egg base.

2. Use fill tool (;D get it?)

3. Lay down a basic crescent shaped shadow (keeping a bit of distance between the shadow and outline because the egg isn't perfectly flat and will probably have some backlighting :3!

3 1/2. I play with the shadow a little bit, it looks weird here, but that's what I'm doing. I'm adding another color to the shadow and playing around with the curve and thickness.

4. Add a bright "highlight", this will be nearly white with a tint of whatever color the egg is.

5. You'll see a random darker color change, I only included this so people know it's fine to make mistakes! Feel free to change things up! In my case I felt the egg was too light, so I filled it in with a slightly darker and more saturated shade and liked it better :3!

6. Add shades! Surround the lighter bit with a slightly darker shade, and that shade with a darker shade and so on and so forth. You don't want to just go up and down on the slider to make it darker, you want different saturation, different blends.

7. Smooooth the shades in between eachother, blend them together as much as you can. They do not need to be perfect circles, some of color A can mix in where color B is supposed to be.

8. Now erase the egg and do it all over again for the rest of eternity D:<

Boring egg-splanation (I'm.. so sorry about that joke) over! Best of luck on your attempts to do eggs <3!

Oh, thank gods for the eggsplaination!

I love it and thought it was a grey pudding or something that was solidifying inside a glass form and then being scraped out. blink.gif

Yours sounds much better!

I wish I had a Nyan Cat egg. :c

And you don't want to marry me?? After all the milkshakes I bought you??

I see how it is. >:c

I didn't even eat those milkshakes. They were the wrong flavor. I traded them for some of Earthgirl's famous mud pies. Now that's quality. have you ever had a mud pie that that made out with swallow eggs? I don't think you have.

I didn't even eat those milkshakes. They were the wrong flavor. I traded them for some of Earthgirl's famous mud pies. Now that's quality. have you ever had a mud pie that that made out with swallow eggs? I don't think you have.

Pssh, then you don't know my history with pies very well, do you? Hmmph. You could have TOLD me the milkshakes were the wrong flavour.

Pssh, then you don't know my history with pies very well, do you? Hmmph. You could have TOLD me the milkshakes were the wrong flavour.

Well you know how much I like that volcano egg cleverly crafted by the famous...Verridith, so obviously I wanted some volcano flavored ones.

Well you know how much I like that volcano egg cleverly crafted by the famous...Verridith, so obviously I wanted some volcano flavored ones.

They WERE volcano-flavoured. YOU just weren't paying attention. >:U

i thought you guys were supposed to be special dino friends? D:

cant we all just get along, like the kitten and the fish in my egg do? happily coexisting, even though the kitty secretly wants to eat the fish?

...that might be saying something about the current situation.

ANYWAY