TJ09

2012-04-08 - Third Annual Festival of Eggs

Just read that Thuban's 7-year-old son did the Carrot Egg!

I LOVED that one, (well, OK, I love them all,) but the Carrot Egg made me lol.

i have 16/42

slowly working my way

i still have to work on easter stuff on a different site too

I picked up them all last night : ) user posted image is by far my favorite. Pretty bird!

Looks like the Homestuck egg slowed down too--thank you, it's not hurting my head as much now.

Thank you egg-makers for making such pretty eggs for us to find and enjoy : )

Does it actually take effort to find the eggs?

All I do is refresh every once in a while and I see an egg on the title page.

There is a Shuttle egg!!!! wub.gif I absolutely love that egg! (check out my scroll name and you may get a hint as to why)

All the other eggs are great too. smile.gif Until I saw the shuttle one I couldn't decide which was my favorite because there were so many good ones! (Of course that would be the very last one I pick up.) Thanks to all the spriters and TJ for all the hard work and cool eggs!

Finally found the Spirograph egg. I should probably stop obsessively refreshing now.

Finding the Zodiac egg would be nice too...... but nah, if it happens, it happens.

Spriters, you have all SERIOUSLY outdone yourselves! I adore soooo many of the eggs -- absolutely can't pick a favorite. And I'm only at 32/42, so I still have 10 more beautiful surprises in store! biggrin.gif

I love lots of them for different reasons. Among the ones I'm in love with (in white, in case people don't want to read previews): the color-changing flame-in-the-egg, the season-changing upside-down tree-in-the-egg, the spring green one wrapped in a little garland of flowers, the incinerating black egg (first one I saw -- what a way to kick off the event! I opened up DC and saw an egg going up in flames!), the little cat-on-a-goldfish-bowl, the puzzle egg (!!! I wish I could make an Easter egg like this in real life!), the scaly teal egg, the lightning egg, the blue 'crackle' egg, the charm-on-a-sakura-branch egg, the ducky egg (well, really, the ducky more than the egg itself!), the rich red egg with the peachy highlight, the sprite-in-progress egg, and the nebular blue-green wrapped-by-a-golden-dragon egg. And all of the others are gorgeous as well!!! I just realized, the butterfly-and-flower one has a shadow, too!

I have 18 eggs, but I am loving all of them so far and I have seen the complete set. All the eggs are beautiful, and the carrot egg is very cute considering how old the spriter is. wub.gif I hope I can manage to get them all so I can see them all in the future.

37/42 so far! Every egg is adorable and the egg hunt itself is just lovely. biggrin.gif

I just got my 30th egg. 12 more to go~

I'm still really sad that I wasn't here for the 2010 eggs. I only have two rows, when I could've had three had I been there! Oh well.

Edited by TheDarkLatias

Does it actually take effort to find the eggs?

All I do is refresh every once in a while and I see an egg on the title page.

Nope, that's basically all it takes. =D

WOOHOO I finally got them all! Thank you TJ and spriters for the event and beautiful eggs. I also love the divider it is beautiful

CTRL + to make your entire page bigger. You can right click- view image and make them larger individually or just hit CTRL  + (each time you hit plus the page zooms in closer)

Thanks, Thuban!

I've just noticed that spaceship thingy from Mass Effect has blue flames out the back that come and go!

Now... how do I make it smaller again...? blink.gif nvm, worked it out! biggrin.gif

Edited by Lagie

Wound up getting all of them at last! They're beautiful eggs, thanks to the artists. :3

23/42!

I am sleepy and confused, though - the post was made on the 7th? Or the 8th? And does the egg hunt end tonight or tomorrow night?

Beautiful eggs so far. smile.gif

It ends Tuesday night, Cave time (EST).

Just read that Thuban's 7-year-old son did the Carrot Egg!

I LOVED that one, (well, OK, I love them all,) but the Carrot Egg made me lol.

hes been giggling at the reactions. until i said something not much was being said about it tongue.gif

42/42 eggs and thoroughly impressed by all the art! The animated eggs are just brilliant, and I love them all so much! Thanks for a great Easter smile.gif

Got all the eggs at last. biggrin.gif (woot) Yahoooo!!! Thanks to all the artists for the wonderful work. Hope to see more beautiful eggs next year. *hint* wink.gif

laugh.gif yay! thanks everyone who contributed and of course TJ hope you all had a great weekend. i hope i can get them alll lol i didn't get on yesterday at all. ninja.gif

I hope y'all can forgive me for such a boring egg xd.png!

It was meant as a sort of egg spriting tutorial to show others how I sprite eggs (not necessarily the "right" way, but a way.) It requires a bit of explaination though.

user posted image

1. Take an egg base.

2. Use fill tool (;D get it?)

3. Lay down a basic crescent shaped shadow (keeping a bit of distance between the shadow and outline because the egg isn't perfectly flat and will probably have some backlighting :3!

3 1/2. I play with the shadow a little bit, it looks weird here, but that's what I'm doing. I'm adding another color to the shadow and playing around with the curve and thickness.

4. Add a bright "highlight", this will be nearly white with a tint of whatever color the egg is.

5. You'll see a random darker color change, I only included this so people know it's fine to make mistakes! Feel free to change things up! In my case I felt the egg was too light, so I filled it in with a slightly darker and more saturated shade and liked it better :3!

6. Add shades! Surround the lighter bit with a slightly darker shade, and that shade with a darker shade and so on and so forth. You don't want to just go up and down on the slider to make it darker, you want different saturation, different blends.

7. Smooooth the shades in between eachother, blend them together as much as you can. They do not need to be perfect circles, some of color A can mix in where color B is supposed to be.

8. Now erase the egg and do it all over again for the rest of eternity D:<

Boring egg-splanation (I'm.. so sorry about that joke) over! Best of luck on your attempts to do eggs <3!

Edited by Dis