TJ09

2012-04-08 - Third Annual Festival of Eggs

Ah fair enough, this is my first time being here for easter so i wasn't to sure. Thank you by the way ^^

Edited by JaneDunn

Nice, thank you TJ and the spriters, the easter eggs are looking great! smile.gif

You had the 2010 basket, as well? I thought it was some sort of bug. Hopefully it'll be fixed.

You had the 2010 basket, as well? I thought it was some sort of bug. Hopefully it'll be fixed.

Having a 2010 basket isn't a glitch. All the baskets say 2010 as that was the first year the event was held. The eggs from each year are separated by banners but the same basket is used.

I'm completely obsessed!

I can't wait to get the parrot. It's so cute. :3

I actually just got the parrot smile.gif I love 'em all and have 31 so far.

How do you get nominated to be a sprite artist? I'd love to design some eggs. I actually have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Graphics Design.

In the case of this year's event, I posted a call to our onsite artists to each invite one person. If you could see the thread or were personally invited by someone who did, you were allowed to submit an egg for the event as long as they met certain guidelines.

One actually exceeds one of the limits, but I allowed it because I feared altering it to shave off that tiny bit of excess would ruin it.

A degree doesn't really afford much of an advantage when it comes to pixel art, I know many graphic designers myself who constantly complain that they can't pixel worth beans, while their nonpixel work is absolutely amazing. It really depends what you're good at and how long you can stand staring at zoomed in pixels without going crosseyed or forgetting what part you're looking at.

Just got my 3rd one xd.png So far behind to most people...Not to fussed though glad i came online to at least get the trophy :3

Heh, I actually like my 2010 basket, since I was actually here for the original Easter Egg hunt - though only just.

Got my 11th & 12th eggs - should be more, but I keep getting distracted & going off to do other things during my 12 minute wait. tongue.gif

I really like that green one w/gold patterning on the gold stand. Just my favorite shade of green, and very elegant, somehow - imperial, is the word that springs to mind.

Now that flashing rainbow one - the symbols in the middle change too fast for me to see what they all are!!! I can see a spiral, a heart, a sun . . . then I lose it & get totally lost & confused! wacko.gif

not again... dry.gif

Oh my gosh! ohmy.gif I didn't realise you were being forced at gunpoint to participate! WHEN WILL THE CRUELTY END?! ;____;

Ahem... With that out of my system - HOORAY! biggrin.gif I love the astounding variety of designs we get to see with these events! GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!

Number 32! I'm gonna kick myself for staying up all night for this, but I'm gonna be sad once it's over too...

I've got another egg, but I'm not sure what I'm looking at. It looks like it is hanging off something. A cherry tree branch maybe?

EPICNESS! I'll have to do most of my hunting tomorrow and the next day; THANK YOU, TJ, for making it a three-day event. biggrin.gif

So. Awesome. *Dances madly*

Love the one that has purple scales fall off and turns gold and black and lights on fire biggrin.gif