akiraa

Spirit Animal

Akira sighed with relief as Bear Claw took the new kid towards the pond. Then another boy came through. She sighed and thought 'Well today is a busy day isn't it...' She quickly ordered the kids back even further and to stay away in their native tongue then, since she was the next oldest and Bear Claw was busy, she quickly stepped in to intercept the teen. She smiled the best she could in this situation. She knew that it wasn't for sure yet whether he was dangerous to the clan or not, even if he wasn't accepted, but her protectiveness of the clan won over even the rational thoughts. She also noted though that he looked familiar. She believed he went to her school, but she hadn't gotten to knowing him very well yet, though she did attempt to be friends. She doubted he'd recognize her right now though, since she was a different color then she was in the main realm, unless he paid real attention to details such as eye color, hair color, and body shape/mass. She quickly said to Bear Claw, who was looking over at them, in their native language "I got him. You help the other guy." He nodded.

Akira smiled then said "Hello, potential brother." She took a deep breath then formulated the speech a bit different then Bear Claw, she didn't really try to memorize the whole thing. She quickly went on and said "I know you must be confused. So I'll go on to a bit more of an explanation then if Bear Claw" she pointed to Bear Claw "Were to come and speak to you like usual. I went through the same thing a few months ago, and know I was scared and confused till after I was accepted, and I got a full explanation. I want to make this a bit easier for you. This is a different realm from the main realm, the one where you just came from, but it is very close to it. By you getting here it proves that you are at least 1/4 Native American with shaman blood. Everyone you see around you are from our tribe, The Pohakanten Tribe, or translated 'The Shaman Tribe'. We all have special powers here, since we have powers flowing even stronger through us then our Shaman ancestors. There are some powers that are the same for everyone, and one that will be revealed to you if you are accepted that is different from the others. Getting accepted means your spirit animal chooses you and accepts you. The reason why everyone is afraid and avoiding you is because if you are not accepted you can pose a danger to us. Anyways some of the powers we all have are minor healing abilities, telekinesis, dream walking, and some others you'll find out later." Akira took another deep breath then said "Any questions so far?"

Ethan turned towards the new girl who had spoken up. There was something vaguely familiar about her; maybe they went to the same highschool? The student body was pretty big and he wasn't good at remembering faces unless he was really paying attention, which hadn't been the case since he'd transfered there a couple of months back.

He blinked in confusion as he listened to her speech. Different realms? Shamans? Special powers? Spirit animals? What the heck? Had he wandered into one of those LARP things? "Yeah, uh, I think you've got the wrong guy," Ethan said with a nervous laugh. "I think I've got a little bit of Native American blood, but I've never heard of your tribe before. And I've never had any superpowers either. Look, if I'm freaking everyone out, can you just tell me how to get back to 43rd Ave and I'll get gone?"

Akira groaned. She now saw why Bear Claw didn't give anyone a real chance to speak. Akira, forgetting she was acting like she hadn't met him before and trying not to let him know he knew her unless he was accepted, quickly said "Dang it Ethan! Just listen! This isn't a joke!" She quickly covered her mouth then sighed and said "This is true. And if you ARE accepted you'll have a HUGE family, since everyone here acts like family in a way. We are split into tribes and all but still. Look I'll have Bear Claw explain the rest if you accepted! Just get over to that pond and look into it! If it seems you won't be accepted then you can go and I'll just see you at school!" Akira then got behind him and started pushing him towards the other side of the clear pond, so as to not disturb the other guy.

Ethan raised an eyebrow. Okay, the girl knew his name so they must have met before... His expression soured as soon as he heard her mention the word "family". "Hey," he protested as he was pushed towards the pond, "I've spent the last thirteen or so years trying to get away from every Stepfordian nightmare the state has tried to throw me into. "Family" is the last thing I want right now."

By now, Ethan had been nudged over to the very edge of the pond, with his toes just millimeters away from the water. He looked down at his reflection in the motionless water, then barely stopped himself from jumping back when the surface rippled violently. His reflection faded as the water grew still again, and was replaced with the image of a furry brown creature. The wolverine seemed to glare at him with what Ethan imagined was disdain in his eyes before he heard a voice.

"You have been accepted, young one. You are now a part of the tribe. You shall have a new name here, your true name. Claw of Wolverine. You shall also reside in the Wolverine clan."

With a soft sneer, the wolverine disappeared and the water returned to normal. Ethan turned back to the girl and silently mouthed, "What the hell just happened?"

Edited by Satirical

Akira smiled and said "Welcome to the tribe! And don't worry, this isn't like a foster family. You have complete freedom and get your own FREE house. Since Bear Claw is still busy, I'll take you to the tattooer, don't worry though, his special gift makes it so that he absolutely numbs all pain, you won't feel a thing, and the tattoo won't hurt afterwards either since one of the main healers lives with the tattooist and will heal it afterwards. I'll explain things by myself on the way, I don't know what's taking Bear Claw so long. Anyways here you can call me Daa'wa Pia'isa, Wolf Fang, I'm in the Wolf clan." Akira showed him the tattoo on the back of her neck. She then said "Ah, but you would know me as Akira Inoue from school. I've been TRYING to make friends with you but you have just seemed to busy."

Akira shrugged then said "Anyways, after your done at the Tattooists, I'll take you to Wolverine tribe, and we'll find you a house there. There is electricity, internet, and it is furnished. You can still have your house in the main realm as well if you want, but the benefits of here is that there is no rent or anything. But then of course if you make friends with people outside of the tribe, you can't take them to your house since we try to keep those NOT in the tribe out since they usually cause trouble." Akira shrugged then said "Anyways, I'll help you out around here since I do kinda know you. You'll probably miss school for a few weeks, but the elders are REALLY good at making excuse notes. You also have a job right? They can help you not get fired as well. But you'll need to settle in here, learn about your powers, and you MIGHT want to get a weapon, and maybe try to find a familiar. It'll help around here." Akira smiled more then said "I'll explain about familiar's and everything on the way there, you coming on your own, or do I need to drag you? Believe me you'll find it a lot easier and fun living here. Especially since you can miss all the school you want, as long as your helping in the tribe somehow, and the Elders will excuse you. Of course you might not WANT to miss to much school. But I'll take the weeks off with you right now since you can use all the help you can get settling in."

Ethan could only nod mutely after being hit by Akira's tidal wave of exposition. "Sorry, I've been kind of distracted and I'm not that great at making friends," he muttered when he finally found his voice. Considering he'd never felt like a natural part of any kind of group, Ethan still felt apprehensive about the whole ordeal. Was that it? That was all it took for these people to accept him?

"Ok, hold on a second. What's the catch?" he demanded. "You barely even know me, and you're already offering me a house and opportunities to skip school without consequences. There has to be something that you aren't telling me."

A little voice in the back of his head was screaming at him to stop protesting. This could be a great opportunity, it said. If you don't have to worry about paying rent, you'll have more time to focus on school, maybe even save up for college. Besides, you might actually get some crazy powers and these people will be the only ones who can help. They seem pretty nice...

But the more cautious side of him prevailed. This whole thing was too good to be true.

Akira thought and said "Well the only thing that we expect of the whole village, to do all together, is protect it, and the forest. And that's where are powers come in. This place is beautiful and great, but is wrought with dangers. That's why owning a weapon is a very good thing." Akira shrugged then added "But the whole village helps with it. Now what you spirit animal wants in return for helping you is up to him. Usually it goes along with protecting the forest and village, and the occasional offering of food." Akira shrugged then smiled and said "And of course we all accept you now. We only feared you when we didn't know if you'd be accepted since some that are not accepted come back for revenge, usually in groups." Akira shrugged and added "Oh yeah, I'd learn to put up mental blocks if I were you. Everyone can read minds around here. If you don't have a mental block up your mind is free range. We can't help but hear your automatic thoughts at front. Don't worry I'm not digging, but I couldn't help but here your worries." Akira smiled more than said "Anyways, let's get you to the tattooer... and if you want to see an example of a familiar after explanation of what it is, we can swing by my house and I'll show you mine. I'll then take you to your clan, where you should get settled in."

((Sorry, I've been busy with schoolwork.))

Hah! I knew there was a catch! "What kind of dangers are we talking about?" Ethan asked. "Like wild animals, or something worse?" He had noticed the bow and quiver on her back earlier, but just assumed that they were for decoration. Maybe the tribe provided weapons training as well? He'd have to ask about that later.

"So, how exactly do I talk to my spirit animal?" From his curt dismissal, Ethan got the impression that the wolverine had only begrudgingly accepted him into his clan. As with every other authority figure in his life, Ethan had a feeling that he would have to work his butt off not to disappoint him right off the bat. Did wolverines eat pizza?

Ethan stopped in his tracks once Akira brought up the subject of telepathy. "Er, before we go look at tattoos, can you teach me how to 'put up mental blocks'?" he asked. It didn't take a mind-reader to see that the idea everyone around him could listen in on his thoughts.

Edited by Satirical

Akira smiled and said "It's simple, just imagine walls over your mind. Also there isn't 'picking out' the tattoo, it's the same for your whole clan (check front page for what the clan tattoo's look like). Also there are regular animals and then there are more mythic ones, such as dragons, and griffon's. But luckily those are rare. And yes there is weapons training." Akira laughed then said "Now then, let's get you tattooed."

"That's all?" Ethan had been building mental armored fortresses around himself for years, keeping everyone at arms length, but there was always someone who managed to find a weak spot in his defenses. That was probably something else he would have to work on.

"Wait, dragons? What kind of weapons do you use to fight those off with?" He eyed Akira's bow again. To him, it looked capable of killing birds or something, but a legit fire-breathing dragon? He hoped that this tribe had RPGs or submachine guns or something.

"So, I can't choose which tattoo I'm getting, but can they at least put it somewhere that can't be easily seen so my boss won't yell at me when I go back to work?" Ethan asked as they started walking towards the tattooist's place. "Also, how many other people are in my clan?"

Akira shrugged and said "Sorry, neck is the only spot that he does it at, though you MIGHT be able to find someone who can put a spell around it to hide it in the main realm. Also, in the chance a dragon does attack, there are magic imbued arrows and weapons at the blacksmiths, or he can get his wife to put a temporary one on weapons you already own. And the wolverine clan has quite a few, but admittedly not as many as in most clans. By what I hear Wolverine isn't very big on letting people in. Most people barely make it in. But I have also heard it is easy to get on his good side, just offer him a full elk once a week and he'll be all sorts of happy with you." This time Akira had no clue what had ran through his head not long ago, but was just giving off info she had heard about the clan. Akira smiled then and said "Any more questions? If not I really want to get you tattooed so you can meet Kye Kye and I can explain what a familiar is, and does."

Nate asked, "Where am I?" His head hurt and he had to do his homework and his parents expected him to be home for a grown-up party... "Why am I here?" he asked.

Bear Claw sighed and said "You are here because you have Shaman blood in your veins, from a past relative. You are at least 1/4 Indian. Did you zone out through my whole speech? (check first post, he recently gave the whole speech there to him, though of course supplementing any gender things xd.png) please don't tell me I have to go through it again..." Bear Claw sighed. He was the oldest so he HAD to do this, but that didn't mean he specifically enjoyed it.

((oh yeah, forgot))

Nate grinned sheepishly. "A bit," he admitted. "But I meant, why now? My family and friends will be worried." He shifted his backpack impatiently. "Will I get to go home?"

Bear Claw smiled and said "If your not accepted, automatically, if you are then you can go home, but after your settled in. Don't worry, your family will be notified that you are on 'school business' that was required, and that you'd be back in a few days."

((Should I just call her Ashamun for now? Cause she doesn't have a Shaman name right now? Or can I make one up?))

Ashamun raised a hand to her forehead and placed a hand on her hip. The one time she needed to talk to Bear Claw, she wasn't around.

"Bear Claw!? Where are you?!

((Sorry for shortness. I'm unsure of how to start.))

(Ashamun is fine for rping, but when in tribe everyone will just call her by Hawk of Eye, since the translator's down xd.png)

Akira was walking by when she heard Ashamun. She quickly yelled "Hey! Hawk of Eye! Bear Claw's busy with a potential. Speaking of which, I'm busy with a new member." Akira laughed then said "This is Ethan, he'll be new to Wolverine Clan." She pointed to the boy beside her. She then sighed and said "The potential Bear Claw is with seems to be a bit difficult. Either than or inattentive."

Ashamun rolled her eyes and headed over to Akira.

"Another one? Well alright. Nice to meet you Ethan. I'm Hawk of Eye of the Hawk Clan with a Hawk Tattoo. Don't call me Hawk or I'll hit you." She smiled friendlily and put her fists on her hips.

"Do I need to have a word with the newbie?" She asked, looking Akira in the eyes, her intent clear.

Akira laughed and said "No no no, I'm sure Bear Claw can handle it himself. You know how bear clan can be when their annoyed. Luckily hes more patient then most of them." Suddenly Kye Kye came bouding over to Akira. Akira sighed and said "Kye Kye, I told you to be patient!" Kye Kye replied (Only Akira can hear this. Familiars can talk telepathically with their 'master') "I was bored! I finished my bone!" Akira groaned and said "Again? Already?" Kye Kye bounced side to side and said "Yep, Yep! Can I have another!?" Akira groaned and said "Not unless you can find one yourself! I'm not buying another!" Kye Kye whined and said "Ah... Come on..."

Ash laughed lightheartedly and watched the two interact.

"I've got no clue what you guys are talking about, but it sure as hell looks fun!" She smiled and looked up just as her own familiar, a rare white hawk, Osanjin, landed on her face.

"San... Face... Get... off..." She swatted at the bird and he gave an annoyed caw type noise.

Aw, you're no fun. Who would want to see your face anyway?

Ashamun blushed with anger and she held out her arm, which he quickly moved to.

"People so DO! My face is beautiful..."

Osanjin seemed to roll his eyes and he began picking under his wing.

Yeah... of course they do...

"Stupid bird." She flicked him on the neck and he stuck his head out indignantly.

Akira groaned then said "Not very fun.. Kye Kye finished her bone and wants me to get her a new one. I told her she can only have a new one if she gets it herself!" Kye Kye whined again then said "Come one Akira! Bone bone bone bone!!! PLEASE!" Akira groaned and said "NO! I buy enough of those things! I'm serious, if you wan't one go get your own." Kye Kye said "Fine..." to Akira before she laid down on the ground and looked at Ashamun and whined, asking for help. Akira looked at Kye Kye and said "She won't help you!" Kye Kye kept looking at Ashamun though, whining. She soon rolled on her belly and gave puppy dog eyes at her.

Edited by akiraa

Ashamun looked down at the creature with eyes that said, 'AWWWW'. She bent down to pet him, but Osanjin jumped forward and landed on the stomach of Kye Kye.

Nuh uh. She'smymaster