CYDA LUVA83

Ancient Beginnings OOC

Thankies! Should I go ahead and have my characters have taken slightly longer to bust out, and introduce them coming in behind everyone else?

Cruzora, Nixon, Copper and Galant are making there way out of the shard-room right now Carn. You could have your chars meet up wink.gif

Sounds good to me! 8D -cracks knuckles and starts on finishing touches-

By the way, I have a question: Packgoater and Kokay, what general area and under what general circumstances do you want our characters to meet up in the town? My human character lives in his brother's blacksmith shop, so that's one place they could meet up.

Whoo, first post posted! It's a bit lengthy and weird, but I'm satisfied with it.

Edited by Carnivorous M.

Yaaay, thanks! My other posts are probably gonna look really crappy beside it, but oh well. -evil laughter-

SO. Shall we start throwing out random plots and characters and arcs from NB that never got wrapped up or might possibly crop back up? I've got a whole crapload of them, but those were just the ones my characters were involved in and I barely know half of the crazy stuff that went on. xd.png

Suggestion for an event to do a good long ways into the future: Midsummer's Eve, the rematch? 8D

Hoooollyyy shiz, Midsummer's Eve. >=D

Fusion finally reuinites with Arget when he and the rest of the evil critters come and ATTTACCCKKKKK!

If Chem were still here, I'd wrap up that Mirissa and Epoch storyline we had goin'. Mirissa never hatched that egg. ~_~

Paricurse returns as adult? I know it'd make Fuse happeh.

-ominous thunderclap and moar evil laughter-

Yus! He's the leader of his own coven now, but he's had major guilt over his cowardice in the last battle with the demons; when the new Groundsers show up, he's gonna freak out. xd.png

Let's see... there was the What The Hell Happened to Grayswit arc, the Elemental Realms arc, which the Makrida-Being arc and the Grayswit arc tie into, there was the Trinity arc, there was the Szabaru arc, there was Hantomei's Gay Moonpowers arc, there was the Dragon Fighting Ring arc...

And then there are a crapload of new arcs for the new generation, among them the Vampire Coven arc and the Hellcat the Dimension-Traveler arc. That's what I got so far.

Edited by Carnivorous M.

Hellcat can cheer everyone up by riding by on a unicycle singing pony songs...

That's all I got.

Oooh Carn... the small little "rescue" team is searching for your characters in the Amber Room like I said could happen and you didn't object to wink.gif

Aaaaaaaaaand I'm calling it a night.

I got college tomorrow, 6AM to 3PM so don't s'pect me on before 6PM local time. Good night everyone.

Yay, thanks, DH! They shall meet up this upcoming post. ^^

Lemme see... maybe the dragon arena pulled itself back together after the mass breakout in NB, and over the years it's slowly become a huge underground city of beggars and lowlifes, with an economy that's developed almost entirely around breeding/fighting/supplying wealthy people with dragons? Moreso than the other human establishments so far, that is.

Also, four of Makrida's children decided to study the wonders of steampunk technology and were more or less banished from the Grounds a long time ago as a result, what with technology now being associated with humans and therefore 'bad.' Perhaps we could have an arc based around the dragons who went with them and started a colony of dragons who utilize steampunk?

Hellcat can cheer everyone up by riding by on a unicycle singing pony songs...

That's all I got.

This. This is going to happen, no matter what.

Awwww.... okay, Ælex. Seeya latah playah hatah!

In other news, I'm composing a piano theme for NB. Hopefully it'll be decent; so far I've only got the beginning, but I'm working on it and I'll try to record and upload it when it's done.

Edited by Carnivorous M.

Dude, that's freaking awesome! 8D

The New Beginnings Orchestra, that's us. We need to team up on various NB songs, Postal Service-style. X3

Anyone else play an instrument and want to help with the musicky NB love?

Note: how intact are the ruins other than the library? Are they all unexplorable rubble, or are there just walls knocked down and traps and stuff like that? If it's not explorable, where would be a good place to have Graysnoon be trapped?

Edited by Carnivorous M.

I think of it like the Parthenon. Crumbling walls, unstable floors. A few intact rooms that feel like they're filled with spirits.

I could play the flute with sheet music and the irish whistle which i'm currently learning. If you need voices i'm good at singing in the backround and maybe lead if I sing soft and deep enough.

Let's see...

I play the piano, the clarinet, people tell me I can sing real well, the recorder and I'm learning the ocarina (like from Zelda) plus I can read sheet music super well since that's been happening since I was 4 or so. I also can play by ear (which is playing a song, catchy tune or note usually just by listening to it once) on any of my instruments.

And Krissi, I quoted my last post for you.

I HAS OCARINA TOO, WE ARE BOTH LINK *High five* YEAH (randomness: On)

*returns high five* Yay xd.png link fan!

And heads-up to everyone: school's starting tomorrow so I'll likely only be on posting on the weekends or at least scarcely on the weekdays.

Oh lawd, I'm jealous; sheet music is the bane of my existence. My mom's been trying to teach me how to read notes properly for most of my life, but I've only recently started to advance past being practically note-illiterate. xd.png So it's definitely a major plus to have good sight-readers on the team!

Yay, the orchestra grows! This is gonna be totally awesome! 8D

Let's see... I've been working on the main theme, so far; it's supposed to be more or less the NB equivalent of the main theme from Final Fantasy. What are some other themes that we might work on? I'm thinking we might have a 'human city/humans in general' theme, a 'dragon' theme that's a variation on the main theme, a 'ruins' theme, a 'battle' theme or two...

Also, HELL YEAH LINK -turns high-five into high-fifteen-

Edited by Carnivorous M.

...I'm a 20 year old college student, and what is this?

Heh, at any rate, good luck with the theme and censorkip.gif.

I'll be playing roulette to pick which subplot to implement at which point.

Cuz right now I have about... exactly 44 subplots, but taking into account that some are tied in with one another... 30ish to chose from.

...I miss my guitar. sad.gif

AUGH GOOD LORD WHY DID I LEAVE THIS ALONE FOR A WEEK I'M REALLY SORRY. I wasn't even grounded or particularly busy or anything, I've just been on a Deadpool and BIONICLE binge and I forgot pretty much everything else. DEADPOOL MOVIIIIIEEEEE

Yaaaaaay subplots! I love them SO FREAKING MUCH, which is one of the reasons I love RPing so much because there's all this stuff that could happen and not even the people writing it know all of what's going to happen. /)^3^(\

Lemme see, lemme see... if anyone has any subplots planned that have to do with mah characters and shtuff, and you wants it to stay a surprise for everyone else, PM meh!

On the main thread, we can try working out a timeline of large subplots that would include everyone-- or at least would be likely to-- like the Dragon Arena, Midsummer's Eve Round II, the Elemental Realms, particularly large human attacks, etc.; that way we can use it as a reference point for the best times to launch other subplots.

For instance, one of the main-main subplots I have in mind, the Elemental Realms plotline, has a prerequisite plotline that I won't spoil y'all on yet; and the prerequisite plotline would most likely be set off by a major event like Midsummer's Eve. Now that we know that, I and anyone else involved in the Elemental plotline can get to work setting up the characters and scenarios and stuff so that the story flows into the Elemental plot, instead of just popping up out of nowhere and having to have all the necessary character development and setup retconned into being.

So, in my head, the framework looks kind of like this:

Introduction

Grublin and Dvaros go exploring in a passage in the Library; Dvaros has an unfortunate encounter, which introduces zombies into the equation. Garinka makes contact with Grublin, but they are forced to flee the catacombs before they can locate the trapped dragons. (Lydia is introduced; so are Doom, Keisha, Fusion, Garinka, Vayli, Greilac, Spyro, and Roran.) The zombie follows them and tries to kill Dvaros in his sleep, and they are saved by Farengar. (Farengar is introduced, as well as Akula and Fiyara.)

Airship Raid

The next day, they go back into the catacombs and start to free the trapped dragons, only to be interrupted by a human attack. (James and Ellen are introduced on the human side; Cruzora, Copper, Galant, Varaug, Ashur, Makrida, Vhirn, and Evanin are introduced on the dragon's side.) Some of the freed dragons hide, while others join forces with the New Grounds inhabitants and manage to give the dragons a rarity: victory without casualties.

When the Hell Are We?

Now the dragons who escaped are getting themselves sorted out and being rightly confused over their situation, while others are still in the process of breaking out of the amber. The inhabitants are also returning to the Grounds now that the danger has passed for the time being, and they've picked up a strange fellow; a few dragons go back into the ruins to help the rest of the amberfied dragons, and one who isn't amberfied but still trapped. (Graysnoon, Peraia, Mercienth, and Alonzo are introduced.)

The Arena City

At some point in the future, the characters find that the Dragon Arena they thought they had destroyed has rebuilt itself, and is now a more-or-less functioning city in its own right. And, worse still, the city's reach has been expanding, and it's kidnapped several of the Grounds-dwellers. Dragons fight, stuff happens; not sure how it ends.

Gearscale Canyon

At some point after that, or possibly before it, news reaches the Grounds of a city of dragons who utilize steam technology instead of reviling it as a human convention. A scouting party heads out to see whether the inhabitants of Gearscale Canyon are a potential threat, and they find that the founders are four familiar dragons who were exiled from the Grounds long ago...

Midsummer's Eve

At some point after all that stuff happens, Midsummer's Eve rolls around again, and the dragons find themselves preparing to fight once more against the evil that defeated them twice already. What will happen, who will die? No one knows...

A Spoilery Plotline

Not gonna spoil you guys on this one, sorry. I mean, it's not like it'll be a massive pantswettingly awesome reveal or anything, but I'd still like to be able to build up suspense. Either way, it happens as a result of Midsummer's Eve, several characters make their (hopefully awesome) reappearance, and more crap happens.

Elementary, Dear Alitar

The events of Midsummer's Eve and the Spoilery Plotline have drawn the attention of the Elemental Realms, the government-like organization of powerful Elemental creatures and their servants who keep the forces of Nature running in order. Or, at least, that's what they're supposed to do. Someone-- or several someones-- has been intentionally sabotaging the workings of the Realms from the inside out, working to take over and gain incredible power for themselves; it's up to the Grounds-dwellers and an underground organization fighting for truth and balance for the world. The latter is led by one Elemental familiar to a few of the Grounds-dwellers, while another familiar figure watches from the sidelines and decides his loyalties.

Ascension

Waaaaaaaay way off in the future, and subject of the below miniature wall of text.

If that made any sense at all... xd.png

I have a question: it's not going to happen for a looooong time, god willing, but what are some ideas for how AB will end? It'd be cool if we had something in mind, so that if and when we make another sequel it'll be easier to organize. Me, I'm thinking something along the lines of 'demons come back in full force, bringing their bosses with them, some characters choose to seal the demons away and seal themselves (again, depending on the characters) in the process, but instead they get ascended into mega-powerful summon creatures who make it their job to defend the earth,' or something. And then the sequel would be another timeskip to hundreds of years in the future, and each of the ascended characters has their own group of battle-trained followers who worship them as gods.

Or something. Anyway, just throwing out random ideas and plotting way too far ahead. Idears?

('Nother question: on the chat, it keeps saying 'Connection Problem' every time I try to load it, even though my internet connection is just fine. Any idea how to fix that?)

Edited by Carnivorous M.

Wow, that's... quite detailed. To be honest, I haven't put half as much thought into the plot. Kudos, Carni. Kinda glad someone's doing this xd.png