Hawktalon

Twins and other multiples

While I have nothing against Fred and George, I think there should be more books with twins who are just like normal siblings, not striving to be complete opposites or exactly alike to the point of speaking in unison.

Agreeeeeeeeeeeeed. This has bothered me so much. Dx

~

In early elementary school one of my best friends was a fraternal twin (girl and boy). Then I moved. 3=

Then I had identical twins in my girl scout troop. It's funny how different they look to me but then other people who don't know them can't tell them apart. Always interesting. x3

I also had another pretty good friend in high school who was an identical twin.

My dad has identical twin brothers, too, but I only met them when I was young-young.

I'm the oldest of triplets. ^-^- Though I don't look a whole lot like my sisters. The other two look much alike. Though one dyed her hair black and is a goth where the other one is more sophisticated and girly. But it ends there.

I'm a quadruplet; I have three other siblings that were born with me. We're split evenly, two boys and me and my sister are girls. We don't look alike, and often when people learn we're quads it surprises them. We're very different in personality, but we all get along greatly and have very similar humor.

My sister Allie is the smartest of the bunch (and most cynical), though we all are seemingly above par when it comes to intelligence. She's sort of prim, I'd have to say. My brother Brogan is most flamboyant and outspoken, quick to anger, too. My other brother, Hayden, is known for being aloof and standoffish but he's also very funny. I am, well, I guess I'm thought of as quiet and passive.

I fear we all might be a little messed up in the head, sometimes, but we manage. It's a nice life to have them to lean on, but sharing is heck. Up until last year we all shared one cell phone, ugh.

I look forward to when we're all older and can hang out then.

There are many twins and even a set of triplets in my grade. There are two pair of identical twins and at least 3 fraternal pairs of twins. One set of the fraternal twins was born on valentines. One twin is a girl and one is a boy. I also have twin cousins who are identical. Their English names are similar too, so I can't tell who is Ashley and who is Amy. Apparently I was able to tell them apart when I was younger.

Edited by Kat

This one time I saw identical twin middle aged women. Same exact face. Except... one was a dwarf!

my mom's a twin, because of the weird way my mom's side of the family seems to work is since my mom is a twin I will be able to have twins. in our family twins skip a generation and since my mom didn't have twins me and my cousin (my mom's twin sister's daughter) will be possibly having twins

When one of my uncles was born, the doctor said to my grandma: "hold on, there's another one" and at first she thought he was joking, but no. xd.png Afterwards she laughed about it but at the time it must have been a shock.

The two uncles do look similar, but no more so than my aunts who are not twins. They also live completely different lives.

The best is the Jim twins:

Jim Lewis and Jim Springer first met February 9, 1979 after 39 years of being separated.  They were the rarest of twins, and most prized by researchers:  identical twins who had been separated at birth, were raised in different families, and had grown to adulthood completely unaware of each other's existence.  When Jim Lewis finally found his twin brother, Jim Springer, after years of searching through court records, he knew their unwed mother had put them up for adoption shortly after giving birth. 

When the two first met, Lewis described it as "like looking into a mirror."  For starters, both had the same first name.  They were physically identical.  But when they got talking, the similarities were astounding.  Both had childhood dogs named Toy.  Both had been nail biters and fretful sleepers.  Both had migraines.  Both had married first wives names Linda, second wives named Betty.  Lewis named his first son James Allen, Springer named his James Alan.  For years, they both had taken holidays on the same Florida beach.  They both drank Miller Lite, smoked Salem cigarettes, loved stock car racing, disliked baseball, left regular love notes to their wives, made doll furniture in their basements, and had added circular white benches around the trees in their backyards.  Their IQs, habits, facial expressions, brain waves, heartbeats, and handwriting were nearly identical.  The Jim twins lived apart but died on the same day, from the same illness.

Amazing, right?

I can never tell identicals apart... Even the ones I've known for years, I either have to avoid names or pick out something and hope they don't change. Luckily, with the twins I talk to regularly, one of them has a mole on her nose x3

Lord only knows what I'd have done if my sisters were identical, I'm glad they're just regular run-of-the-mill twins tongue.gif

my mom's a twin, because of the weird way my mom's side of the family seems to work is since my mom is a twin I will be able to have twins. in our family twins skip a generation and since my mom didn't have twins me and my cousin (my mom's twin sister's daughter) will be possibly having twins

that isn't weird, it's how twins usually work when they're genetic tongue.gif

Edited by dracocharky

Twins do run in our family.... I myself am not a twin!! thank goodness. I don't think that anyone could handle 2 of me!!!

Edited by Rachel72

Well, I know two twins who look alike. When they where still at school, I couldn't andersund to who I was talking. When they went at university one of them grew beard and changed his style so you could easily tell who is who. They are completely different persons, the one is in dentical university and the other is at philosophical.

My younger brothers are fraternal twins. There are people who have known them for quite a while and didn't realize they were twins. Though I don't blame them, I probably wouldn't have known that twins could be so different if I didn't have fraternal brothers.

My brothers couldn't be any more different either, they have completely opposite personalities in almost every way.

I used to work in a supermarket with two girls who were identical. They used to put them on the same shift, on two side by side registers. Some of the customers reactions were so funny, it was brilliant.

I'm not a twin but have a set of boy/girl twins. Several of my dear friends are also MoMs (moms of multiples). Growing up, I graduated high school with six sets of twins, and knew several others. My cousin also has a set of b/g twins. I have a good friend who had mono/di boys at 32 weeks last week. Another dear friend had a set of quads that were two sets of mono/di babies.

This one time I saw identical twin middle aged women. Same exact face. Except... one was a dwarf!

Genetically, it's impossible for an identical twin to be a dwarf, while the other isn't. Dwarfism is linked to genes. The way identical twins are born is that they come from a single fertilized egg. So they would have the same exact genetic information.

The twins were more likely fraternal. Which is much more plausible.

There's a set of twins that go to my church, nobody can tell them apart cause they wear the same exact outfit. Everyone that I meet when I'm with my brother thinks all 3 of us are triplets cause we look super alike. Also, when I'm with my mom, everyone thinks we're twins also.