ScarMay

Book you're currently reading?

I'm currently reading The Book Thief for two reasons: 1) It was recommended to me by a friend. 2) The movie is currently playing at my local discount theater and I always try to read the book before going to see the movie. I'm about halfway through, and so far I really like it. It is interesting seeing things from Death's perspective.

Yeah, I read The Book Thief recently and loved it - I really liked Death's narration as well.

I'm about to start The Darkest Minds and I'm about three chapters in to Li Na's biography, hopefully it ends up being less dull than Nadal's tongue.gif

Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth.

I'm reading it slowly though due to schoolwork + lots of household chores.

A Thousand Splendid Suns. Its a story of Afgani women when the taliban first took over. I cant put it down

Powerless, for school. It's okay, I guess, just not something I'd choose to read.

Clash of Kings.

Since I can't watch the Game of Thrones series, I figured I'd read it.

They're pretty good so far.

I just finished reading The Exorcist. I found a copy online for my Kindle, but it was full of misspellings (yet at the beginning of the book and at the start of each section it said it was fully proofed dry.gifdry.gif ). It was a good book, but I was expecting it to be better. unsure.gif

Not sure what I want to read next, but I'm considering:

• Fight Club
  • Less Than Zero
  • American Psycho
  • Flowers In The Attic
  • Shutter Island
  • I Am Legend
  • Hitchhikers Guide
  • or something from Stephen King

Divergent. Finally attained a copy and had some spare time at school. I got about five pages in, and it seems pretty decent. It makes the reader curious as to what happens next.

Rose of No Man's Land by Michelle Tea.

It's pretty good so far, but the dialogue is so annoying. The Main Character Talks Like This, with no quotation marks. Every other characters dialogue is marked by italics.

I'm currently reading Because of Mr. Terupt

It's a good book, I'm not very far though. It has gotten good reviews though, so I'm excited to continue!

I'm reading 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne. I like it so far, although some parts are a bit boring. The story overall is quite nice.

I'm currently re-reading the Troy Games books by Sara Douglass.

If you like Greek Mythology, this is a great series that starts out in Ancient Greece (in Mesopatama), and follows the lives of several key players of the series : Princess Cornelia of Mesopotama, exiled Troy prince Brutus, beautiful MagaLlan (basically Mother-ruler) of Llangarlia (aka the land of Britain in the future). The series spans thousands of years as the key players plot, destroy, die, are reborn, and struggle to complete their own goals in each life. There are four books, each set within a different period of our history, and depicts natural (and unnatural) disasters as being part of the story.

I find it fascinating, and have read the books 2-3 times now, and am now on the fourth book again.

My only warning - it does contain a bit of sexual content, so if you're young and/or don't want that kind of thing in your reading materials, you wouldn't want to pick it up xd.png

Edited by Katzyn

Bitterblue, the third book of the trilogy that started with Graceling. it's wonderful.. this series has me addicted!

I just started The Dalai Lama's Cat by David Michie. I'm enjoying it thus far.

Lord of the Rings The Two Towers by JRR Tolkien

Edited by Little-Star

The Autumn Bride by Anne Gracie still because I keep getting sidetracked by fanfiction

One For The Murphys... for the second time. My Kindle e-reader has it, though, and it is kind of broken in the area of charging, so I have to wait until something that'll help it will come.

A Thousand Splendid Suns. Its a story of Afgani women when the taliban first took over. I cant put it down

Oh gosh. I haven't read that book but there's another book by the same author, Kite Runner, and I...it's amazing and such a worthwhile read.

Just started the Song of Dragons trilogy by Daniel Arenson. It's okay. The writing is...kinda odd. Short sentences, not much detail, unless it's a special scene or memory. Lots of fighting, some not-quite-believable scenarios, lol. But I'm liking the idea of the story, so I'll most likely stick with it.