ScarMay

Book you're currently reading?

Just read The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. It was pretty good.

Now I'm reading Paper Towns by John Green and I'm loving it. (:

Currently re-reading Snuff by Terry Prachett. Had to buy a new copy after the puppy chewed the old one.

As for ASOIAF, I'm going to wait until all the books are out before starting. I hate getting into a story and then having to wait years to find out what happens next.

I was reading Wolves and War by Candy Rae, I have yet to move onto the second of the series. The book was quite amazing, intense and intriguing. You can only read it virtually though. No paper copies whatsoever.

We Are Your Sisters: Black Women in the Nineteenth Century by Dorothy Sterling. Great read, but as heartbreaking and disgusting as you would expect.

Medea and Other Plays by Euripides ^u^ reading it for my high school english class but i'm really excited. i'm also reading How to Read Literature like a Professor by Thomas Foster cool.gif

Still in the middle of One Hundred Years of Solitude, but now I'm reading Oscar Wilde's short stories as well. Marvellous.

Blood of Dragons, the final part in Robin Hobb's Rain Wild Chronicles.

Ender's Game, in honor of the movie being made for it. Let it be known that I've been a fan of the series looooong before even a trailer came out. No one must doubt my fangirlness of the movie coming. XD

The Neverending Story by Michael Ende. Loved the movie as a kid, so I have high hopes for the book.

The Neverending Story by Michael Ende. Loved the movie as a kid, so I have high hopes for the book.

It may just be me, but I found that book incredibly boring. The movie however was spectacular. blink.gif

As for me, I just finished re-reading The Sorrows of Young Werther. It's a nearly 250-year-old epistolary novel written by J. W. von Goethe. I'd never read an epistolary novel, or such an old book, before taking this up and I haven't regretted it since. I ADORE this book so much it isn't even funny. I'm not a very emotional person, but the emotion in Werther's "letters" is so intense that even I felt affected by it and was utterly drawn in (the ending actually had me feel heartache and pity poor old Werther).

Edited by Beldarius

Two on the go at the moment:

Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel

The Diving-Bell & The Butterfly by Jean-Dominique Bauby

Artemis Fowl <3

I thought it was boring when I picked it up the first time my Sister recommended it tongue.gif

I picked it up yesterday to give a second attempt xd.png LOVE it! Already up to page 186!

1984 by George Orwell

1/3 of things in this book became real;;;

Edited by sh20000sh

Just read "Fortunately the milk..." yesterday. How does NG make me smile with - like - EVERYTHING he writes ?

For school; The Canterbury Tales.

For pleasure; currently nothing, but I plan to get Dune soon and read it.