ScarMay

Book you're currently reading?

Buddhism Plain and Simple.

It's not something I'm going to read straight through without stopping so I'll likely be reading other books as well. I have at least 40 books loaded on my tablet.

Reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire....again. tongue.gif Still haven't found a series that I like better than HP.

I'm currently reading four books:

George R.R.Martin: A Song of Ica and Fire 01 - A Clash of Kings

J.R.R.Tolkien: The Hobbit

Michael Porpurgo: Alone on a Wide Wide Sea

Federica de Cesco: Pferde, Wind und Sonne [Horses, Wind and Sun]

I just finished Reserved for the Cat, and I'm about to start Unnatural Issue, both by Mercedes Lackey.

Starting Ever After by Kim Harrison

Just finished Sealed With a Curse by Cecy Robson

Edited by duskspoken

Re-reading "The fellowship of the ring" by J.R.R.Tolkein, though it's going much slower than I'd like because real life likes to get in the way.

Now I'm attempting to read "Lord of the Rings".

I tried once before and made it half-way through the second volume and stopped. My theory is the book I had was too big (the leather bound 3 volumes in one book) and that by having a kindle I can actually make it through all three volumes of the book this time.

That's about exactly where I stopped the last time I tried to get through LOTR. I keep thinking I'll try again someday ...

Right now, I'm reading some rather silly but entertaining urban fantasy novels by Jeaniene Frost, alternating with Jane Austen (so my brain doesn't turn to mush).

Just finished Down To The Bone by Mayra Lazara Dole.

The dialog was a bit weird sometimes (not because of the Spanish, though). Other than that, the book was good.

I'm reading To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I actually like it 10x more than I thought I was going to.

I was supposed to read Jane Eyre and Pride & Prejudice for my English class, but I couldn't get through them. Now I'm trying to write a character analysis essay, uh oh. blink.gif

But now I have to read All the Pretty Horses for that same class. I WILL read the whole thing, so I can give a good presentation. (BTW, I had to choose from a list of books that I didn't recognize. So, I chose that and announced "I'm picking that one so that I can put lots of My Little Ponies in the PowerPoint". Good thing my teacher has a sense of humor and my class is full of Bronies and nerds. xd.png )

War of the Flowers by Tad Williams.

Dimar, for one of my class projects on mythology I did my whole presentation around Pokemon and got an A. My teacher was astounded and had no idea Pokemon was steeped in so much mythos. It's great having understanding teachers like that who can appreciate the depth in media that at first glance is fluff. smile.gif

I'm in-between series actually. :/ I just finished the 50 Shades series. biggrin.gif Hehehehe I'm not sure which series I will read next though because I have a lot of school readings I need to do. sad.gif

rereading Harry Potter xd.png

just got to finish deathly hallows and I've read it 134 times My mum is SOO proud im like Jeeze I'm only bored cauuse i have no other good books like Warrior cats!

@purpledragonclaw: Hey, I remember that book! I keep meaning to reread it sometime.

Speaking of books about fairies, I just finished Ashes of Honor by Seanan McGuire. Loving this series, can't wait for the next one to come out!