ScarMay

Book you're currently reading?

I'm reading The Never-ending Story by Michael Ende

Edited by Gluria

I'm finishing the 7th Artemis Fowl. After this, I'll go back to adult thrillers and crime fiction.

I'm finishing the 7th Artemis Fowl. After this, I'll go back to adult thrillers and crime fiction.

Raistlin is one of my most favorite fictional characters of all time, okay.

At a creeping pace, I'm currently reading Distress by Greg Egan. I'm not yet sure what I'd call the genre - thriller, maybe? I'll have to report back on that.

It's one of several books of his set in the same general universe, albeit at vastly different points in time - Permutation City (which is near-future and cyberpunk), Schild's Ladder (which is far-future and hard sci-fi), Diaspora (still on my @todo list), and probably others I don't precisely know to place yet. I am essentially officially addicted to this universe and want to live in it. It's plausibly transhumanist and pleasantly devoid of politics for something that outright reinvents human culture. So awesome. <3

I'm absurdly busy in my free time with writing my own 'stories' with people online (roleplaying *cough* v_v), though, to be reading much. It's a bit of a shame. I do want to know how it continues... biggrin.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

I'm currently trying to read City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, but I find that I have little to no time and I'm just plain lazy -_- grr...

The German Occupation of the Channel Islands: The Official History of the Occupation Years by Charles Cruikshank

Selkie Girl by Laurie Brooks.

It's a lovely book about a girl named Elin Jean who is the daughter of a selkie (seal-folk) and a human farmer. She yearns for the sea, but her father attempts to cage her and force her to live as a regular girl on land. She discovers she is 'The One Foretold' and from there her life spins out of control as she tries to take her destiny into her own hands.

This is the fourth or so time I've read it. I love it. <3

The Magicians by Lev Grossman.

I love it so far. There's some "more adult" stuff thrown into the book that younger ages probably shouldn't be reading. I'd put the age minimum to age 14 and then up from there. PG-13 would suffice for those who want to make it simple.

Other than that, it's a very good book. A mix between Harry Potter Series and the Narnia books with actual real life thrown in... it is an entertaining read with belieavle, humanistic characters that aren't watered down to be a "fairytale" in ever work of the name.

The Magicians is "a fairytale book for young adults and adults alike" and is worth reading if you enjoyed any fairytales as a young child.

smile.gif It also kinda reminds me of Once Upon A Time.... not a direct rememberence but some hints here and there do.

Any more questions or comments, drop an email or pm and I'll do my best to answer ASAP.

Currently I am reading Tweak by Nic Sheff. It's a true story and I believe there are two other books that go along with this one. I love reading recovery stories. biggrin.gif