ScarMay

Book you're currently reading?

I'm currently reading "The Mark of Athena"

Amazing book but house of Hades...... keep a tissue box beside you.

I'm reading Island of silence, second book of the Unwanteds series by lisa McMann.

Currently I'm in the middle of reading The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring for the first time. wub.gif I am truly loving it, and wish I had actually read LotR sooner!

Also been reading The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Chronicles: Art & Design, and Cloaks & Daggers, both by Daniel Falconer. <3 Some amazing stuff in these books. cool.gif

Edited by Fabula

the lotr and hobbit books are way better then the movies...... also after you done with them try a book called the silmarillion, it is how middle-earth came to be and basically an awesome for the history of the lotr.

also I am half way done with silverthorn, which the book after magician..... not as good as the first one (cause it is smaller) but still as amazing as magician.

Just finished Godless by Pete Hautman. Easy read with an underlying theme of religious confusion.

Reading:

The Road by Cormac McCarthy

Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin

Finished just before Godless the second to last book in the Lorien Legacies series by multiple writers under the pseudonym of Pittacus Lore. Can't wait for the next one!

Cats in Belfry by Doreen Tovey. I'm a catlover and right now this is the best book of the month. Why? Well... For many reasons I do feel a bit down, and this book helps to keep my mood in check.

Currently reading Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes. Just finished the Hercules chapter and that took forever dry.gif

Just starting Tale of the Thunderbolt by E E Knight

"Dumb witness" by Agatha Christie - one of my favourites from her. I fell in love with the story when I saw the movie and now I finally own my very own copy of the book.

user posted image

How does one not like such an adorable creature? wub.gif

I'm re-reading Scarlet by Marissa Meyer wub.gif

I've got to finish the series by this weekend for a book signing lol

I finished Bastion by Mercedes Lackey and The War of Souls trilogy by Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman, it was the last Dragonlance reading I had to catch up on. I'm now reading Zuleika Dobson by Max Beerbohm.

I just finished Candide, planning on starting the Revenge of the Sith novelization or reread The Picture of Dorian Gray.

Edited by avoralei

I am currently reading "The Way Of Kings" By Brandon Sanderson, And soon I will be reading "Words OF Radiance", by Sanderson. laugh.gif

I am currently reading "The Way Of Kings" By Brandon Sanderson, And soon I will be reading "Words OF Radiance", by Sanderson. laugh.gif

<<<333 Brandon Sanderson

I've only really read the Mistborn series (looking to get the two books after Alloy of Law this January) but I like his style and I want to branch out to his other works.

I'm re-reading the Harry Potter series. When the books first came out I was 17 and absolutely refused to read them because they seemed to be a fad and I just wasn't interested in fads. I didn't start reading them until just before Order of the Phoenix (which is the book I'm presently reading) came out. Looking back now, I wish I'd read them back then, considering Harry Potter is actually just a year older than I am. xd.png

Just got a bunch of books for Christmas so I'm going to be reading those smile.gif I finished The Girl With All the Gifts today.

I'm re-reading the Harry Potter series. When the books first came out I was 17 and absolutely refused to read them because they seemed to be a fad and I just wasn't interested in fads. I didn't start reading them until just before Order of the Phoenix (which is the book I'm presently reading) came out. Looking back now, I wish I'd read them back then, considering Harry Potter is actually just a year older than I am. xd.png

Me too! Though I'm only half way through Philosopher's Stone so far, I need to put some more effort in while I'm off work for Christmas as otherwise I'll never get through them all xd.png

I'm also reading A God in Ruins by Kate Atkinson but I'm not feeling it, I can't pick it up for long at a time.

The Death and Life of Great American Cities by Jane Jacobs. For it's one of the books shown on our reading list.

I finished Aliens: Nightmare Asylum. My goal is 200 pages/day. Now on to the next book, Aliens: The Female War!