ScarMay

Book you're currently reading?

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.

Found a paperback copy at Wal-Mart. Bought it, got home, realized it was large print. xd.png

Now I'm reading "The murder of Roger Ackroyd", by Agatha Christie ^^

Just started Terry Pratchet's Johnny and the Bomb... I've read Mort and Hogfather... I wanna read Soul Music... Me likes Death...

To Kill a Mockingbird. Another book we have to read for class. I only have 2 chapters left. biggrin.gif

Read 'The Dark Crystal' today. It's a novel adaptation of the film The Dark Crystal and was written by A.C.H Smith.

It was interesting, and I liked the details that were given to the characters in the book that weren't given to them in the movie. There was more insight to the social structures of the urRu and the Skeksis as well, and I found that interesting.

I finished a book called 'Magyk' by Angie Sage. My library has the second book, 'Flyte' but some dodo misplaced it.

'In Cold Blood' by Truman Capote and just finishing up 'House of Leaves' by Mark Z. Danielewski.

The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater, Blow Fly by Patricia Cornwell, Cross Bones by Kathy Reichs, War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy, As You Like It by William Shakespeare (in school book club) and next week I'll be starting To Kill A Mockingbird for school. A lot of books!

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.

I'm reading Catching Fire too. Not sure if I like it better than The Hunger Games or not, but it certainty is good.

I'm reading Catching Fire too. Not sure if I like it better than The Hunger Games or not, but it certainty is good.

Hunger Games series FTW.

I'm re-reading Pillage and Choke by Obert Skye for the fifth time.

Picked up and read Name of the Wind today. It was interesting. Next up is a book called American Gods. Hopefully it will be good... the person at the book store recommended both books, and the first one was good, so hopefully the second will also be good?

I'm pretty sure everyone reads Lord of the Flies in school. -shot-

I'm rereading the Harry Potter series and picking up on all those little details I forgot.

Nope. English major, college, never had to read it o3o

Nope. English major, college, never had to read it o3o

The regular classes read it, but I was in honors and we didn't. Sad, cause I wanted to. =| Better than Grapes of Wrath.

I should read it sometime, but it will probably only happen now if I can get it on the Kindle for free or for cheap.

~

Just finished Nocturnal by Scott Sigler. Wish he hadn't gotten rid of the original podcast. I can't decide if I like his changes better than the original or not, but still awesome. More death, though. I didn't even know he could work that. So many people died in the original draft, lol. x3

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Lately I'm really into rereading. So I'm currently rereading the Circle of Magic series by Tamora Pierce, and I'm still enjoying it.

It's kind of interesting the second time around, since the characters are only, like, 10 or 12 in the first story arc, and back the first time I read it in middle school, they didn't seem all that young to me; I identified with them a lot more. Now I see them more as maturing children and I see their teachers more as fleshed-out characters and not just "adults that teach them stuff".

Agatha Christie - The Big Four

I'm really enjoying reading Agatha Christie these days smile.gif

I just finished Septimus Heap: Book One: Magyk by Angie Sage, and I've just started on Book Two: Flyte by the same author. I'm about a quarter of the way through it and loving it so far. I'm not sure how many books are in the series, but I'm certainly hoping there's a lot more. I don't want it to end any time soon!

I'm lucky enough to have a library right down the street, so I do a lot of reading. Especially lately where my time online is somewhat limited.

Just finished Martin the Warrior by Brian Jacques yesterday.

I'll be starting After by Amy Efaw on Monday when I'm at school. :3

I am currently reading Crucible of Gold, by Naomi Novik.

Going Postal by Terry Pratchett, which is as usual amazing, and the assorted letters of Charles Lamb. Yet to be seen whether they are any good or not..