MedievalMystic

TJ's April Fool Prank..

Does April Fool feel like unfinished business?   

447 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

sad.gif I'd have liked an explanation on that.

This is a known problem. I talked with TJ and, at this time, we don't believe it's people guessing codes. There's some issue. Most users are experiencing problems where not all their codes are working. TJ is working on a report system for this, so try to keep track of the codes that aren't working. He will either be adding a 'submit report' button on the same page where you get your codes or will be adding a 'report' button after each code so that we can try and figure out what's going on. Do remember you have to be logged in to see most of the DinoCave pages, and you'll definitely need to be logged in to see this.

Hopefully we can get this cleared up and get more people on DinoCave. :3

For DinoCave users, please note the following:

-Because of this issue and being in beta stage (and unable to actually share your scroll or eggs), we are making exceptions for how growing dinos will be done. TJ will be adding a community page where users may give views to other dinos. Please be sure to visit this page to give views and add your own dinos! Dinos will also require less views than you're used on on DragCave, so there's no need to sit there refreshing your scroll over and over again. In these beginning stages, raising dinos will be a lot easier than when we are out of dino stage.

-Eventually, the flood of eggs and the random timing of eggs we are having fun with now will disappear and become more like DragCave, but only once we've got more users and tested some more site aspects.

Thanks for your patience, guys. We expected excitement for this, but I don't think we anticipated this level of excitement. <3

I am closing this thread so that people may see my post without it being buried. If I get any updates from TJ, I will post them here. :3

here it is, someone quoted it on the news thread so it didnt get deleted.

A quote of a quote that was supposedly initially posted by Sock:

This is a known problem. I talked with TJ and, at this time, we don't believe it's people guessing codes. There's some issue. Most users are experiencing problems where not all their codes are working. TJ is working on a report system for this, so try to keep track of the codes that aren't working. He will either be adding a 'submit report' button on the same page where you get your codes or will be adding a 'report' button after each code so that we can try and figure out what's going on. Do remember you have to be logged in to see most of the DinoCave pages, and you'll definitely need to be logged in to see this.

-Because of this issue and being in beta stage (and unable to actually share your scroll or eggs), we are making exceptions for how growing dinos will be done. TJ will be adding a community page where users may give views to other dinos. Please be sure to visit this page to give views and add your own dinos! Dinos will also require less views than you're used on on DragCave, so there's no need to sit there refreshing your scroll over and over again. In these beginning stages, raising dinos will be a lot easier than when we are out of dino stage.

-Eventually, the flood of eggs and the random timing of eggs we are having fun with now will disappear and become more like DragCave, but only once we've got more users and tested some more site aspects.

Thanks for your patience, guys. We expected excitement for this, but I don't think we anticipated this level of excitement. <3

I am closing this thread so that people may see my post without it being buried. If I get any updates from TJ, I will post them here. :3

EDIT: ninja.gif 'd

Edited by Starscream64

Wow, I actually got an e-mail. And it's not saying "HAHA got you!" I am shocked.

Of course, there's the "maybe"... whether or not DinoCave is a real thing, I guess it's still April Fool's for TJ.

Edit: She says like it's news to anybody else.

Edited by songwithnosoul

I think the prank here is that everyone THINKS it's a prank. I personally think DinoCave is going to be a real site once it's out of beta mode.

I got that email too, but it's still not telling us if it's a prank or not, but I'm really thinking it isn't.

I think the prank here is that everyone THINKS it's a prank. I personally think DinoCave is going to be a real site once it's out of beta mode.

This is what I'm starting to think.

And, honestly, I hope so--because those are my FAVORITE kind of April Fool's pranks. xd.png

I love when the prankster does something people think is gonna be fake, but it later turns out to be real. xd.png

Thanks, guys. biggrin.gif I guess I'll just wait it out, then. I'd like to see this happen.

(And I also hope there'll be, like, Pygmy Dinos or something. That would be so cool. xd.png)

Thanks, guys. biggrin.gif I guess I'll just wait it out, then. I'd like to see this happen.

(And I also hope there'll be, like, Pygmy Dinos or something. That would be so cool. xd.png)

Np

don't forget neglected Dinos!

If you signed up for an invite and haven't gotten an email from DinoCave, check your junk folders.

I have watched all this chaos, and just want to say: if there is a DinoCave, I will probably play there, if there isn't, I had fun watching all the goings on. Either way is fine with me.

If you signed up for an invite and haven't gotten an email from DinoCave, check your junk folders.

I have watched all this chaos, and just want to say: if there is a DinoCave, I will probably play there, if there isn't, I had fun watching all the goings on. Either way is fine with me.

Same here happy.gif

All in all, I'm sure it brought a great deal of good attention to Dragon Cave for April 1st laugh.gif

If you signed up for an invite and haven't gotten an email from DinoCave, check your junk folders

I did, and there's nothing anywhere. Thanks for the suggestion, though. smile.gif

No biggie. I'll just miss out on....whatever this is. tongue.gif

i geuss its real? if anyone gets a code let me know because i would like one to :3

The e-mail doesn't contain a code.

It gives some information about what DinoCave would be like if it were to be real, but it doesn't confirm that it is or is not real.

It was in my junk folder.

I'm thinking that the prank really was announcing it on April Fool's, and it being real. The prank should have ended yesterday, but it has been almost 24 hours since it should have come to a close if it was, indeed, and April Fool's prank (unless he's drawing it out), and seems to have more effort put into it than a prank would (unless he's just that dedicated, always a possibility!)

I never got an email even though I signed up for the 'random invite' thing. Oh, well. xd.png

It may still show up. Mine showed up over an hour after the time it was supposedly sent.

I got an email lol of course the email was pretty funny in itself. tongue.gif

It may still show up. Mine showed up over an hour after the time it was supposedly sent.

Woot! There's still hope. laugh.gif

A quote of a quote that was supposedly initially posted by Sock:

This is the first time I've seen that. That doesn't sound like any kind of joke to me. It sounds like this site is really in the works...please, God!

Well, I got an email, but sadly no verification code. I'm still not really sure if this is real or not...

Wait, I wasn't on DC yesterday... I'm so confused, What happened? O.o?

TJ announced the beta for a site called Dino Cave, but we're still not sure if the announcement was a joke and Dino Cave isn't real, or if the joke was that he announced it on April Fool's to make us think it was fake but it's real.

News Thread

Edited by KageSora