MedievalMystic

TJ's April Fool Prank..

Does April Fool feel like unfinished business?   

447 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I believe that this is real.

But he is purposefully making it look like a possible prank to fool us.

If it was fake, why would he send us that email? And if it was a prank, why not make the email just say "Gotcha- April Fools!" or something?

Exactly. I just got the email. It looked too real to be fake. Am I allowed to post a screenshot of the email, or at least paraphrase it for those who didn't get on the list...?

Exactly. I just got the email. It looked too real to be fake. Am I allowed to post a screenshot of the email, or at least paraphrase it for those who didn't get on the list...?

Pages 3 and 4, I believe, have pictures of it. ^^

Edited by Stealthypugs

Because it's evolved from a prank to trolling? That's my theory, haha =)

I suppose, but I don't know. I'd like to think TJ has better things to do than waste a bunch of time coding and creating a fake site and this fairly elaborate plan just to troll us all. xd.png

Here's the pic from the mail:

user posted image

Edit: blink.gif Umm a bit big, should I link it instead?

Lol, I got this email as well.

It'd be neat if we could play around on DinoCave, if only for a few days. xd.png

I got my email a couple hours ago. It's pretty and all and I like the idea of mixing and matching Dinos but I don't know what to think. Since when I first signed up it was to get an invite code and I got this instead with no code and a "Maybe..." I'm on the fence.

I'm leaning towards real at this point because to drag out a joke this long seems silly and pointless.

maybe tj wants us to think it sfake thats the prank? and less days on eggs may help with that xd.png

Sock did give an reasonable explanation for this, I have no idea where the thread went, it was in Help. Probably got moved to the mod trash section.

I suppose, but I don't know. I'd like to think TJ has better things to do than waste a bunch of time coding and creating a fake site and this fairly elaborate plan just to troll us all. xd.png

Nevermind then. And I was thinking the same thing. All the work that's gone into this... It reminds me of the drama surrounding the "alt" Nebulae last April Fool's. It's just far to extensive to be a prank.

I think that folks are focusing on the prank first and the site second. But if you switch that around, so that around, it actually seems much more plausible.

Current thinking: What are the chances that an April Fool's Day prank would be real?

Alternative thinking: What are the chances that a brand new site would use a holiday as a clever advertising opportunity?

That makes me believe more than anything else. lol

It's just far to extensive to be a prank.

Lawd, I hope that's true! xd.png

Hi Skauble! **waves** Thanks again for the two beautiful golds! biggrin.gif One already has a little crack! **squish!**

Edited by MedievalMystic

Either way, I think (or at least hope) we'll fine out the truth at midnight EST tonight. dry.gif

Oh, if that countdown starts again I'm not joining in. ._.

If it hasn't been announced yet, why midnight tonight? Please don' get anyone counting down. TJ is probably sleeping last night off.

Still no email for me.

Either way, I'm kind of like, meh. I'm not a fan of the dinos, I think I've gotten rid of every one I've accidentally grabbed. If it's fake, a badge would be nice, but the fact that I have yet to receive this mysterious email makes me think that I won't even get that satisfaction. So, an overall meh is it for now from me.

Sock did give an reasonable explanation for this, I have no idea where the thread went, it was in Help. Probably got moved to the mod trash section.

i just hope its real biggrin.gif

it actually seems pretty real to me now.

i can totally imagine me refreshing the site over and over just to get the right shade of red that i want xd.png

Either way, I think (or at least hope) we'll fine out the truth at midnight EST tonight.

I stayed up till midnight on April Fools...I'm not staying up on the off chance that TJ says something... lol I guess if he does, tomorrow morning will be good enough to find out what's up. At least if he says it's a prank, I'll have had one night of going to bed with multi colored dino's dancing in my head! xd.png

I believe.

Thanks to TJ we have a fun (addictive) little game here at Dragon Cave, it's free. We get new dragons on a fairly regular basis. We get little extras for the holidays, trick or treat, tree decorating etc.

This does not sound like a cruel person to me, not the sort to drag this out for days, raising hopes just to crush them, all for the sake of a laugh.

I think the speculation and talk is being used to build anticipation, and when it happens the laugh will be on us for being so skeptical.

Are we getting different types of emails? The one I got just stated that I expressed an interest in receiving emails reg dino cave and if I didn't want any emails, to contact the postmaster. I want soooo much to write back and say Heck Yeah, I Wanna Receive Emails but that 'contact the postmaster' part threw me off a little cos if I did contact Mr.Postmaster, is he gonna take it that I don't wanna receive emails?

Decisions, decisions!!!

Edit: Thanks all those who've advised me. I got to see the image when I signed in using IE. My FF's blocked images for so long, I can't remember how to unblock just for this so it was easier to just use IE biggrin.gif

Edited by calenlass

Are we getting different types of emails? The one I got just stated that I expressed an interest in receiving emails reg dino cave and if I didn't want any emails, to contact the postmaster. I want soooo much to write back and say Heck Yeah, I Wanna Receive Emails but that 'contact the postmaster' part threw me off a little cos if I did contact Mr.Postmaster, is he gonna take it that I don't wanna receive emails?

Decisions, decisions!!!

Nononono. It's an automated email. You'll get the emails because you sent out your email. If you unsub, you lose your chance for those invites.

Edited by Ashes The Second

Decisions, decisions!!!

The announcement in the email is an image. If you have those turned off or blocked, somehow, you won't be able to see it.

Calenlass, my email blocked the images. Try looking for something that would allow the images to show in your email. Mine was right at the top of the email.

So, I've obviously received the email.

Talking to all oldies here, but thinking on this, didn't TJ's internetometer.com site get revealed initially as a prank? Or something? Or did I imagine that?

I has email! It went to Junk at first but I'm excited.

sad.gif I'd have liked an explanation on that.