MedievalMystic

TJ's April Fool Prank..

Does April Fool feel like unfinished business?   

447 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So at theend the users called the bluff and the prank backfired. cool.gif

Priceless tongue.gif

I did laugh today after checking and reading the front page of Dino Cave.

It is nice that it is being given another thought about coming a reality. For now I'm content and shall wait to see if it happens. If not. But like mentioned it would be funny to have like a silver or gold dino egg badge.

Got an e-mail. xd.png Well, I found one just now.

I am still wondering if it's real, hence we got releases in the past years that were for real. ^^;

I would love to get a Dino egg badge! wub.gif Pretty please with cream and cherry on top?

I have to agree with that.

Hello all,

Dino Cave started off as a prank. Okay. Now go back and read that sentence again. Started off as. It was an amusing idea for a prank I had at 9 pm the night before April Fool's. There is no beta; in fact, there's not even any real code. The registration page is hard-coded to always give an "invalid beta code" error, and the login page will always claim the username doesn't exist.

However, you've probably all seen the proposed game mechanics. And from what I've seen, you like them. In fact, most people seem to enjoy the entire idea of a real "Dino Cave" site. So while I don't have any new site to release to everyone, I'm open to the idea of fun little "spin-offs" of Dragon Cave. Keep in mind that any spin-offs would probably receive a lot less attention than Dragon Cave gets. That's just a fact of life when there's only so much T.J. to go around.

So perhaps in a few months I'll be posting a legitimate big announcement. Stay tuned.

-T.J. Lipscomb

Owner, Dragon Cave

TL;DR: It's not real, but people seemed to like it, so it may become real. Besides, I need to do something with the thousands of rainbow Dino sprites I now have.

TJ, you rock! <3 **squish!** Thanks so much for the info, and more thanks for considering making DinoCave a reality! I even had a dream about it last night! xd.png And honestly, I think you're wrong...I think a site like DinoCave could and would end up just as popular as the original DC with time. I already have thoughts of all the different color projects I'd like to get into, mainly a gorgeous black dino project! <3

I think a site like DinoCave would be so much fun, the only breeding for color game I've found that's worth a damn out there is PonyIsland, and I've been addicted for over 2 years, other's for the entire 8 years the site has been around. It's so addicting it's unreal. Depending on how the breeding for colors would work, this could be huge. I, for one, am truely looking forward to it. I would love if, with time, more realistic Dino's would come into play on the site as well.

I know there's only one TJ, but right now I wish there were 10 of you! You wouldn't happen to have any programming buddies willing to help you out to speed things along, would you? lol ;D Thanks again for even considering this!

If on DinoCave are only recolors of five already existing Dino sprites (and that's what I assume after seeing the email)... then meh, I 'll choose to stick to my dragons.

I see a DinoCave as having the possibility of being huge. There is no doubt in my mind that if DNC becomes a reality, more and more dino breeds would be released. Who knows? Maybe TJ will even advance the breed for colors options and add actual dino markings, which could be passed onto offspring. That would rock! The possibilites are endless for something like this! People could breed for rare color lines, maybe a rare marking, depending on how far TJ wants to take this!

It would be cool if we talked about ideas that we would like to see in a game like DNC, and maybe, just maybe, TJ would implement those idea's in time. smile.gif I'm so excited about this it's crazy! xd.png

Edited by MedievalMystic

I HATE THIS PRANK!

Awww...did someone steal your sweet--

No. Not joining the bandwagon.

Okay, so...what if the spriters of unreleased dino sprites also agree to have those ported over to the dinocave site? that would make more variety. Also since colors don't really matter, there could be any kind of dino added. Still, I really wouldn't join to play. I'd only collect anything orange if I did. maybe the forums would become active and be a nice place to stick DC eggs.

Thank you TJ, for the information and for a future DinoCave, which sounds really fun. I'm sure to join once it's real.

As long as Dino Cave doesn't get as much attention as Dragon Cave I'm all for it. I like the dinos well enough but I know that I wouldn't spend as much time on it and would hate to see DC suffer because TJ ends up spread too thin.

Edited by Sir Barton

I'd only collect anything orange if I did.

And? lol There are a gazillion shades of orange! You could do an orange color project to breed every color orange there is into a line! I think you'd have a lot of fun with that. smile.gif

If it becomes real, I'm there, no doubt about it! I'm already thinking about rare, hard to get, color lines... hmmm...

Edited by MedievalMystic

I would love to get a Dino egg badge! wub.gif Pretty please with cream and cherry on top?

Badge?

user posted image

xd.png

I got a Email telling me more about the Dino cave. Breeding and mixing Multiple coloured dinos sounds like fun biggrin.giflaugh.gif

I don't really care about a DinoCave site, but I would have liked another badge to mark the day. I'm disappointed we didn't get one.

Guuuuys, we don't need a badge for every event, do we? ;___;

We all had fun playing around, and I know Sock had a great time. xd.png

I was waiting for TJ to send me an invite as a moderator. >.> Talk about being surprised when the announcement went up. Was it real? Was it not? I was soooo confused!

Edited by Khallayne

Badge?

Ooooh, I don't suppose you could make one that's smaller, has a black dino egg in it, that changes colors, with the whipped cream and cherry for everyone to use?? I would totally love something like that that say's 'Please!' or 'Make DNC Real' or something, anything, that shows support! xd.png

If someone could do something like that, I'd be very grateful! <3

Edited by MedievalMystic

Badge?

user posted image

xd.png

*lol* The "with cream and cherry on top?" part was meant for the "Pretty please". xd.png But I so totally would love your image as badge, it looks very delicious!

Still no email, dang it. xd.png I was hoping I would find it this morning.

I found mine in my Junk Mail folder -- the Spam filter had caught it! Maybe yours is suffering a similar fate?

I really wouldn't mind seeing Dino Cave made real -- although I'm not too fond of Dinos. I'd love to see a Dino Cave with 'realistic' Dinos, more like Dragon Cave's dragons. I'd probably worship it. I was always the little girl who fed Barbie to her Dinosaurs...

But, this was quite an interesting prank x3 Definitely left me wondering; and if there is a Dino Cave in the future.. I'm quite sure I'll join.

I found my e-mail in the junk folder as well smile.gif If it would turn out to be real, I think I would join it!

I found mine in my Junk Mail folder -- the Spam filter had caught it! Maybe yours is suffering a similar fate?

I checked there, but alas, no email. xd.png Thanks for the suggestion, though! smile.gif