GCorg11

Eulogize Your Little Lost Ones Here

Hi all! First of all as you can tell I'm kinda bumping this topic tongue.gif But I'm also here to ask a question- some of your poems are really good. Would any of you be interested in having them published in the Dragon Cave Newsletter? The link is in my signature, so check it out! Thanks do much smile.gif

Oh, nice bump - I've just noticed this thread, read them all and I love them!! Well done everyone!!

I had to contribute, but fortunately, I haven't lost any dragons, so:

This thread ignited,

From the agony of death,

Such joy, delivered.

Poor sweet black dragon

did not erase description

all the way you're dead

I didn't erase a description all the way on one of my blacks and there were random words left and they killed it. sad.gif

I like... cried.

Hi all! First of all as you can tell I'm kinda bumping this topic tongue.gif But I'm also here to ask a question- some of your poems are really good. Would any of you be interested in having them published in the Dragon Cave Newsletter? The link is in my signature, so check it out! Thanks do much smile.gif

I wouldn't mind, if you think mine's good enough to be published...

I didn't erase a description all the way on one of my blacks and there were random words left and they killed it. 

I like... cried.

Your dragon was killed because you didn't erase all of its description? That seems a little harsh.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

Part lament, part expression of anger for the loss of a Royal Blue egg I accidentally bred when I had too many eggs. I checked up on it quite a bit...

Woe! Poor Royal Blue!

You went to a bad owner,

I curse them for you!

And one for the only egg I actually killed, which i mistook for a chicken egg when I grabbed it.

Sad little pygmy,

who should have been a chicken.

The unlucky duck...

And this is for my very first earthquake victim:

Poor dark myst pygmy

Never to see the bright light

Stay warm and happy

What a nice way to remember dragons. smile.gif

According to my teacher, I'm very good at poetry so I'll do one of my dead nebbie.

Little nebula.

I didn't know what to do,

So now I regret.

Lovely Avendri

October's winds forgotten

You will never rise

Apparently I needed an education on how to create Zombies when I killed her. sad.gif

Edited by Zephyrgirl

Silly little egg,

Why couldn't you be a pink?

You would have been spared.

For this egg: http://dragcave.net/lineage/DR9ZJ

If it had been a pink, I wouldn't have fed it to Tuomas. Tuomas doesn't play well with others.

Edit: Especially tasty others.

Edited by omgitskairi

Lovely Avendri

October's winds forgotten

You will never rise

Apparently I needed an education on how to create Zombies when I killed her. sad.gif

Aw! Your poem made me sniffle. :'(

@Snowytoshi -- if you want to use any of my poems, by all means! And now, I need to check out this "newsletter" of which you speak... hmm...

Crumbled to dust, now

You spare your children much grief

Ashes in the wind

I killed my alt black to hide its' offspring's inbredness... hah. ): When it disappears it'll take its lineage with it. tongue.gif

Feeling somewhat guilty, but I'm sick of looking at how stupidly inbred my dragon is.

Edited by kleptomaniac

Crumbled to dust, now

You spare your children much grief

Ashes in the wind

I killed my alt black to hide its' offspring's inbredness... hah. ): When it disappears it'll take its lineage with it. tongue.gif

Feeling somewhat guilty, but I'm sick of looking at how stupidly inbred my dragon is.

I love the ashes in the wind part. wink.gif

Wow, there's a Dragon Cave Newsletter? It would definitely be nice to see all of these great Haikus together like that smile.gif

I certainly wouldn't mind if you put mine in the letter, if you think it's good enough. Man there are so many great ones here!!! laugh.gif I love to keep checking in and read them all, these are so cool.

So many poets in the community, well done!!! I hope we get even more...though of course that would mean more dead dragons, so I guess I shouldn't hope too hard.

Edited by GCorg11

Oh, nice bump - I've just noticed this thread, read them all and I love them!! Well done everyone!!

I had to contribute, but fortunately, I haven't lost any dragons, so:

This thread ignited,

From the agony of death,

Such joy, delivered.

That's fantastic biggrin.gif

A poem for a failed ND experiment...

At Easter time, he

rose from the dead; but you,

sad egg, could not live.

For the neglected pink egg I failed to hatch. Apr. 08- Apr. 15 1012

My dear little pink

Thy shell has long forgotten

The warmth of the sun

sad.gif

I had this clean but messy White that I was going to release when I caught a CB, but I released the CB instead. So here's to my now wild White.

Sweet White, kind healer,

Abandoned, forgotten.

Forever alone.

I've been on Dragon Cave for three years, and haven't lost a one to softshell. Today, on the eve of the second anniversary of Ronnie James Dio's death, that streak ended with a pretty little Sun egg that I discovered was sick and fogged too late.

Sunset has Sickness

Fogged to save its fragile life

Go to DIO, sweet child

For the two Vine and Ocean Waverunner hatchies that died when I first joined sad.gif

Wilted Vines, Dry Sea

So close to maturity

It was not enough.

Result of my first and only vamp bite:

Coastal Waverunner

If Vamp bites would always work

Two of them I'd have

Return to the fog

no new life for your little self

The vampires meal

in rememberence of my Vampire victims

when i was a newer member and didnt know about post sites i caught an ungendered albino hatchling that was er i asked my friends 2 click it and they did. i thought about freezing it but i really wanted it to grow up so i named it chance and kept it. went 2 bed and when i got online the next day it was a tombstone which i failed to revive. poor little chance =(

my poor albino

knew you only for a day

sad to see you go

also to all the dragons i killed/will kill to try and make zombies (who failed/will fail)

shining blades spill blood

you no longer see the light

sorry you wont revive

and just because i feel kind of bad for the zombies

revived by magic

you're now creatures of the dark

no more days for you

Edited by linda3.0

Winter of zombies

I was blind to my mistake

That bite meant to save

In memory of this eggie, who I didn't realize was accidentally inbred. I tried to vamp it, because that would be ironic, but it died.