TJ09

2012-04-01 - Big Announcement

Well, I would guess it's not real for one big reason - why would Dragon Cave members have to make a new account to use Dino Cave?

Sure it's possible, but I'd think it'd be open to regular members without us having to register for it. Even if members do have to make a new account, the invite thing is a sorta weird necessity for membership to it.

Oh well, I got suckered into requesting an invite - why not? It'd be fun if it's real! laugh.gif

surprisingly enough, i can't find any dc wiki page about this dinocave thing. hope someone else can point it out if i missed it.

what i meant was that someone created a whole new wiki for dinocave alone.

There was one up at one time. I remember a person on the forum talking about how they added one. It may have been taken down though.

I am of the opinion that TJ's got something up his sleeve, more than just a joke. Don't think he'd lead us on for nothing. Last year we got badges, so he might have something.

"Waiting with large stick to beat TJ if hes teasing about dinos"

^Amen to that. At least if there's no point to it.

I COMPOSED A SONG TO EXPRESS MY FEELINGS ABOUT DINOCAVE, -> to be sung to the tune of All things bright and beautiful. xd.png

I call it, All Eggs Bright And Beautiful. (AKA my journey from Depression to Despotism)

Disclaimer: No dinos were harmed in the process

All eggs bright and beautiful,

All dinos great and small

All things bright and colourful,

The spriters made them all.

Teej invited us to see them,

Gave us invites so we might share,

How great is Dinocave,

All eggs are steal-able there,

The open beta closes,

I fear I won't get a code in time,

Thank God that I can hack it,

I dunno whether this site is real.

Did I tell of roaming sun around me,

The warming morning breeze

How the sky outside did tempt me,

To leave my laptop at peace.

I'm a ruthless dino hunter

Brute force serves me quite well,

Took a mallet to my harddrive

Tortured laptops in my wake.

Trolling eggy colours,

I'll prove I was provoked,

Blast up those nasty dinos,

By using LOIC.

Invading dino airspace,

I pick on newbs as well,

I wear my socks with sandles

And prank with RNG.

Yes I'm an extremist,

But I am obliged to tell

Stuck F5 down with duct tape,

Desperate for my email.

For those unaware LOIC= Low Orbit Ion Cannon.

TJ09 is too difficult to sing. In the time. Same with LOIC.

*Jumps up and down applauding loudly*

BRILLIANT!

(If this does turn out to be real, will we be allowed to ride the dinos then, the way I did in my distant childhood, pre-horse-and-carriage school-days?)

I can see TJ right now, lurking in this thread, laughing is butt off.[/size][/color]

Same here! I mean, as much as I can't believe how many people STILL think this is real/likely to be real (and if it IS real, I will more than happily apologize for my lack of faith in the matter--wouldn't be the first time a prank turned into something real!), I think that marks this as a successful prank--and when a prank is stressful, it's much more enjoyable for the prankster!

So hey--good work, TJ! biggrin.gif

well I kinda hope its real but I dont think so or someone here would have an account already

Well we all know TJ loves his pranks.. im just hoping that this turns out that we get some new dinos!!!! wub.gif thats all I want. smile.gif more colors for my scroll.

Well, I would guess it's not real for one big reason - why would Dragon Cave members have to make a new account to use Dino Cave?

Sure it's possible, but I'd think it'd be open to regular members without us having to register for it. Even if members do have to make a new account, the invite thing is a sorta weird necessity for membership to it.

Having to have an invite is quite normal for new sites. It is why they are called beta.

EDIT

Okay, maybe not WHY, but they tend to go hand-in-hand.

Edited by WanderingWolf

It's right here, made it myself, and someone else already edited.

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/DinoCave

That was me. It was on April 1st's midnight; midnight Melatch 31st would imply that it was released the second it became March 31st, 24 hours before it really was announced.

surprisingly enough, i can't find any dc wiki page about this dinocave thing. hope someone else can point it out if i missed it.

what i meant was that someone created a whole new wiki for dinocave alone.

The original person to mention DCwiki, said that It had a wiki, not has a page, but now it has both!

*Jumps up and down applauding loudly*

BRILLIANT!

(If this does turn out to be real, will we be allowed to ride the dinos then, the way I did in my distant childhood, pre-horse-and-carriage school-days?)

haha thats awesome!! smile.gif

I am of the opinion that TJ's got something up his sleeve, more than just a joke. Don't think he'd lead us on for nothing.

Same here. It wouldn't surprise me if we got a badge, or if we got a new dino or two (or more!) out of this whole thing.

Then again, I won't get my hopes up--I've seen plenty of times when the admin (other sites, not TJ) didn't do anything. (And a time or two when they were a little mean about it--but then, when you have a community treat you like crap, a nasty prank now and then is perfectly reasonable!)

It's right here, made it myself, and someone else already edited.

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/DinoCave

Interesting, I am surprised that there are no opinions offered on the legitimacy of the site yet, or even a reference to the 100+ pages of speculation it's already spawned.

Same here! I mean, as much as I can't believe how many people STILL think this is real/likely to be real (and if it IS real, I will more than happily apologize for my lack of faith in the matter--wouldn't be the first time a prank turned into something real!), I think that marks this as a successful prank--and when a prank is stressful, it's much more enjoyable for the prankster!

So hey--good work, TJ! biggrin.gif

i dont know what to believe anymore so im waiting, it would be nice if it WAS real, but im not getting my hopes up for it

That was me. It was on April 1st's midnight; midnight Melatch 31st would imply that it was released the second it became March 31st, 24 hours before it really was announced.

Oh. That I didn't do, but I wrote the little tidbit on the bottom.

Interesting, I am surprised that there are no opinions offered on the legitimacy of the site yet, or even a reference to the 100+ pages of speculation it's already spawned.

This is the News area. If it hasn't spawned speculation, it's only because it's locked. Over 200+ on a good day for most announcements.

only another 25 min. and we will find out how badly our legs been pulled.. laugh.gif

only another 25 min. and we will find out how badly our legs been pulled..  laugh.gif

If it's been pulled at all, mind you.

i dont know what to believe anymore so im waiting, it would be nice if it WAS real, but im not getting my hopes up for it

Me, too. I'm more on the 'I hope it's there' side, though.

Edited by thegreenrobby

only another 25 min. and we will find out how badly our legs been pulled.. laugh.gif

Unless TJ is off by a minute. Then we should totally get our swords and our dragons and march on his castle and demand all of our silver back.

/shotdead.

~Dino Cave~

Dino Cave could be real, but maybe not. This story I wrote leans towards not. xd.png Ignore if you hate terrible writing, I suppose. Nonsensical...

Your most trusted dragon reports a water source not far from here. You fly there to see a small pond in a clearing. The water looks clean, and you both take a drink. You look off to the side and see... A cave? Neither of you have ever seen this cave before. You go to check it out. Of all things, you see Dino eggs. Hundreds of them. All in many different shades and hues. You’ve never seen so many Dino eggs in one place. In fact, you hardly see them. You pull your scroll out of your bag, and somewhere off to the side you write what you’ve seen, and put it back. You pick up an egg, and as you begin to walk away, you hear a roar come from deeper inside the cave. You stop dead in your tracks, and turn around. You see a Green Dino charging toward you. You put the egg down, and you and your dragon run as fast as you can to escape the path of the charging Dino. Your dragon, of course, gets ahead of you. You look back to see if you are still being pursued, and look forward again to see no trace of your dragon. That’s odd, you were sure you would have still been able to see it in front of you. And where’s the pond? You should have stumbled across it by now. The trees seem endless. Not paying attention, you trip over a rock, and go tumbling, crashing hard into a tree, and begin slipping from consciousness. That’s it game over; you know it will get you as you black out.

-------

You’re not sure how long you were out, but you’re fine except that you feel a little sick and dizzy. Your dragon doesn’t look so great, either. Wasn’t the Dino chasing you? To your surprise, you both are right next to the pond right where you had taken the drink. You realize you had been hallucinating. It must have been the pond water. None of that ever happened. Thinking back, most of those colors of Dino didn’t exist anyway. You look to where you saw the cave. Not there. Just as you thought. What a day. You stand up, and slightly regret it. You shake your head to clear it. As you and your dragon fly away from the pond, you can’t help but wonder. You don’t really remember a pond being there in the first place. Your scroll still has what you wrote about the cave you saw.

Hey, this is great!

(Any old Beatles songs playing, or perhaps the reflection of Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds in the pond? laugh.gif )

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the story!

If You are watching this thread TJ, then give us a link to your dinocave scroll to prove the h8ters WRONG! and it be really nifty for the believers to know!

I've been following this thread all night, ignoring family etc... And its one of the few times I've read every post in a 100+ page thread.. Amusing to be sure!!

I wonder who made the Dino Cave Wiki o3o

edit buggers my shift key

Edited by ShaydraSilversky