TJ09

2012-04-01 - Big Announcement

If this is an April Fools joke it's a pretty lame one, to be honest. xd.png

Unless people honestly are head over heels for Dinos.

...Please, do not speak for me and my feelings or assume you know how I feel, alright? Yeah, as cool as it -might- be......I seriously won't be that crushed if it's a prank. I am quite indifferent on the matter and don't care either way. I guess it's because, I'd rather work at coming across the Dino's in the real DC by chance than having a hoarde of them somewhere else..would defeat the purpose of them even being in DC itself anymore.

I'm sorry for your assumption, I thought it was common knowledge that when someone said EVERYONE that it would be taken lightly. I know that not everyone on the site is getting their hopes up.

wink.gif For now I see it as a prank. I'll believe it when I see it kind of deal. Though I did sign up just in case you get a badge for your time.

I know that I will be sad to learn this is a prank, because a small irational part of my brain thinks it's possible, and really wants it to be real.

Edit: But really, what is the joke. Haha, you don't really have this cool new site to go on? Doesn't seem that funny.

Edited by -platinum-draco-

Especially since it's not funny. I mean shouldn't pranks be even slightly funny?

Who knows. But, TJ will be TJ. It's not really cruel either. It either exists or it doesn't.

But if it's fake, it just seems like he wasted time and coding for this.

I'm sure most people have at least a small part of them saying that this is just a joke. But it seems most people have a bigger part of them hoping this is real. happy.gif

So people will continue to ask for invites and people will continue to comment on how they wish this was real. There is no point in continuing the (sometimes fairly rude) comments on how this is just a prank and people need to stop asking for invites.

C'mon now, let's just have fun with this cute and amusing prank. happy.gif

EDIT: When I typed this, it seemed like I was on a page with a bunch of people who were commenting how I mentioned above. But now that the page has changed, my post seems irrelevant. xd.png Oh, well.

Edited by Windnose

why is everybody so heavy-hearted on this? It's april fools', just don't take it seriously until we know!

This is amusing, but I think Carrot Cave was more fun xd.png

Most people who were on DC last year know that this is a prank. I do not blame the new users for thinking it's real.

~Reminder~

Board rules: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=boardrules

Respect Others

It isn't possible to get far in the world if you refuse to respect others. Treat others kindly, don't insult them, and others will do the same in return. If you refuse to treat others well, then you will get not only a warning, but a bad reputation, which opens the door for more negativity.

Thanks, TJ for the awesome website that I can't go on because it's fake!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xd.pngxd.pngxd.png

Edited by Dragonshadows

This is amusing, but I think Carrot Cave was more fun xd.png

Most people who were on DC last year know that this is a prank. I do not blame the new users for thinking it's real.

I only started in August, so I didn't get to see Carrot Cave. But I do have enough common sense to know about April Fools day. xd.png

The real wilderness probably looks like this... link. =P

Oh my god.

YES. DO WANT.

lololol

I'm not a newb, I am just hoping it's real. And if it is, then I call dibs on making the Dino Trading Thread!

'

...lol.... That seems strangely.... accurate, actually. xd.png BECAUSE DINOSAURS TOTALLY DID THAT. IT IS THE TRUTH. I mean April Fools~

I have to go to bed now, fellow DCers, I hope I don't miss a badge or anything!

*Goes to bed dreaming of waking with a badge and a scroll o' dinos)

lol, if the codes really weren't working, wouldn't he give the mods their dino code personally so they could start spreading the joy?

there would be no assigning codes or sending codes nonsense that way.

Edited by Matmetchi

I'm sure most people have at least a small part of them saying that this is just a joke. But it seems most people have a bigger part of them hoping this is real. happy.gif

So people will continue to ask for invites and people will continue to comment on how they wish this was real. There is no point in continuing the (sometimes fairly rude) comments on how this is just a prank and people need to stop asking for invites.

C'mon now, let's just have fun with this cute and amusing prank. happy.gif

EDIT: When I typed this, it seemed like I was on a page with a bunch of people who were commenting how I mentioned above. But now that the page has changed, my post seems irrelevant. xd.png Oh, well.

Lol, isn't the point of this to try to make us wonder if, April Fools or not, it might actually be real?

I'm with Windnose on this.

Oh god, yes. xd.png

Lasers strapped to their heads and everything. lol

I don't think its fair for people to be judging and calling others gullible. If you have faith in someone, in this case, TJ, you'd trust them. Not saying that this isn't a joke, but I don't think TJ would lead us on for no reason. He is a self proclaimed gentleman, no?

I'm half hoping it's going to be real, just because I'm a dino junkie. wink.gif

Seriously people...do not take this announcement to heart and then be all "I H8T U DC, EYM LVN 4EVER CUZ U DNT OPN DINO CAVE N MY HRT WZ BRKN!"

REBAGEL IF YOU CREY EVERY TIEM

Wow, that's--unnecessarily harsh.

I could do my own laundry list of why it's not unrealistic for people to expect this to be real (starting with the fact that "April Fool's Day" isn't a worldwide holiday--did you know that there are people in other countries who know nothing about this stupid tradition? The More You Know! ~~*), but it seems like anybody with an ounce of common sense and a scrap of empathy could probably figure several of them out for themselves.

I don't like the yoshi dinos, and I don't have any interest in them, so I don't have any emotional investment in this idea one way or another. But I think this prank is... well. I would say what I really think about it, but I'd probably get banned or something. Suffice to say, I think it is, at best, dumb.

-shrug- Enjoy watching other people be hurt, if that's your thing. I'll be back to check on things tomorrow.

No passive aggression or emotional bullying, please. If you object that strongly to what may or may not be a prank, you are certainly welcome to your opinion. Similarly, you're also welcome to view our responses as harsh.

Chastising us for enjoying the pain of others and lacking all human empathy for pointing out people's overreaction as an attempt to shame us into, well, trying to keep people from being horribly disappointed when it turns out this is in fact a joke is Not Cool behavior.

Regardless of whether or not April 1st is a world-wide holiday, it's a US fauxliday and one that DC celebrates every year. It's a good bet that any site announcements made around or on the 1st are not what they seem to be, so one shouldn't get their hopes up. DRAMATIC OVERREACTION and TJ HOW DARE YOU DO THIS IT'S NOT A FUNNY JOKE TO ME really doesn't have a place when you realize this is something people are building themselves up to.