TJ09

2012-04-01 - Big Announcement

I've always had a bad feeling about this. If it is truly fake, just think about how traumatized some people might turn out to be...

If this is a prank, it is not funny at all.

Yeah, it would be very unfunny -- more like dragcave making fun of itself than a simple prank. There's nothing amusing, or even a punchline.

We will have to wait until tomorrow.

Funniest thing would be if "Dino Cave" is real, and the prank part is just making everybody wait around on pins and needles all day waiting for an invite. :-)

But I'm not a huge fans of dinos TBH, so it doesn't really matter to me either way. I'm just happy to see my lil' broccoli tree again. :-D

*gets idea*

i wonder, if this is real, if there will be zombie and neglected dinos!

that would be SWEET

I seen a neglected colored dino egg a while ago though I'm sure it wouldn't be a ND since you have to make them.

That's definitely going to be the first egg i get, love the color.

i think i'll wait around to see what happens.

Me too.

Bye guys, I'll go off to do my daily egg snatching.

Hope you figure this out soon! biggrin.gif

I can't believe he got mods in on this scheme. xd.png

Seriously, this seems like so much work to go through to fool us.

I'm not trying to be rude but...

STUPID DINOSAUR EGGS ON THAT ABANDONED PAGE WILL DIE, DIE, DIE!

3 hrs and 27 minuetes until midnight when the secret of DinoCave shall (possibly) be revealed!

I'm not trying to be rude but...

STUPID DINOSAUR EGGS ON THAT ABANDONED PAGE WILL DIE, DIE, DIE!

i know right, no one can save them

Not to talk about how eggs with the same number code are recycling through the cave.

Actually, if you look at the codes attached to the egg images themselves on Dragon Cave, they're not the same as the unique code assigned to the dragon that egg belongs to.

For instance, the mint egg image code is JYKZ.gif. JYKZ is actually an unnamed '09 Valentine. UJUD.gif is the guardian egg, while UJUD is an unnamed Storm dragon.

I assume it's the same deal with Dino Cave's eggs, and since all the eggs are currently set up to pass anyone who clicks on them to the registration page, we're not actually seeing any valid dino codes, if such things exist.

Edit: Also, if people are honestly traumatized by this not being real, I...

don't even have words for that. Seriously.

Come on, guys. The subtitle for this thread is "This [is] gonna be good."

Edited by Coronaviridae

WHY YOU PRANK US? D=

Just kidding, kinda funny, although it might be true... I'm confused. But if there is 'hundreds of dinos' it would probably be different sprites, but recolored, so there's a bunch of different colors of each sprite, and a bunch of sprites.

I don't think it will be disappointing. It's kind of clear that this is a prank. 361 different Dinos? With hues that barely differ from one another, and no different patterns to set them apart?

I was thinking those numbers aren't the dragon's codes - they're just the image codes. On dragoncave, all the eggs that look the same have the same image code. (I think? I'm basing this off the following: go to the abandoned page, right click on some eggs, and click "view image" - the code that shows up in the url for the image is different from the code for the egg itself, and the same as the code for other eggs of the same breed.)

The way I'm imagining dino cave, it's like there's only one breed, with 361 alts.

Edit - ninja.gif 'd by Coronaviridae

Edited by dernwyn

Wow... This is confusing... Why announce it today, on April Fool's day? D: This confuses me...

...And hey, could someone invite me? I'm not really sure how this works, to be honest... But I'd really appreciate it, so that I can take a look around that site...

can I get an invite code please? I had put my email in but so far nothing, and since my parents are here I can barely even get on the computer... T_T

I can't believe he got mods in on this scheme. xd.png

Seriously, this seems like so much work to go through to fool us.

Especially since it's not funny. I mean shouldn't pranks be even slightly funny?

Don't deny it, everyone is hoping that this is real. Think of the disappointment nearly everyone will feel if this is a prank.

No, not "nearly everyone". Only those people who are foolish enough to get their hopes up in regards to ANY news announced online ANYWHERE on April 1st. MANY of us, while we would indeed enjoy if this was real, will not be "disappointed" because we seriously believe that it's a prank--because come on, this is April 1st. EVERY bit of news you come across online today needs to be taken with a grain of salt (or a truckload, more like!) because of the nature of the day--tomorrow will reveal which were true and which were false.

That said, while I doubt that Dino Cave is real... It seems like too much effort was put into this for nothing to come of it. I think it could be reasonable that, while the site may not be real, we may see a new dino or two (or more) released in DragonCave after this is all over.

Or, of course, TJ had some free time and went wild with this prank and is laughing his ass off at the people taking it seriously.

As many people have said, if individuals are traumatized by the announcement of this and it ends up not being real, ESPECIALLY since it is April Fools Day, that's their own problem. I guess they can go through the rest of their lives being this naive and gullible, and one can only hope they wisen up and learn better. If not..well..prepare for a long life of disappointment.

I'm 100% in believe that this is not real, BECAUSE it is April 1st.

Especially considering, other than the Broccoli Leetle Tree....DC hasn't done -anything else- to the site as far as pranks go, like they do -every year-.

Seriously people...do not take this announcement to heart and then be all "I H8T U DC, EYM LVN 4EVER CUZ U DNT OPN DINO CAVE N MY HRT WZ BRKN!"

Guys stop asking for invites! There clearly are not any! it is a joke xd.png

Don't deny it, everyone is hoping that this is real. Think of the disappointment nearly everyone will feel if this is a prank.

...Please, do not speak for me and my feelings or assume you know how I feel, alright? Yeah, as cool as it -might- be......I seriously won't be that crushed if it's a prank. I am quite indifferent on the matter and don't care either way. I guess it's because, I'd rather work at coming across the Dino's in the real DC by chance than having a hoarde of them somewhere else..would defeat the purpose of them even being in DC itself anymore.

Edited by EmpressPhoenix

No, not "nearly everyone".  Only those people who are foolish enough to get their hopes up in regards to ANY news announced online ANYWHERE on April 1st.  MANY of us, while we would indeed enjoy if this was real, will not be "disappointed" because we seriously believe that it's a prank--because come on, this is April 1st.  EVERY bit of news you come across online today needs to be taken with a grain of salt (or a truckload, more like!) because of the nature of the day--tomorrow will reveal which were true and which were false.

I agree with this-- it's like reading the Onion News and being disappointed every time someone tells you it's fabricated. It's to be expected, just lol and move on =)

*shoots the wall in the shape of a smiley, Sherlock style*

Bored now. sleep.gif

Also, wankery? Why am I... going to have a date with Rosie Palms over a prank?

Literal-minded Aspie here.

I guess they can go through the rest of their lives being this naive and gullible, and one can only hope they wisen up and learn better. If not..well..prepare for a long life of disappointment.

Seriously people...do not take this announcement to heart and then be all "I H8T U DC, EYM LVN 4EVER CUZ U DNT OPN DINO CAVE N MY HRT WZ BRKN!"

Wow, that's--unnecessarily harsh.

I could do my own laundry list of why it's not unrealistic for people to expect this to be real (starting with the fact that "April Fool's Day" isn't a worldwide holiday--did you know that there are people in other countries who know nothing about this stupid tradition? The More You Know! ~~*), but it seems like anybody with an ounce of common sense and a scrap of empathy could probably figure several of them out for themselves.

I don't like the yoshi dinos, and I don't have any interest in them, so I don't have any emotional investment in this idea one way or another. But I think this prank is... well. I would say what I really think about it, but I'd probably get banned or something. Suffice to say, I think it is, at best, dumb.

-shrug- Enjoy watching other people be hurt, if that's your thing. I'll be back to check on things tomorrow.