TJ09

2012-04-01 - Big Announcement

It was Carrot Cave, wasn't it? That's what our badges say if you hover over them.

Yeah- but all dragons carrots and since dino's aren't dragons they must be bananas. It's all very logical when you think about it. smile.gif

It was Carrot Cave, but since Dinos said Bananas, wouldn't this new site the be Banana Cave in Carrot Cave speech?

*repeatedly checks her email for an illusive invite*

Exactly happy.gif *Laughs at frantic email-checking*

I have a feeling it's fake due to what today is...but hey if it IS real, then cool why not? xd.png

Before it was carrot cave, now it's dino cave, what's next, spaghetti cave?

No, evil cat cave. DUH!

Before it was carrot cave, now it's dino cave, what's next, spaghetti cave?

No, Banana cave!

Or Cheese Cave...

Someone should totally invite me. xd.png

*Sigh* You really still believe that DinoCave is more than a prank?

Edited by PieMaster

No, Banana cave!

Or Cheese Cave...

Or Enchanted food/item cave?

Let's see:

TJ has not edited the first post to indicate that there is actually a problem with the invite system.

No one has posted here to indicate that they have managed to join the site.

No invite codes have been shown to work.

No one has managed to show a legitimate scroll link or screenie of a scroll from DinoCave.

Nothing at all has happened all day to indicate that this is anything other than an elaborate April Fool's joke.

That's enough for me. Not waiting any longer to see if nothing continues to happen.

Over the past few months, the Dragon Requests section has exploded with dino suggestions. This prehistoric flood has not gone unnoticed, and today, I am happy to announce the creation of a new site; Dino Cave.

user posted image

Dino Cave is an adoptables site just like Dragon Cave—except better, because it has dinosaurs. Hundreds of dinosaurs, even. Dinosaurs for each color of the rainbow. The Dragon Cave artists have been working in secret for a while now to bring you all of these wonderful sprites.

The site is currently in closed beta right now. In order to register, you'll need to get an invite code from an existing member. Everyone with an account can invite up to ten people, though, so there's plenty of invites for everyone; just ask around.

EDIT:

Apparently people are having a harder time finding invites than I'd hoped, so I added a system where the site will send out random invites too:

http://www.dinocave.net/invite

As it says, enter your Dragon Cave e-mail and you'll get your invite sooner.

Topic reminder.

You guys STILL didn't figure this out yet? xd.png

I've been waiting for hours and I just checked and I'm a little surprised you didn't find out.

This is pissing me off. If you have the invite code, send it to 10 people as fast as possible, it will go from... 10,100,1000,10000,100000! Send it

You guys STILL didn't figure this out yet? xd.png

I've been waiting for hours and I just checked and I'm a little surprised you didn't find out.

Instead of poking fun at us, perhaps you can be kind enough to share what you've apparently learned?

This what SockPuppetStrangler posted

This is a known problem. I talked with TJ and, at this time, we don't believe it's people guessing codes. There's some issue. Most users are experiencing problems where not all their codes are working. TJ is working on a report system for this, so try to keep track of the codes that aren't working. He will either be adding a 'submit report' button on the same page where you get your codes or will be adding a 'report' button after each code so that we can try and figure out what's going on. Do remember you have to be logged in to see most of the DinoCave pages, and you'll definitely need to be logged in to see this.

Hopefully we can get this cleared up and get more people on DinoCave. :3

For DinoCave users, please note the following:

-Because of this issue and being in beta stage (and unable to actually share your scroll or eggs), we are making exceptions for how growing dinos will be done. TJ will be adding a community page where users may give views to other dinos. Please be sure to visit this page to give views and add your own dinos! Dinos will also require less views than you're used on on DragCave, so there's no need to sit there refreshing your scroll over and over again. In these beginning stages, raising dinos will be a lot easier than when we are out of dino stage.

-Eventually, the flood of eggs and the random timing of eggs we are having fun with now will disappear and become more like DragCave, but only once we've got more users and tested some more site aspects.

Thanks for your patience, guys. We expected excitement for this, but I don't think we anticipated this level of excitement. <3

I am closing this thread so that people may see my post without it being buried. If I get any updates from TJ, I will post them here. :3

I think he's just not going to send out the emails and make us check emails all day and when April Fools is all over he's going to send out invites or just cancel the invite system altogether. Supposing it is all real.

He's just going to sit back and watch the chaos that develops from us not being able to register. tongue.gif

It may be that we may only get whatever little badge thingy for April Fools (dunce caps?) if we send in, so just to be safe, I re-applied, as I often get called away (about every two minutes) and sometimes think I've done things I planned to, but actually didn't manage to get to.

It would be rather sad if we were actually on DC April Fool's Day and still missed out...

Edit: had missed the pages between 48 and 88 and just now saw Snowytoshi's post with Socky quoted.

Could this actually be for real?

Edited by Syphoneira

This what SockPuppetStrangler posted

This is a known problem. I talked with TJ and, at this time, we don't believe it's people guessing codes. There's some issue. Most users are experiencing problems where not all their codes are working. TJ is working on a report system for this, so try to keep track of the codes that aren't working. He will either be adding a 'submit report' button on the same page where you get your codes or will be adding a 'report' button after each code so that we can try and figure out what's going on. Do remember you have to be logged in to see most of the DinoCave pages, and you'll definitely need to be logged in to see this.

Hopefully we can get this cleared up and get more people on DinoCave. :3

For DinoCave users, please note the following:

-Because of this issue and being in beta stage (and unable to actually share your scroll or eggs), we are making exceptions for how growing dinos will be done. TJ will be adding a community page where users may give views to other dinos. Please be sure to visit this page to give views and add your own dinos! Dinos will also require less views than you're used on on DragCave, so there's no need to sit there refreshing your scroll over and over again. In these beginning stages, raising dinos will be a lot easier than when we are out of dino stage.

-Eventually, the flood of eggs and the random timing of eggs we are having fun with now will disappear and become more like DragCave, but only once we've got more users and tested some more site aspects.

Thanks for your patience, guys. We expected excitement for this, but I don't think we anticipated this level of excitement. <3

I am closing this thread so that people may see my post without it being buried. If I get any updates from TJ, I will post them here. :3

LOL I'm not going to believe until tomorrow if it's proven.