TJ09

2012-04-01 - Big Announcement

Yeah just like Acidic, I will breed any of my dragons for an invite and I do have rares. I will literally be YOUR SLAVE for an invite. Lol right?

Dino Cave has its own domain name- those cost money.

But you can register domain names for a couple of bucks. I don't see anything there that indicates an outlay of the kind of money that would mean this has to be real.

Lunch at McDonald's...prank DCers...

Those are the hard choices come April 1st. xd.png

Meh, it's a joke. I looked at the coding on the page and there was something I found that looks suspicious. If you use Google Chrome, right click an egg and select the "Inspect Element," feature. You'll see that it is only programmed to give you the "you must register" message. If you are logged out of Dragon Cave, such a link does not appear in the programming. That and the fact that it's April Fools makes it pretty clear it's just a ruse.

And just to be clear, I didn't read all the comments since last night, so I have no idea if anyone else figured it out before me. xd.png

It's easy enough to set a code so that unless your logged in it is something else.

To us without the login session it would = register, to the users who are logged in with the session it would be something else.

It's the same with user scrolls. If your not logged in to a session it would show up that the scroll or dragon doesn't exist, if your logged in it will show.

Such things are the basics of the basics and inspecting the element wouldn't show this.

Edited by Aderik

It could be an April fools joke but I doubt that TJ would do that because a lot of people would be angry if it was

Somehow, I can't see TJ caring too much if people literally get angry and start frothing over this...I mean, it is April Fool's day, so people should take this with a grain of salt, even as they're hoping it really is real... I would expect people to be a tad disappointed maybe, if it is a hoax, I know I will be, but angry? I mean, what's the point? That would be like being a really sore loser.

This.

Seriously... why on earth would people be ANGRY? If you're that ANGRY about something that is very obviously a joke, then you have greater issues than the intarwebz can solve for you. rolleyes.gif Please step away from your keyboard NAOW.

Haha, any dino with a code below 100 gets this;

http://dinocave.net/images/057.png

My bet's on April Fools.  laugh.gif

Take the 0 out from before the 57, and you get a yellow egg.

If you take a code from a dino egg in the AP and change it to viewing format you get this : http://dinocave.net/view/72

However if you exchange the view for lineage you get this : http://dinocave.net/lineage/72 - the sign image

Well, dinos can't breed in DC, so it sort of makes sense that they don't have a lineage...

Edited by Stealthypugs

Somehow, I can't see TJ caring too much if people literally get angry and start frothing over this...I mean, it is April Fool's day, so people should take this with a grain of salt, even as they're hoping it really is real... I would expect people to be a tad disappointed maybe, if it is a hoax, I know I will be, but angry? I mean, what's the point? That would be like being a really sore loser.

I agree, though imagine if the only way to get a badge for today was to get an invite? The wankfest that would result would put the screaming over both the Snow ANgel wing colors AND the Alt Sweetling to shame.

If you try to view anyones scroll, you get the sign too.

http://dinocave.net/user/tj09

xd.png I think this was a pretty good joke.

In DC, if a scroll is hidden, you also get the "You can't seem to find the scroll you're looking for."

I'm still fairly certain it's fake, but you people's evidence is a bit flawed.

What would be the fun of non-breeding dinos on DinoCave?

:S :/ I don't see a point to that.

It's easy enough to set a code so that unless your logged in it is something else.

To us without the login session it would = register, to the users who are logged in with the session it would be something else.

It's the same with user scrolls. If your not logged in to a session it would show up that the scroll or dragon doesn't exist, if your logged in it will show.

Such things are the basics of the basics and inspecting the element wouldn't show this.

Good point.

user posted image

Teal! Like, OMG it's Teal! tHE EGG I WANT!

(soooo puttin this on Mai siggy)

Edited by girlfairy76

I gave my e-mail to dino cave only in the hopes that it will give me a badge on my Dragcave scroll once April Fool's is over. biggrin.gif

well maybe they dont breed so lineage pages dont exist >.>

Yeah, but apply the 'lineage' thing to a CB dragon egg, and you get the lineage of that egg--just an egg, all by itself, on the lineage page.

Clearly this is an April Fool's joke, but this whole topic is deliciously popcorn-worthy xd.png

...also if there really is a silver dino, I take back everything I ever said about how I don't like dinos. I WANT THAT EGG NOW /puppyeyes

Edited by silver_chan

user posted image

Teal! Like, OMG it's Teal! tHE EGG I WANT!

(soooo puttin this on Mai siggy)

I loved that color too, and also silver one is absolutely adorable. *___*

Yeah, but apply the 'lineage' thing to a CB dragon egg, and you get the lineage of that egg--just an egg, all by itself, on the lineage page.

Clearly this is an April Fool's joke, but this whole topic is deliciously popcorn-worthy xd.png

Although I don't believe it's real that doesn't prove much because if there were never going to be lineages on the sight because nothing bred then lineage codes wouldn't work.

Oh my god! I got invited! the first 10 KINDEST requests will be chosen!

me maybe please?

There was a time, though, when lineage pages didn't exist. To see a dragon's ancestry you had to click on the "Mother" and "Father" links on its dragon page. Non-working lineage links doesn't even mean there can't be breeding, it just means there's no fancy page to show a dino's ancestry.

Although I don't believe it's real that doesn't prove much because if there were never going to be lineages on the sight because nothing bred then lineage codes wouldn't work.

/shrug/ well, whatever... I'm mostly on this site for the breeding anyway, I wouldn't have fun on a site where I couldn't do that.

EDIT ....i forgot about the way things used to be, oops. Oh well, I still think this is a joke.

Edited by silver_chan