TJ09

2012-04-01 - Big Announcement

I don`t get it (sorry I just saw it now) is it an joke or is it real? wacko.gif

we dont know

To be honest I'm half hoping it isn't real. xd.png I like most of the updates to be improvements here!

This.

I'm not too fussed about Dinos. I want more dragons o3o

Okay guys, I actually got an invite. I can't figure out how to send invites, though. It's basically like Dragon Cave except with dinos (which I don't even like, so...)

So. It's actually real.

You cannot April Fool's me! >:3

FOR I AM THE MASTER OF FOOLS OF APRIL FOOLING

Despite my pranking, I really do want an invite. PLEASE?!?! Do you respect my awesome prank!?!?!?

Okay guys, I actually got an invite. I can't figure out how to send invites, though. It's basically like Dragon Cave except with dinos (which I don't even like, so...)

So. It's actually real.

Please oh wise and masterful, enlighten me on the winders of dinocave by sending me an invite PLEASE

I'm tempted to say the site is fake, but maybe it's a hint that new Dino's will be released on Dragon Cave?

Edited by Nyastara

So. It's actually real.

You cannot April Fool's me! >:3

FOR I AM THE MASTER OF FOOLS OF APRIL FOOLING

I tempted to say the site is fake, but maybe it's a hint that new Dino's will be released on Dragon Cave?

0.0 YESSS

Meh, it's a joke. I looked at the coding on the page and there was something I found that looks suspicious. If you use Google Chrome, right click an egg and select the "Inspect Element," feature. You'll see that it is only programmed to give you the "you must register" message. If you are logged out of Dragon Cave, such a link does not appear in the programming. That and the fact that it's April Fools makes it pretty clear it's just a ruse.

And just to be clear, I didn't read all the comments since last night, so I have no idea if anyone else figured it out before me. xd.png

LOL, Dink Cave! Best. Typo. EVAR.

I lol'd when I saw that, too. Awesome! xd.png

I sent off for a code twice and still nothing sad.gif

WB

when you sign up it says in a few days

but I did it twice in fear I spelled my email address wrong tongue.gif

this is one of the times i wish I knew more people here so I could get an invite xd.png

I am betting that the people who entered their email will get a badge. And that this is a prank. Maybe I'm wrong, but *shrugs* that's why I gave my email.

I agree, why on earth should it be your dragcave one otherwise. wink.gif

I am a bit confused here. IF this is real then how would one get an invite from another if the only way to register is to get an invite?

As much as I'd like to register for the Dino Cave I fear that we may have been totally pawned.

As a side note I was not really in the market to read 56+ pages on this so sorry if my question has already been answered.

Edited by The Dragon Alchemist

Meh, it's a joke. I looked at the coding on the page and there was something I found that looks suspicious. If you use Google Chrome, right click an egg and select the "Inspect Element," feature. You'll see that it is only programmed to give you the "you must register" message. If you are logged out of Dragon Cave, such a link does not appear in the programming. That and the fact that it's April Fools makes it pretty clear it's just a ruse.

And just to be clear, I didn't read all the comments since last night, so I have no idea if anyone else figured it out before me. xd.png

The dino eggs do have codes, though. They're numbers, 2 or 3 digits as far as I can tell, but no matter what number you stick into "dinocave.net/view/##" you always get a "You can't seem to find the dinosaur you're looking for" message.

this is one of the times i wish I knew more people here so I could get an invite xd.png

Yeah me too, please anyone PM me if they have an invite code I really want one. I'm really curious to find out what it's like, this seems really cool. I really hope its not an April fools joke.

It could be an April fools joke but I doubt that TJ would do that because a lot of people would be angry if it was

Somehow, I can't see TJ caring too much if people literally get angry and start frothing over this...I mean, it is April Fool's day, so people should take this with a grain of salt, even as they're hoping it really is real... I would expect people to be a tad disappointed maybe, if it is a hoax, I know I will be, but angry? I mean, what's the point? That would be like being a really sore loser.

The dino eggs do have codes, though. They're numbers, 2 or 3 digits as far as I can tell, but no matter what number you stick into "dinocave.net/view/##" you always get a "You can't seem to find the dinosaur you're looking for" message.

yeah

find an egg

look at its img url

for example, i just looked at the url of a green dino egg

http://dinocave.net/images/107.png

click that^ it shows the egg right?

same thing with dragoncave, except where it says '107.png' it would say a code.png.

when you put the code before png into dragcave.net/view/ then you would see the view page. but if i try to see that green dino view page; dinocave.net/view/107. You can't seem to find the dinosaur you're looking for.

Who was there to breed them?

BREED DINOS? Can't do that. Which would make the site not really work. So this is PROBABLY fake.

I was a little reluctant to put my email in for an invite.... knowing it's April Fools and this is certainly a joke of some sort, I don't want to suddenly find my inbox flooded with dinosaurs somehow 8| xd.png