TJ09

2012-03-28 - IRC is looking for HOps!

I would apply, as I have experience being a chat mod, but I almost never go on the DC chat >.>

Good luck to all!

I was going to make a joke about IRC doubling as a brewing factory, but I figured no one would get it and I would be warned or something.

Just felt like mentioning that. You all missed a great opportunity at some scathing wit from Nine, let me tell you...

All I know about is IBC Root Beer, so I probably wouldn't have gotten the joke.

Also good luck to those applying. I don't go into the IRC unless I have to. The place is a nightmare.

Unfortunately IRC is just as uncomfortable as the first time venturing in the forums. If you can make it through a few days and get used to things, we really arent as mean as we seem.

Those who has a basic knowledge of how things work here on the forums will fit in nicely in the chat. Our rules are similar, some are more strict some are more laid back. I'm the mean one people flee from. The others have their quirks but we are one big dysfuntional family over there. We pick on each other, share stories and talk about a wide variety of things, not just dc in there.

Anyone who has questions is welcome to poke me in chat or toss me a pm (though i am slower to answer forum pms, as a heads up)

I'd consider applying if I didn't avoid the IRC like the plague.

Protip: Your history in the IRC is more important than your forum warn level. If you're constantly a pain in the aft who doesn't listen to the mods, you're not going to become one.

Something to consider: we are in need of "late night" mods to handle the chat during the EST time zone night shift and early morning. Day shift mods are needed too but the night shift is where we hurt the most right now. If you are in a time zone where this is convienant, please feel free to apply. Skills are good, but if you have a basic knowledge of irc, im happy.

Not really a frequent user of the IRC Chat, so not going to apply x.x"

But I wish all the best to the applicants <3 And all the best to TJ for choosing xd.png

Unfortunately IRC is just as uncomfortable as the first time venturing in the forums. If you can make it through a few days and get used to things, we really arent as mean as we seem.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to get any better to me. I used to frequent the place when it was first created, but now it's just too busy. I can't keep up with any conversations and I suffer because of it. I try to ask questions but because of my slow typing I just never seem to be able to accomplish anything. I've as questions and have been griped out about them. I've been reprimanded for the way I play DC. I've walked in on people swearing (it's censored but annoying) in streams and on people who really should get a room. The general environment seems hostile to anyone who is not in there frequently. I go in to get news or look for people or talk to users that only go there.

I don't think I'll join. Too much stuff on school and I don't think I could understand it anyway. Good luck to the people that enter though. smile.gif

If this had been at any other time, I would have applied, but 'm really bus and haven't been on the IRC much of late xd.png

The others have their quirks but we are one big dysfuntional family over there. We pick on each other, share stories and talk about a wide variety of things, not just dc in there.

And all your Feets are belong to Starscream. you should probably know that too.

Nah, not for me. Im not usually ever on there.

Good luck to whoever wants to apply though. Snorefest 4 me, lol.

*bounces up and down in seat* I applied... hope I get in. I would really enjoy it! smile.gif

I don't even know where on the site it is..so I am not going to apply.

Protip: Your history in the IRC is more important than your forum warn level. If you're constantly a pain in the aft who doesn't listen to the mods, you're not going to become one.

This is true. I do not want to see someone we constantly have to warn or ban in a position where they have to lead by example.

Hopefully IRC ops/hops will have a say in the matter.

Huh. I'd apply but I don't spend a whole lot of time in the IRC. I'm mostly on the forums.

So good luck to those who do apply!

I'd like to apply, but I tend to suck with that kind of stuff ^^;

I'm sure there will be plenty of other people to apply for it