Dawnwing

Kid Icarus: Uprising

I've just accidentally discovered that you can play Multiplayer against the computer if you set Multiplayer mode to Nearby and nobody joins your room before you confirm your weapon set. Cool. It counts toward the "Play nearby mode 5 times" stuff too.

So I'm currently trying to complete the treasure hunts. According to the StreetPass thing, I have 44.something% Treasure Hunt completion, I think. Beating all the levels in x amount of time, finding the zodiac chambers, beat so-and-so with this weapon, and stuff like that. The one that's really annoying me at the moment is Thanatos's forms - he'll turn into all but ONE, every time. >.< I did manage to get the Gemini Zodiac treasure today, though - that one takes a while since it only appears when you fight Dark Pit in that underground place, and it kept choosing the other places for me to fight him.

Little easter eggs you may be unaware of:

- Leave the "The End" screen sit for about two minutes. Hades starts talking.

- When choosing a level difficulty, poke the Fiend's Cauldron a bunch of times. Eventually it gets fed up and turns its back to you.

- When you get Finished, hold the Down arrow. You'll see exactly where those dumping-out hearts are going.

- During cutscenes, you can hold A B X or Y to zoom in

- During flying portions, if you're close to the ground, Pit can run on it (for example, on the Reaper Fortress' bridge, and in certain spots on the Arlon's Base level.) This gets you more points than flying.

Edited by Dawnwing

I finished the game and it makes me wish so badly that it was on wii. I needed to take a break after each chapter with the handheld because my left hand/arm falls asleep, or my back/neck hurts, or some other body part hurts. I like games where you can play for 17 hours straight and the only thing that hurts is your bladder and your eyes.

just got the guide a while ago~!!! so excited (came with a dark pit flying card) it's awesome, i got a couple zodiac weapons thanks to the guide >3 iii also heard fron a friend who knows video games that there will be a sequel, along with another super smash bros. although it's just a rumor, i'm excited tongue.gif although im wondering if there is a kid icarus sequel, who are we going to fight? we just beat hedes, the ultimate underworld god so who's left?

I actually heard they weren't planning on making a sequel anytime soon.

(They are making another smash bros, for the 3DS this time)

http://www.gamespot.com/news/kid-icarus-se...nlikely-6376071

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive...ytime-soon.aspx

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/09/no-...icarus-uprising

I do agree the controls are obnoxious at times. Pretending there is no horrid circle pad add on for the 3DS, without motion controls having two joysticks (sign of age) would have been so much better than aiming with the stylus.

Thanks for the tip on playing multi with the computer! I don't actually come close to any real human beings who play video games so any of the nearby stuff wasn't possible for me.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Yeah I also heard that they weren't making a sequel.

I wish dashing didn't make you tired. Or at least you didn't gallop around like a doofus when you aren't dashing.

Edited by Syaoransbear

i am addicted to this gaaame, its awesomesauce. hades heart is hard, well so is hades.. im glad theres tons of achievements though ^^

I actually heard they weren't planning on making a sequel anytime soon.

(They are making another smash bros, for the 3DS this time)

http://www.gamespot.com/news/kid-icarus-se...nlikely-6376071

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive...ytime-soon.aspx

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/09/no-...icarus-uprising

I do agree the controls are obnoxious at times. Pretending there is no horrid circle pad add on for the 3DS, without motion controls having two joysticks (sign of age) would have been so much better than aiming with the stylus.

Thanks for the tip on playing multi with the computer! I don't actually come close to any real human beings who play video games so any of the nearby stuff wasn't possible for me.

I doubt this is true. Look what happened with Pokemon! They said they wouldn't return to Unova, yet Black 2 and White 2 are being released this year! I have a feeling this will be a similar scenario.

I'm addicted to Multiplayer, I really am. I have defeated 986 people in Multiplayer, and I am going to break 1000 tonight. I wonder if it has a different little design for 1000 (you know, how the swords on the top of the Together menu show how many people you've defeated). I've been playing Free for All more than Light vs Dark because I can actually win; I usually get 4-7 kills per battle.

My current Multiplayer set that I basically use ALL the time now:

Atlas Club lv 308

Ranged ***

Melee *o <-- that o is supposed to be an empty star

Defense +3

Speed +4

Petrification +4

Shot range +1

Backward-dash charged shot +1

Melee dash attack +1

And the powers:

Darkness lv 1

Tirelessness lv 3

Transparency lv 4

Health Recovery lv 4

Effect Recovery lv 1

I think it's pretty well balanced. It's a high level weapon, and the Atlas Club doesn't make you run as slowly as the other clubs. The Tirelessness power and my club's speed bonus helps too. My fighting style is to hide behind corners and snipe - I've got favorite hidden spots in a couple arenas where I can stay there and hit nearly the entire place. (For example, the tower itself on the Spiral Tower course. Sit on the 2nd or 3rd level, on the backside, with a far-ranged weapon, and just aim toward the cluster of fighting people. For some reason, nobody seems to ever climb the tower.) I like to sneak up on people, so Transparency is my favorite power; I like it to hide to recover health too. Effect Recovery is vital, even if it's not used as often as the others, and Health Recovery is a vital one that DOES get used often. Darkness is really the only one I'd maybe switch out at this point. It's good for making getaways though. The only thing that stinks about this weapon set is that melee isn't that great; the club is too slow. I *try* to only melee when one of my shots turns someone to stone and they can't hit back.

Sorry if I'm boring you with numbers and whatnot; I'm just really interested because there are so many different styles you could develop with the hundreds of weapons and powers. And I'm really enthusiastic about mine because I never won so many battles before. biggrin.gif

Anyone still playing, cuz I would love to beat, I mean play >.> anyone at any time. It'd be awesome destroying, I mean competing against you.