Dawnwing

Kid Icarus: Uprising

I've accidentally gone into first person mode, I thought the camera was just having problems.

I got the standard six cards from the game and the three from club nintendo. My brother got the power of flight in his magazine card but I've scanned it already so it's his to keep.

I managed to sculpt some awesome beam claws and got rid of the silver bow. They have great range and melee stats. The only downside is I get increased walking speed and sometimes I just go right off cliffs (I'm a shoot before you look type of person).

Oh, I hate first person mode. Hard to aim, and when I'm on it by accident, by the time I try to fix it, I get killed.

I discovered that the Skyscraper Club is amazing. I always found it infuriating to go up against one, but turns out it makes it real easy to kick butt in Multi.

So last night I decided to play a few rounds of Multiplayer before falling asleep. I had to wait five and a half minutes to get into a game, so I decided to just sit and wait. And I fell asleep. An hour and a half later I wake up and the game's still going. I feel really stupid now. First because I feel bad for my teammates - I always hate it when someone just stands there - and second because now my records (you know wins-/losses, how many times your team won when you were an angel, stuff like that) are going to be way skewed.

I like this game so far. I played the first chapter up until Twinbellows but been playing online with a couple friends more. It's really fun but kinda difficult at first.

I've just had to keep finding better weapons. I got annihilated fighting chapter 17's boss because I use melee weapons primarily and I don't have a good ranged weapon yet.

So I'm just playing old chapters on higher intensities until I can fuse me up a good ranged one.

I haven't been doing much online play lately because the wait times are so long (Yes 5 minutes is long) and I get bored and go do something else.

This game is pretty fun, but the poor controls are still annoying me. Mostly the camera, because I kind of have to drop what I'm doing just to turn around and it makes it difficult to dodge sometimes. It would be fun on the wii but I don't know how they'd do the camera. I suppose if you shot with Z and used the 1 and 2 buttons for shifting the camera it wouldn't interfere with aiming or attacking.

The dialogue while I'm battling is still bothering me too. There have been points where I'm having a tough time battling and I missed out on parts of the plot because I was so focused on shooting the enemies that I was completely oblivious to what the characters are saying. There are other points, especially during the beginning of a chapter, where I'll be sitting there reading the dialogue not noticing that the enemies have appeared and I'm already half-dead.

I also dislike the spells, because especially during boss battles I just absolutely don't have time to be scrolling through the spells trying to find the one that's going to save my life. Having the spell slots extend farther across the screen would be very helpful.

Edited by Syaoransbear

I also dislike the spells, because especially during boss battles I just absolutely don't have time to be scrolling through the spells trying to find the one that's going to save my life. Having the spell slots extend farther across the screen would be very helpful.

I agree with this so much. For me it's not so bad for the boss battles, but Multiplayer is where it kills me. If I'm in a bind and am trying to save myself, I waste precious seconds trying to find something offensive that will hit them or Transparency so I can sneak away, but you can only have the three or whatever up at once. Even if we absolutely have to have only that many, I wish there were a way you could order them, put your favorites as the first.

Once you use certain abilities long enough, you'll get used to where they are and only have to shoot a glance downward to activate them. For example, I know in together mode that my Tempura Attack is first, Darkness is second, and Item Vacuum is last. That's all I need.

I only really use the Quick Charge ability in one player mode (the one that makes shots charge quicker). I also use Heart Booster.

I can get past level 1 at intensity 9 very easily with this.

In Multiplier I stock up on the gradual charge and mega laser (for sniping low-life people xd.png). Occasionally I use invisibility too. I usually come 1st, and so far have never been lower than 3rd. 332 Viper Blade ftw.

I now have 372 idols *o*. Got Phosphora, Pandora and Dark Lord Gaol with Idol Transformation ability (was hellishly lucky).

Edited by Ashywolf

I keep forgetting I even have abilities. I generally just use stuff like mega-laser for when I'm in a bind or I want to kill a boss quickly.

In multiplayer I just tend to use quick charge and health recovery.

Most of the time I'm just in people's faces slashing at them so I don't bother with anything other than hitting the L button.

Out of curiosity, what are your online usernames (want to know if we've run into each other)?

I go by "Night" (never saw that coming). I play generally in the evenings or in the middle of the day (central time zone).

I keep forgetting I even have abilities. I generally just use stuff like mega-laser for when I'm in a bind or I want to kill a boss quickly.

ditto, though latley ive been forcing myself to remember xd.png

my username is Steam.

Once you use certain abilities long enough, you'll get used to where they are and only have to shoot a glance downward to activate them. For example, I know in together mode that my Tempura Attack is first, Darkness is second, and Item Vacuum is last. That's all I need.

Yeah, I've used the same abilities for ages, but even if I know where they are, it's just hard looping through to get to the right ones. My first three are Mega Laser, Black Hole, and Poison attack, which doesn't really help if I can't aim the laser/black hole toward them good enough and if I'm getting knocked back too much.

I do use them a lot in Multiplayer; I've got a whole strategy worked out.

My Multiplayer combination:

Mega Laser - okay offensively, or if I can aim properly, then defensively

Black Hole - defensive, if I'm totally out of options then I'll hit it and hope they get caught, or offensive, to trap the other team's Pit so they're held in place and i can hit them with a charged attack

Poison Attack - usually get one of these running right at the start, and the second one as soon as the first wears out

Transparency - Usually used to escape from people, sneak up on the other team's Pit, or just to hide as I'm recovering health

Health Recovery

Effect Recovery - not used as much as the others, but very vital, you do NOT want to be a helpless eggplant/stone or have your health steadily ticking down

If you see me in Multi, my Mii's name is Becky, and I'll usually be using a Skyscraper Club, Darkness Bow, Raptor Claws, or less commonly, Beam Claws. I'm usually on late at night, like 1:00am Central time, though I sometimes do jump on at other times.

My Singleplayer combination:

Mega Laser - used on bosses

Explosion - used on bosses

Poison attack? - don't use much

Crisis Recovery - helpful

Health Recovery - stronger level than my multi

Effect Recovery

Edited by Dawnwing

What are the differences between Tempura and Eggplant (other than in single player when something is chasing after you...freaking Tempura wizard is so hard to run from....)? Does one last longer?

Tempura makes me hungry xd.png Other than that, I don't think there are any besides tempura being generally better.

My fiance was playing my game and didn't realize that you had to bet hearts to play higher intensities, so he was just screwing around and constantly losing. I didn't realize what he was doing until he drained me of all of my hearts.

There isn't a smiley that would accurately describe how I feel right now.

I really wish you didn't have to spend hearts just to play higher intensities.

Edited by Syaoransbear

My fiance was playing my game and didn't realize that you had to bet hearts to play higher intensities, so he was just screwing around and constantly losing. I didn't realize what he was doing until he drained me of all of my hearts.

There isn't a smiley that would accurately describe how I feel right now.

I really wish you didn't have to spend hearts just to play higher intensities.

lol, i can beat that.

i was playing kid icarus, i had never bought anything(i still havent) from the shop, so i had a WHOOOLE bunch of hearts, i was on the part where your in viridi's base instead of lady paletena's. and i saw the thing where you offer up hearts to the goddes, so i was like, i'm never buying anything so what do i have to lose? so i gave ALLL my hearts. then when i got lady paletena back. all those hearts were lost because i offered them to viridi!

What weapons fuse to make Fairy Orbitars? I'm tempted to fuse a Ball Cannon and Fairy Orbitars to make Raptor Claws.

i was playing kid icarus, i had never bought anything(i still havent) from the shop, so i had a WHOOOLE bunch of hearts, i was on the part where your in viridi's base instead of lady paletena's. and i saw the thing where you offer up hearts to the goddes, so i was like, i'm never buying anything so what do i have to lose? so i gave ALLL my hearts. then when i got lady paletena back. all those hearts were lost because i offered them to viridi!

But when you beat the game you can change which goddess your with and that also switches which goddess you offer hearts too.

i love this game. i replay the chapters even though i finished it (im having trouble on boss battles, i keep dying at *SPOILER ALERT* hedes heart. any tips???

the current AR cards i have are:

pit

lady palutena

medusa

hewdraw

besidan (excuse my spelling xd.png)

medusa (battle)

and thanatos

i pre-ordered the guide in april even though it doesnt come out until May im really excited, im hoping that it shows a section on fusing weapons. i'm trying for a palutena bow, if any one fused the weapons to get one would you mind telling me the combo? :3

Each weapon has a number from 1-12. The weapon made from fusing two weapons is the sum of those two (obviously above 12 you just go back to 1).

So if I take a weapon that is number 5 and fuse it with one that is number 4 it will create the weapon that is number 9.

The type of weapon depends on the types of the weapons fused.

There is a table that shows all the weapon numbers somewhere, but I forgot where it was.

Edited by Ashywolf

Fusing weapons is definitely one thing that makes me wish there was no auto-saving. I want to fuse stuff and see how it works out before permanently sacrificing my weapons.

Edited by Syaoransbear

Fusing weapons is definitely one thing that makes me wish there was no auto-saving. I want to fuse stuff and see how it works out before permanently sacrificing my weapons.

Yeah, I definitely wish there was a "Try it out" option for this.

I've started farming Chapter 16 at intensity 9. It's easier than it sounds. I get anywhere from 32-40,000 hearts each time and all the weapons I pick up have a value above 300 with quite a fair number of stars.

My best weapon that I have obtained from ch. 16 is as follows:

Ball Cannon

Ranged: * * * * *

Melee: * * * *-

Burning +4

Knockback Defense +1

Side-dash Charge +2

Health +3

Edited by Ashywolf