Dawnwing

Kid Icarus: Uprising

So, does anyone have this game yet? What cards did you get with it? How far are you? What's your favorite weapon?

Mine arrived today. biggrin.gif

I'm only on chapter 3, but I really like the Multiplayer battles, I've done about 3 so far, and I didn't do bad on them considering I didn't realize you could set up weapons and powers beforehand and just had it randomize them. I didn't do so great with the Atlas Club (makes you run slowly, it hits slowly), but then I switched to Tiger Claws and did better; I actually became my team's Pit and beat the other team's Pit by just a hair (I couldn't even tell for a moment who had won!) I got Raptor Claws at the end and I can't wait to try those out.

I love the graphics; they're really good.

My cards are:

Pit

Palutena

Insight Staff

Medusa

Hewdraw (whatever it's called, that three-headed dragon)

(can't remember the name, the one-eyed fish)

I also have ordered the three free cards from Club Nintendo.

I was waiting for a thread about this! I'm not that far at all since I was only able to play a bit and I forget what AR cards I got. I'm only on Chapter 3 too, but i didn't try any multiplayer yet. i want to experiment with weapons more since I only tried blades, palms, clubs and claws. Our of those 4 clubs are my best. I got a bow and orbitar last night but I was getting too tired to play anymore so I'm trying them out now.

I forget which AR cards I got, so I'll post my card list later.

Oh also a question:I use the stand and was wondering how many other people use it... So... Who uses the stand?

Edited by psyshock

I've been looking forward to this game for months! After reading the reviews, one thing stood out with all of them: playing makes your hands throb. Could anyone who's played a lot of the game confirm/deny this?

I played Multiplayer most of the night. xd.png It's a great way to get new items.

My favorite weapons are Raptor Claws and Darkess Bow. I've had a chance to try all the weapon types... Blades are okay, Arms are okay (great for melee, not so great for ranged), Staffs are a bit slow, Clubs are very slow, Orbitars don't do much damage. Palms, I only have one, but it's also slow. Bows and Claws are nice though.

@psyshock: I haven't tried the stand, because I never play at a table. I play either laying on my bed or curled up on a couch. I'm kind of interested in seeing how it works.

@purpledragonclaw: Yep, it does, my left hand (because that's the one you move amd attack with - right hand's only using the stylus.) It was pretty sore for a while after about the first hour of Multi last night, but I was too addicted to quit so I kept playing, just resting it between rounds when people were picking weapons and stuff. It got better as I played more, but it isn't fully comfortable. I hope it's just something that my hand has to adjust to. You can switch around the controls a little I think - change movement to ABXY and attacking to R, I believe - but overall I don't really think there's a better control scheme than what they have. I wonder if the stand would help. Really it's the constant stretch to L more than anything that makes it sore, but maybe it would be easier with a little of the weight taken off. I really should get around to trying that.

Just got to try bows, staffs and orbitals. I kind of like orbitals but I never used them in game, just in the practice area. the weapon I am best with is bows I would say, right now I'm using a Crystal bow for solo and I set multiplayer to have my Darkness Bow which is about 130 or 120 value or somewhere around there? What value range were the weapons you used in Multi? I still never actually played multi. I'm taking a break form continuing the story and I'm just working my way up to higher difficulty levels on the previous chapters.

Edited by psyshock

I usually use weapons with a value of 240+ in Multi (my Darkness Bow is 282, my Raptor Claws are 261), though I started smaller because I didn't have anything better (my Tiger Claws were 129). The highest weapon I own is an Electroshock Arm at 299. My stronger weapons actually came from Multiplayer - every now and then you'll be given a weapon or power at the end of a match. So the Atlas Club I bought in Solo was 145; an Atlas Club I just got in Multiplayer is 269, much better ranged and has extra abilities like side dodging.) It's nice because you can use those in Solo too.

On Solo, I can play at 5.0 and just barely not die.

So we're at about the same level in solo! I was able to beat Chapter 1 at 5.8 just barely.

What do you typically play in Multi? Free For all or Light vs. Dark? The main reason why I was asking about the value was about Light vs. Dark, because you don't want to have to high value weapons but you don't want too low value weapons.

Light vs Dark. It's more fun to me. My weapons are slightly on the higher side I think, but I just try not to die. happy.gif

Edited by Dawnwing

I beat Chapter 4 just now, I started out at 5.0 but died so i tried to finish at 4.0, I knew I wouldn't been able to beat it otherwise,but I can worry about getting higher scores and such after I decide to go back to it, I just wanted to clear the chapter. I'll try a Light vs. Dark game with my 136 Fortune Bow now.

I'm liking the stand, actually. It helps relieve my hand a bit since it doesn't have to bear the weight of the DS.

As far as intensity, I can beat chapter 4 on 5.0, and chapter 1 on 7.0. Haven't gotten past chapter 4 yet.

My favorite weapons are Darkness Bow, Raptor Claws, and Atlas Club, in that order.

I beat Chapter 9! I don't necessarily have a favourit5e weapon but more of a favourite weapon type. I've been using bows ever since I got my first bow and haven't used any other kind of weapon so far. I just which between which bow is stronger and has the best effects, which is now my Fortune Bow which I just got a few minutes ago from Light vs. Dark. It's the strongest weapon I got my hands on so far, with 296 value.

i was waiting for a thread for this!

the game is AMAZING its instantly my favorite game!

i'm on like chapter 20 or something. the story gets EXTREAMLY un-expected at about chapter 9. i RULE at multi-player and i'm usually first!well, most of the time

my favorite weapons are the twin-bellows cannon, rapter claws, and the great reaper palm.

for AR i got, lady Palutena, Dark Lord Gaol, Magnus, Stackjaw, Pit, and first blade. lol we should take pictures of our cards and post them so we can scan them into our 3ds! ill post mine later.

i usually turn the intensity to 7.0, i beat level 1 on 9.0!

i just love this game *tracks topic*

EDIT:

yeah i use the stand, i really like it.

i mostly play light versus dark, but ive been playing free for all more Recently.

Edited by Steamrider

I hear people complain about the controls, but I have no issue with them.

It's a very addictive game and really reminds me of Bayonetta.

I'm currently on Chapter 16 (I think. Just finished Aurem place and am on the "Aurem Brain").

Love the dialogue (with countless references to games that always make you smile), but it is often hard to read due to the combat and sound effects.

Edited by Ashywolf

I forget what chapter I'm on.. I'm taking all the time i can to collect better weapons and powers from multiplayer at my dads since I don't have Wi-fi at my moms, but i probably sho7uld continue the story more. My favourite character would have to be Palutena, I just love the way they made her personality and the way she talks.

EDIT: Did anyone else stop calling Dark Pit Dark Pit and now always call him Pittoo?

Edited by psyshock

EDIT: Did anyone else stop calling Dark Pit Dark Pit and now always call him Pittoo?

yes xd.png

@Ashywolf: yeah i hear that a lot, for me, the camera controls were kind of tricky at first, but i'm used to it now.

EDIT: *Chapter 20 spoiler, highlight to read* at the part where you fight Paletena, i defeated her instantly, then it showed the game over screen...i was like O.O. i guess i wasnt sopossed to do that, lol*end*

EDIT 2: i just beat the game!

now to beat every level on 9.0 intensity!

Edited by Steamrider

Nice! I'm going to try to finish by this weekend. I just beat Arlon.

Yes, I call him Pittoo now too. Even on Super Smash Bros Brawl, that's how I think of him. xd.png

Just beat the game yesterday morning.

Doesn't mean I've stopped playing it though.

These controls are terrible, and I'm getting extremely annoyed with the constant dialogue while I'm battling. These characters need to stfu.

^ I originally felt that way about the dialogue too, but now I've come to enjoy it. Just shooting and slashing would get so monotonous after a while without a little bit of background dialogue to make things interesting. It only bothers me when I'm in a boss battle and defeat them when someone's mid-sentence, and it just cuts off and they say the next thing.

I just finished chapter 23.

I think one of my favorites part so far was when (SPOILERS; highlight) after the Chaos Kin is defeated and Pit is healed in the Rewind Spring, his reunion with Palutena. He just looks so overjoyed, and holds his arms out like he wants a hug, and he says "I've missed you so much!" That part was so heartwarming. smile.gif

Got the cards from Nintendo Power. I had asked at my library a couple days before it came in if they could hold the cards for me, but when I got there Friday, there was a note saying "cards are not available, sorry" that they had taped in. Thinking maybe they were being held for me, I asked... after 15 minutes of the librarians asking each other about it, turns out there's a box that they put freebies from books/magazines for people to take. Only Thanatos, the lamest of the three, was left. I hadn't known if I could find NP in a store, though, so I took that one. Then I found the magazine in the store... $6 an issue, ouch, but at least I have the three, and an extra Thanatos for trading.

My Club Nintendo cards still haven't come in; I ordered them 12 days ago, and got the message saying they were shipped 10 days ago. If they're not in tomorrow, I'm going contact them and ask about it.

This game is really fun, but the controls are so annoying. I already did all the chapters, doesn't mean I quit playing. I tried the together mode stuff, but I suck at the Free-for-all mode.

Now whenever I play Super Smash Brothers brawl as Dark Pit, I keep calling him Pittoo. tongue.gif

Thanks for the link, Steamrider.

I finished the game within 2 days of getting it. I was addicted, I'll admit.

My favorite chapter has to be chapter 21, if only for the Pit - Dark Pit interaction. ;]

My best weapon at the moment is value 255 Stealth Claws with 4.5 star melee and 2.5 star ranged. I prefer Light vs Dark in multiplayer mode over a Free for all match. Not sure why, though maybe because not everyone is against me.

At first the controls made my hand hurt, but I eventually got used to it. It's too addicting to let that stop me.

So I'm playing this now, got to the online part.

I like the bows and claws. I'm using the divine bow with high melee stats. That way I can get people up close or far away.

My poor wrist is about shot though. The stand helps a bit but it's still a lot so I haven't gotten too far in the story

(I also just got it yesterday so... not so far in)