Rekha

Signature Contest #62

So this is the first time I have ran any contest here on Dragcave buuuut since I won the last one, it's my turn to run which is fun for me. Now, I am not sure how many people know how to do this style of Signature but, I couldn't seem to think of anything other than this.

Our Theme this time is.... Lettering!

Here are two examples that might give you a little bit of assistance in creating these types of signatures.

What the Signature Should Look Like when Finished

user posted image

What the Signature Looked Like before I selected its Letters

user posted image

Remember the rules!

• Images must be comprised of two or more images stitched, pasted, cloned, etc. together. They MAY NOT be a simple text slap.

• There is to be no flaming or drama in this thread.

• The size limit is 600 x 200 pixels, vertically or horizontally. Images larger than the required size must be asked to be sized down.

• All work is to be completely your own. Do not grab it off the Internet and say, "Oh look I made this myself!" No.

• Do not solicit votes.

• Have fun and be creative!

• If you are using a stock, texture or brushes from another artist, be sure to always give credit. Always.

The prize is an egg bred from one of the following donors:

Dk Labyrinth

Cariad Winter

Dragonhatchling

Tyracia

VampireArmy

Lilyice

Zovesta

MindsEye

Chikai

Rekha

The contest will be open until Thursday the 29th @ 7am. That gives you just over a week to get your entries in.

Go! Create! Make pretty!

Ooooh! Nice theme!

I don't think we've had one like this before. I look forward to learning how to do that tongue.gif

*runs away to think of ideas and completely forgets about her pressing uni work*

Edited by Chiaki

Hey, cool theme! Kinda makes me want to dive into signature making again xd.png

Oh... I did something like that before.

Hmm... Too enter or not enter.

Too bad all my decent ones for lettering only have one image. xd.png

Yay I am so glad you guys like the theme! I wanted to try to offer something a little challenging since I know as an artist I always love to push myself to do something new or better and to always keep learning stuffs! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Nice theme! It's been ages since I've done this kind of signatures.

Edit to not double post:

Here's my entry: It's Doyle from the tv series Angel. The letters spell "half demon" because he's a half demon.

user posted image

Before the letters:

user posted image

Credit:

Right picture: promo picture of the first season.

Text: quote from the ninth episode.

Wings: logo of the series.

Rest of picures: screenshots of episodes.

Edited by Raistlin24

OH! I JUST GOT AN IDEA! *runs off really quickly to find suitable images*

Love the theme, by the by. happy.gif

Here's my entry:

user posted image

All 3 photos used in the image are by me. I think I got the font from 1001freefonts.com

How do you DO that? The letters, I mean?

They look amazing, and I thought of an idea, but have no idea how to execute it.

I use GIMP and I don't know how to do that lettering thing either.

I use GIMP too Kanaye, but I couldn't work it do to lettering like everyone else's so I used the lasso selection tool and did it manually. There is probably a way to do it properly but I got bored of trying to find it tongue.gif

I don't know if this works in GIMP, but it or something similar should do the trick considering it does on my extremely outdated version of Photoshop:

- Make a layer with the text, already the correct font, size, and position you want it to be in the final version.

- Rasterize that layer.

- Ctr-Click layer (or select the text in some other way).

- Click on the layer or folder you want to be cut into the letters and create a layer mask OR create a layer mask and then paint over the selection.

Hope that helped at least a little bit!

I did mine entirely in GIMP. wink.gif

Here's how I did it:

Once you have the perfect image to use...

You first create the text and make it the size you want.

With the text layer as your active layer and while you are in text edit mode, right-click(I think) and select "text to path".

Go to the paths dialog box(if you don't have it, go to Windows>Dockable Dialogs) and right click the path's preview. Select "path to selection".

Your text should now be a selection.

Go to a visible layer and right-click the layer's preview in the layers dialog box. select "create layer mask..."

It will pop up a selection window for how you want to make your mask. Select "mask to selection" or something like that.

Rinse and repeat with each visible layer. DO NOT deselect until you are done or else you will have a lot more extra steps.

Woo! Finished! I hope this looks as good on the forum as it did in Photoshop...

user posted image

Nice to see that the signature contest has been resurrected. Excellent theme by the way.

Hey everyone. Sorry life got really hectic am going to close this now and open up some voting.