Ruins

Squad Bastion!

In a white room, beneath harsh white lights, lay an unconscious dragon. His colour, unsurprisingly, was white, although it was stained with what looked suspiciously like dried blood around the claws and chest. His ribcage rose and fell in a steady rhythm, his tail twitching now and then. He'd been lying there for some time, surrounded by bodies in a similar state to himself, but now his eyes flickered open and he let out a faint groan. Blinking from the light stabbing at his eyeballs, the White raised his heavy, aching head and took a tentative look around.

"Vha-vhat the...? Vhere am I?" he muttered to himself, not expecting anyone to answer. "And who are all those people?"

Concern filling him as to their health, the White slowly levered himself upright and wobbled his way on unsteady claws to the nearest body; it was a small Whiptail, its pulse steady beneath the White's talons and it's temperature neither too cold nor too warm. The White had just turned away to check on a nearby Hellfire Wyvern when he heard a piping little voice behind him.

"Whoa... What the censorkip.gif? Where the hell am I? Oh man, my head hurts..."

"Ah, you are avake then... Unusual, I vouldn't have expected vhat-ever-it-vas to have vorn off you yet... Strange," the White mused, half to himself and half to the Whiptail that was looking at him with an expression of frank incomprehension.

"Uh, yeah... Whatever you say, doc."

Suddenly, a voice echoed from empty air- well, a speaker in the corner- and they both jumped.

"Gooood morning, happy players! It's good to see you awake at last- gosh, I haven't seen such a group of slug-a-beds before, honestly... How are you supposed to play as a team if you keep on sleeping? Anyway, listen to me babble! You must be wondering where you are, right?"

The Whiptail and the White shared a glance.

"Zat has crossed my mind, yes."

The voice chuckled; on the floor, a large mound of sleeping dragon gave a moan and stirred slightly, obviously bothered by the noise.

"Well wonder no longer, my good doctor! You've been involved in the most diverting of diversions, the pinnacle of fun... Dun-da-dun-dun-DUUUUN! Squad Bastion! Yes, Squad Bastion! The wonderful war-game where you battle boisterously with friends in the funnest-is funnest a word?- of all fights! Use your skills to whup the enemies' behinds and run home with the prize!"

The Whiptail groaned, rolling its eyes.

"Squad Bastion? Don't you mean Team Fortress? Jeez, what a rip off! I can't even get kidnapped by someone original..."

"Now, now, Scout... I'd put a clip on that cheeky lip if I were you or I might get a teensy-weensy bit annoyed. And when I get annoyed, people tend to get... hurt," the voice said warningly, the cheerful madness in it's tone making the two dragons shiver and subconsciously draw closer together. "But we don't want to fall out, do we? We're all friends here! Now, Red Team, it's time to meet the rest of your new pals...

Many centuries have passed since the time that we call the present, changing the world of dragons and men almost beyond recognition- from the Middle Ages it has advanced to what those on Earth would call the middle 20th century. Society has changed, with some sections of dragonkind campaigning to be be equal with humans in the eyes of the law and vote in their elections; others aren't as interested, choosing to stay aloof and detached from the short-lived mammals. Technology has changed too, with electricity and guns being widely available; television is popular, with audiences demanding greater and more diverse entertainments, and very profitable, too.

In all ages there have been people willing to go to any length for profit- this age is no exception. And in a labyrinthine complex in the empty desert, one of them might be about to go too far...

And now, eighteen dragons wake up with pounding headaches, shut in a mysterious white room with just a madly happy voice and the rest of 'their team' for company; confused and slightly annoyed, they listen and learn that they have been chosen for a grand wargame by forces unknown. What is the point of this, some of them wonder- why are we here? Is it for the amusement of one madman- or a thousand?

Nine dragons in each team, fighting for the 'grand prize' and an even more valuable reward- their safe release, the chance to get away from this madhouse. They never know quite what to expect, both from the mysterious watcher and the very team-mates they're supposed to trust...

Five levels, five missions. You can die here, but you won't stay dead- not until the game is over, that is. The winners go free, but the losers... The losers die, and this time it's forever.

It's Team Fortress, yes, but not as you know it...

Stage 1

Meet the Team- You wake up and meet the team, obviously. Both teams are in separate rooms; this is the time to make you introductions and get to know each other. Oh, and did I mention that you have to solve a puzzle to just to get out of the room? Oh, and the room might just be slowly filling with water... Good luck!

Stage 2

Capture The Flag- Troop out to the forest for a game of Catch-The-Flag; you have three hours to defend your flag from the enemy whilst trying to catch theirs. Anything up to fatal force is allowed- don't worry, they'll be back during the next round.

Stage 3

Cave Race- Use whatever skills you have to race through the maze-like caves to find the special cavern at the heart of the labyrinth. Set traps, scout out ahead and battle your way along to your heart's content- just watch out for the crevasses and the vicious vampire bats!

Stage 4

Survival- All-out-warfare in an urban setting. The team with the most members left alive at the end of two hours wins this round!

Stage 5

Total Wipeout- Test out your new-found bonds as you help each other across the meanest, toughest assault course ever faced by dragonkind. Anyone who gets across the finish line gets to go free; is this a carte blanche to leave the weaker members of your team to eat your dust, or is there a hidden cost?

Let the games begin!

Edited by Ruins

The Teams:

Are each issued with handy-dandy sashes and armbands for ease of identification.

RED TEAM

White/Medic: Ruins

Whiptail/Scout: Thegreenrobby

Ember/Pyro:

Stone/Heavy:

Black/Soldier: Chasilin

Harvest/Mechanic:

Stripe/Spy:

Swallowtail/Sniper:

BLUE TEAM

White/Medic:

Whiptail/Scout:

Ember/Pyro:

Stone/Heavy:

Black/Soldier:

Harvest/Mechanic:

Stripe/Spy:

Swallowtail/Sniper:

The Announcer/The Voice: Ruins

The Maps

None yet!

The Rules

1. No godmodding or powerplaying.

2. Please keep gore and swearing to a minimum; made-up swears, e.g. 'frack', are allowed. You can kill, just don't go overboard with the descriptions.

3. No perfect characters- everyone has weaknesses!

4. Please don't post too fast- we all have lives and work. Thank you.

4 1/2. This rule doesn't exist.

5. PM me your form IN CODE. All posted forms will be ignored.

6. Please ask if you're stuck- I often get confused, too. We're only human.

7. Most importantly, have fun and play nice!

The Forms

Username:

Name:

Class: (Sniper, etc)

Team: Red/Blue

Looks:

Personality:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Which rule doesn't exist?:

[b]Username:[/b]

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Class:[/b] (Sniper, etc)

[b]Team:[/b] [color=red]Red[/color]/[color=blue]Blue[/color]

[b]Looks:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Strengths:[/b]

[b]Weaknesses:[/b]

[b]Which rule doesn't exist?:[/b]

Edited by Ruins

Cool idea! I noticed you are writing one character who has an accent. While 'vho' looks like it would be correct, I think you should make this 'who' and change the first 'where' to 'vhere'. I haven't critiqued an RP before, so you might want to talk to thegreenrobby. He looked over my RP and it's much better now than when it started. smile.gif

*glances at first post*

Haha, derp. I can't believe I missed that... Thanks! biggrin.gif

I like this idea. I've never seen a Roleplay like this before, so it will be a little harder to critique.

One thing in RP's that approves usually expect is a history. As in, how did all of this start? Very rarely will an approver ever approve unless there is a history.

I really enjoy the irony and humor brought up by this RP. This will be one of the many to be filled up with requests, quickly.

Jeez, what a rip off! I can't even get kidnapped by someone original...

I don't really understand the whole breed/role thing. You have two separate spots for this in the form. Why would you need a spot for breed if it already corresponds with the role in the team?

Just *Where* is this taking place, and when? I've never played Team Fortress before, so you can't expect me to know that. With this, you should also explain more of the technology available at this time.

I just saw that Tsparkle suggested me. Interestingly enough, she never notioned to this nor did you; I found this on my own.

I'd love to join, provided you fix it up a bit.

Okay, let's see... *cracks knuckles*

The history is a mystery- I plan for it to be uncovered during the RP, but I don't suppose it would hurt to add a bit more detail in the first post. I kinda planned for it to be set in the DC universe, just at a time far more advanced than the Cave today- they have 1950s/60s level tech, with electricity and guns and that sort of thing.

The role/breed thing? You're right. Dunno what I was thinking there... I'll get rid of the extra spot.

Thanks for the advice. smile.gif

Perhaps you could circle or something so everyone knows what part they are on. Are they on part 1? How would a person that comes and this role play is on like, 10 pages, they wouldn't know which part your on.

Circle?

But yeah, they start at Stage 1... Which could last some time. Or until they drown, anyway.

Oh, okay. I probably will, once things get started. smile.gif

That would be much appreciated, thank you. biggrin.gif

I can't believe I got an A+ in English Language... *shuffles off to correct*

After seeing many mistakes on other people's work, it must feel really weird to have someone point out mistakes on your own. Don't worry, Ruin. RPs ten to have a lot of grammer/spelling mistakes.

After seeing many mistakes on other people's work, it must feel really weird to have someone point out mistakes on your own. Don't worry, Ruin. RPs ten to have a lot of grammer/spelling mistakes.

Ha, you should've seen the comma overload in my (now gone) roleplay.

But anyway, this is ready for approval! I deleted my critique post just for simplicity's sake--but, I'm not entirely sure if you'd like this to be put in other roleplays or DC roleplays, as it could go either way.

I was thinking in DC roleplays, since it's DC dragons and it's set in the DCiverse...

You should advertise this in the RP Bulletin Bord to attract players to roleplay here ^-^ Just a suggestion ;P

Good idea. laugh.gif (To be honest, I didn't know that was a thing until now...)

((Hmmm, this seems interesting! I love TF2, so I just might join this!))

Edited by Krissi2197

((Oh oh! Okay, this is totally off-topic but WHERE is that guy in your Avatar from? Also, just to toss in something on-topic. I'm sure you'd quite enjoy joining a roleplay that has a general direction pre-set instead of basic goal and scrambling all over the place to get there like several other roleplays. This is well organized and it'll be good to have something to reply on to keep things constantly moving and without falling dead.))

((Oh oh! Okay, this is totally off-topic but WHERE is that guy in your Avatar from?...))

((If you're talking to me, um... It's from a movie called Roadside Romeo. It's not an American movie, but look it up on youtube if you'd like. x3

I'll send in my character sheets once I figure out who my character will be... I'm the best at Spy, but being a Scout in this RP will be fun. Decisions, decisions...))

((Excellent! The more the merrier. Imma gonna make an OOC thread for this sort of chat and for the form- which reminds me, I haven't made one for Medic yet... *derpface*))

((If I get accepted, I won't really post that much. I have a brother to take care of >~> oh, I wonder if my Pm was sent... I don't know >~<))

Edited by girlfairy76

Hooray! *Confetti*

This was accepted!

((Oh, and girlfairy, you have 666 posts. ohmy.gif))

(Removed)

Edited by thegreenrobby