Rekha

Rekha's Artistic Requests - Closed -

The first thing I want to do is welcome everyone to my thread. So, here we go.... Welcome! Please come in, take a moment to read or browse and please, don't forget... any constructive criticism that you might have to offer me is definitely wanted, and loved. I have just began learning how to do Pixel Art with sprite lines and shading. I will warn you now however, I am not great at drawing unless I have some sort of reference art to look at before hand.

Now to tell you a little bit more about myself. My nick-name here is Rekha but you can either call me 'Rek' for short or you can use my real name, Kimberly, if you don't want to use Rekha that is. I am a thirty-seven year old House Wife. I used to work in the field of Graphic Arts as a home job and in the professional world I was an Administrative Assistant at a Mental Health Hospital. However, when the economy failed I was 'let go'. After that I did a variety of Temporary Jobs trying to find something more permanent. Though I moved in the beginning of 2011 back to my home state, and a few months later I was in a car accident. I had Whip Lash and a bit of nerve damage and a little bit of damage to one of my lower discs. Now I find it semi difficult to work for I can't stand for too long, I can't even sit for too long unless I have medication to help me with it. Though I cannot give the amount of typing that I had to do as an Administrative Assistant and with the economy as it is there is very little freelance graphic design work to be found at this moment, so... I am the one who stays home, cooking and cleaning and that's okay it makes me happy. (Small update to this after editing a few words to reflect on me now, I am doing a lot better and have healed very well. I still have issues standing or sitting for too long but I am doing a LOT better. Thank you all who were so kind to check up on me while I was on a hiatus from the cave)

I know I probably gave a little too much information but honestly, I wanted you to know a bit about myself. I actually have my Bachelors Degree in Multimedia with a specialization in 3D Animation and Modeling. I have my Associates in Graphic Arts and Manipulation. While I may be classically trained in these arts, Pixel art is new to me. Drawing is something that was always encouraged but not something necessary for graphic design either so my ability with drawing is not the best but that is fine, I love it, I do it anyway, and now I am working to learn and grow a bit more.

So on with the whole purpose of this thread. I know I may still be kinda new here but it is my goal to eventually have a few designs published in the cave. I know that it may take a while, but alas... I am a patient woman. My plans are to use this thread to practice many different forms of Pixel art not just Dragons so that eventually my art in the Dragon Request section will actually be good enough to be cave ready. So any constructive criticism that you might have to offer me, will be a great help and I will be very thankful! I will try and keep this thread updated with any changes that I make to the art that I am working on. I am going to reserve a couple posts after this for my artwork updates and for requests on a variety of types of art.

Thank you for visiting my little adventure through pixels!

Cheers,

Rekha aka Kimberly

Just a small update! I got married on May 4th 2013!! May the Fourth be With You! Yes we are those kinda nerds!! <3!!!

Edited by Rekha

Welcome to my Art Showcase. This section will be kept updated with new pieces that I have completed from both my personal projects and of course from requests. If you would like to make a request please read further down in the next post as there will be plenty of information there about how you can request and what it is that I can do for you.

I recently have started a deviantArt account though I had one a long time ago with graphic design and manipulation and 3D stuff that I did, this one is going to be used mainly for the pixel art and other types of art that I may do by request here. Please though, feel free to go and visit my deviantArt page. Also, add me as a friend or watch me but at least leave me a message there if you are also a member of deviantArt.

http://hisgeenky.deviantart.com/

Cheers,

Rekha aka Kimberly

!!Pixel Arts!!

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

!!Graphic Manipulations!!

29p83rk.jpg 5d2q76.png fvg477.png

260spd2.png nv78qr.png 23rv52x.png

Edited by Rekha
Adding some Graphic Manipulations

Rules for Requesting Artwork

• Make sure to use the Request form provided.
  • Be patient as I also have my own work that I am working on.
  • Do not PM me and bug me about when I will finish your work.
  • Remember to thank me when done.
  • Don't start drama in the thread.
  • Give Credit where Credit is due.

I accept hatchlings and eggs as donations for the work that I do for you. It is not required but do know that it takes a lot of work for me to make these things for you so sometimes it is nice to give back.

My Wish List is Simple (Is a price list for Commissions However)

CB Silver! 2nd or 3rd Gen Tinsels or Shimmerscales. CB Gold (Just One is all I want), Aeons, Zyus, Xenos

Things for Projects I am working on - CB Whites, CB Sunsongs, CB Gemshards (Especially Green Ones), CB Nebula and CB Ridgewings, CB Xenowyrms

Art that you can Request!

• Forum Signatures.
  • Forum Avatars.
  • Project Banners.
  • Sprite Lines. (Anything bigger than 150x150 is Commission Only!)
  • Pixel Art. (Anything bigger than 150x150 is Commission Only!)
  • Sketches. -CLOSED TILL FURTHER NOTICE-
  • Sprite Shading. (Anything bigger than 150x150 is Commission Only!)
  • Title Banners for Projects.
  • Buttons for Projects.
  •  

-Three Available Requests-

I will close requests once three people have requested.

Feel free to request anything that you like. I will do my very best to complete your requests as I can. I will also keep the Current Request Slots Available updated so that you can easily see if there is room. Though I advise reading the thread as well as you may be requesting before I get a chance to update.

Request Form!

[COLOR=purple][FONT=Impact]I want to make a Request![/FONT][/COLOR]
[b]Forum Name:[/b]
[b]Type of Request:[/b] (Drawings, Pixel Art, Headers.. and so on.)
[b]Important Information:[/b] (Any type of pose if its a sketch, or colors wanted if its pixel art and so on)
[b]Size Wanted:[/b]
[b]Images Wanted:[/b] (Sketches to be turned into sprites, images wanted used in banners and so on)

Edited by Rekha

Currently Working On

Personal Project for Upcoming Lineage Project - The Courts Intrigue

Private Christmas Dragon Request (Someone else's request)

Redoing all my stuff for my Dragon Request: Pearl-necked Amphitheater

Current Requests

Completed Requests

sharlykng

Requests on Hold

On hold due to not knowing if these people are still around or still wanting their requests. If you are one of these people please get in contact with me and I will add you to the current requests EVEN if all three slots are taken.

Dargan

Laurarockstar

Zovesta

WinterOsprey

PieMaster

Drako_tamer - Graphic Manipulation - WIP

SpiritWolfe - Pixel Art -

Thank you for visiting my thread! I very much look forward to working with you and for you on many wonderful projects.

Cheers,

Rekha aka Kimberly

Edited by Rekha

First! :3

I want to make a Request!

Forum Name: sharlykng

Type of Request: Pixel Art

Important Information: I want it mysterious-like, with dark colours

Size Wanted: Around avatar-size/ 100x120 ?

Images Wanted: Actual Manta Mine :3

First! :3

Forum Name: sharlykng

Important Information: I want it mysterious-like, with dark colours

Images Wanted: Actual Manta Mine :3

Yay my first request! -does a happy dance and skitters off to work-

Forum Name: Dargan

Important Information: You can choose ^-^

Images Wanted: http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz48/syndral/Image-16.jpg

Her necklace is really a pendent like this one not a glow stick

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/045...lva-d4prta3.jpg

Thank you so Much <3333

Edited by Dargan

Thank you for your request. I've added you to the list and will get to this within the next few days!

Forum Name: Laurarockstar

Important Information: Same pose and stuff as picture, unless you want otherwise. biggrin.gif

Size Wanted: About 100x100 if possible

Images Wanted: The cat in the ticker in my sig. (The orange and white one~)

Thank yooooouuuu. If you want eggies i can breed, feel free to ask. biggrin.gif

Gotcha hon! Thanks for requesting and with such a cute little bugger too. I think this will be fun! *Is a big fan of cats*

With background and name: user posted image

Transparent: user posted image

luff <33 Thanks!

Just want to say that I read everything in your first three posts.

I am so sorry to hear about the car accident, and your condition now. :c I had a friend with something much like that. And you definitely are not bad at art, even if you're still new to the spriting business, I can see how you got the degree!

I'll give you some crit with the bunny and kitsune (?) picture, though. For the bunny one, you are using too subtle of shades on the grey, and it contrasts too harshly with the strong shading on the pink. You should even it all out in general, with making the shading on the inside of the ear lighter and the shading on the fur darker. And try adding lights in other places, not just in small clumps. c: It's a cute bunny, btw. I lkike how s/he's holding an egg.

The kitsune is alright when it comes to contrast, but again, the areas that have light and shadows are minimal. =( Give that fox some fur! As it is it just looks like a cardboard cutout in a room with a soft light. Also, the red kerchief on its neck is too dark for the rest of it. The outlines of the fox need to be just as dark as the outline on the kerchief.

And, don't forget, just because you're working with pixels doesn't mean that it's not an art form. :3 Don't forget what you learned about warm lights and cold shadows and so on!

And, finally, I have a request, if I may. I'm afraid I don't have any of your wanted dragons right now, but I'll see if I can get one.

Forum Name: Zovesta

Type of Request: Sketch

Important Information: Any type of pose, I guess? I just want her long neck and pretty face shown off. :3

Size Wanted: Whatever size is good with you, I'm ok with tiny!

Images Wanted: ? I just want a regular drawing of a rokurokubi. xd.png Just so I can admire it and keep it saved to my computer for inspiration later. Also because I want to see you draw a rokurokubi in your style. :3 If you don't know what a rokurokubi is, just check out the wikipedia page on it, I don't need it to be exactly accurate. (Gonna assume you do know, though, since you drew a kitsune [i think])

Hope I did that ok. o3o; Thanks!

Sorry I haven't been around. I went through some serious time with issues due to the accident as well as dealing with the loss of my old computer. I am starting to feel a lot better and I have a new computer so I will once again be opening this thread. I am currently posting here curious to see if the two requests that I have listed are still wished for and if the members are still active? Also those that were posted after, are you all still active and wanting what you've asked for?

Also- Zovesta, thank you for your crits! It is always helpful to hear.

Edited by Rekha

I have just opened up three slots for new requests so feel free to get those requests in! Also I have updated some of my recent works and I have moved those requests from when my thread was closed to a special spot for waiting to see if people still want those requests. If you do just let me know and I have a special spot for you even if the three request spots are taken!!

Forum Name: Drako_tamer

Type of Request: Avatar

Important Information: If you could add "Drako" in somewhere, that would be nice. Also, I'd like you to go with a sort of rough, edgy appearance with the manipulation.

Size Wanted: Avatar sized. tongue.gif

Images Wanted: I really wish I drew this, but I didn't.

Edited by Drako_tamer

Forum Name: NexusDivine

Type of Request: Graphic Manipulation

Important Information:Work your Magic, and make it pink!

Size Wanted: Avatar / Sig Size

Images Wanted: Work your Magic!

Gotcha, Sexy! -laughs- Glad to see you active on the forums smile.gif~~~ Even if only -slightly- active.

Ooooo Rekha! biggrin.gif I didn't know you could draw! Your pixels are so cute! <3