kewithegreat

Blonde vs Brown

There's more colors than just blonde or brown. I personally prefer black or very dark brown.

When I started secondary school I was the only blonde in my class. Many of the other girls suggested that I dye my hair because in their opinion brown would really suit me.

By the time I had left school, I was the only natural blonde in my class. Half of the other girls, who had often teased me with blonde jokes, had dyed their hair to similar shades of mine.

To this day I'm not sure what to make of that.

Many girls and young women like to sabotage each other's looks. Never take the advice of female classmates. Most girls feel as though they are in competition with other girls so they will try to persuade you to do things that will make you look worse or make you blend in so the boys won't notice you.

One time I dyed my hair dark brown and I didn't like it, so I bleached it. My hair ended up fried and bright orange with the texture of cotton candy, and many girls in my classes complimented it. I looked like a friggin' clown.

Why not red?

I don't really have a preference I guess. I was born blonde and until I was about 11 I had blindingly blonde hair, like don't look at my head in the sun or you'd go blind. Then it went kind of dirty blonde for a few years, and by the time I hit high school it was light brown.

As long as the hair in question is healthy I don't care what the color is.

I've got to say blonde, but it varies from person to person!

Lighter brunettes are attractive too

Dark brunette to black is least attractive in my opinion.

Natural Red is fine but artificial not so much.

A great thing about blonde hair is that you can dye it really crazy vibrant colors easier.

I think dark hair is really flattering and sexy, especially those rich dark browns and especially black hair. There's just something so inherently attractive in long dark hair for me. Red hair is also extremely pretty, but it tends to depend more on if the facial features match for me; I know a lot of redheads who aren't attractive because of their facial features and those that are attractive because it is complimentary. So red hair's attractiveness to me depends more on the overall attractiveness than just the hair, while dark hair really is a winning point for me.

I don't find most blondes to be all that attractive, though there are some women who look absolutely stunning blonde. I prefer darker colors though, they're more seductive in my opinion.

Eh that's a hard one, considering I'm dirty blonde (thus making me both) but in the end I'd go with blonde is cooler.

Ash blonde and in the same boat, baby. =U

I like both. I love straight black hair with a painted white face, but I'm certainly no shy fan of Betty Brosmer is her younger days.

As for men? I normally like them with darker hair.

To me, color doesn't matter as much as texture/shape does. Pigtails, regardless of color, give a childish expression to me. Long, sleek, and obviously cared for hair denotes a kind of class to me. Similarly, well-kept dreads do the same. Afros confuse me, but I'm okay with them. Occasionally I come across a hair style that reminds me of the fur of a matted dog, and that just makes me feel unpleasant inside from my experience with matted fur. Color itself indicates nothing to me, because people can dye and whatnot.

I think dark hair is really flattering and sexy, especially those rich dark browns and especially black hair. There's just something so inherently attractive in long dark hair for me. Red hair is also extremely pretty, but it tends to depend more on if the facial features match for me; I know a lot of redheads who aren't attractive because of their facial features and those that are attractive because it is complimentary. So red hair's attractiveness to me depends more on the overall attractiveness than just the hair, while dark hair really is a winning point for me.

This.

I don't think hair is an indication of intelligence :/ I dislike strongly those blond jokes.

I am a very dark brunette and I'm sad with it. I prefer more blond hair and bsides it's much easier to die your blond hair any colour than to die your brown hear. I used to be a platinum blonde for a year and all this dying and bleaching terribly spoiled my hair sad.gif

I also love red hair, looks very sexy smile.gif

When it comes to just regular people you meet in everyday scenarios hair color doesn't matter to me, but I typically find girls that I'm attracted to tend to be blondes so I guess when it comes to the ladies I find blondes more attractive not that I haven't seen some hot brunettes.

I myself am blond and one of the only in my whole family, both my parents are dark haired. Everyone always wonders when they see them where I got my blond hair.

Edited by skimboard808

I'm going to go with brown, as that is my hair colour. Although, i was naturally blonde when i was a todler.

I've always prefered dark hair colours, like brown and black. Red looks cool, too, I think.

Blonde, on the other hand, always seemed boring to me.

Unfortunately I'm a blonde. It was really light blonde when I was younger, but by now it has turned into what in Germany is called "Straßenköterblond" (~ "stray dog blonde"), this kinda brownish slighly greyish blonde.

I think I would look good with darker hair but am afraid of dyeing it. It's a dry mess anyway, when I dye it I might end up with a head full of thin, dark straw.

So I leave it as it is.

I hate those blonde-jokes too, by the way. But I never wondered as to where they come from, since that seems pretty clear to me.

I mean, you can't see some people's genes, can you? You only know what their hair colour appearently is.

So "blonde" in everyday life doesn't mean "naturally blonde" but "naturally, not dyed blonde, and dyed blonde".

And I'm pretty sure that most blondes - and I mean platinum blonde or bordering to it - are dyed.

Blonde is, despite the jokes, a very popular colour for women and in society considered to be extremely sexy.

So, if a woman wants to be sexy, she usually dyes her hair blonde.

So, the blondes you meet in everyday life are made out of a small quantity of naturally blondes plus a large quantity of dyed blondes who want to be sexy and take the mainstream way to achieve that goal (plus a small quantity who simply thinks they look better as blondes).

I'm pretty sure that those dyed blondes who are very much concerned about their looks are the origin of those stupid blonde jokes >.>

Another thing: Although many people say that they don't care about hair colour, studies have shown that this is not entirely true. Men appear to flirt more often with blonde women, even if they say they prefer other hair colours.

I am brunette, but my best friend is blonde. We enjoy cracking the occasional blone joke every once in a while, but besides that, sometimes we don't even acknowledge our hair colors are different. I find the argument over which hair color is better prejudiced. Its like fighting over which race is better.

I'm dirty/golden blonde, but I've gone from dark brown as a baby to light blonde from ages 4-12. All natural. I like light blonde hair best.

I'm light blonde and my best friend is dark-ish blonde, which is more brunette. She is always picking on me because i'm blonde too! It kinda annoys me how people assume i'll be dumb just cause i'm blonde!

My hair is deepest brunette. Difficult to manage, but I love it.

I prefer brunettes and redheads.

I'm naturally inclined to be attracted to people who are very pale with very dark hair. I think it's about the contrast. Eyebrows are a big point--a person's eyebrows and lashes have to be really dark and contrasty, enough for their expressions to be visible from a distance, for me to find them attractive. I find dyed blond hair to be pretty distasteful too, usually because it doesn't seem to match the features of someone who might look better with their natural color--especially if they're naturally the type I like and have peroxided away their attractiveness!

Almost nothing looks worse than a raven-haired Nine who thinks she has to pluck out her eyebrows, draw on pale ones with pencil, and fry her hair with chemicals in order to work up to what society would call a Five. It's the easiest way to turn a natural beauty into a tacky floozie. ninja.gif

Edited by Sadako

Did you guys hear?

There will be no more natural blondes in 200 years, there's an article on it: BBC News Study

It would be soo different with a world without blondes.

I was a blonde then my hair went medium brown. I seemed to like blondes a whole lot more but anymore it depends on who it is. I even like someone who had purple hair for a while! xd.png So I guess any really. :/

Whatever looks best on that particular person. I'm blonde, but I'd love to have purple hair. smile.gif

I think red and black hair should be options too...

im a brunette...and quite often over summer it gets to a honey brown tone.

plus there was this time my launguage arts teacher asked me i was blonde, thought i dought she ment hair color wise..idk

I prefer your natural hair :> It doesn't matter if it's blonde, brown, red, or whatever. As long as it's natural, i like it. biggrin.gif

My hair's dirty blonde... so i guess i'm in between. :3

EDIT: ohoh, except purple X3 I LOVE purple hair

Edited by Laurarockstar