MessengerDragon

Cheese cracking sequence review

What cracking sequence for the cheese egg would you like best?  

175 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

*stares*

Once the hole opens up it should be a solid color. The shadow again gives the impression that you're seeing the back of the eggshell, rather than it being a dark hole you can't see inside.

If I remember correctly, I think I was the one who made the egg in the first place. x3

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Was just following the shading of the cheese holes in the original sprite. But here you go. Solid hole.

user posted image

If you'd rather make the new egg sequence then that would be even better then. This was just an idea.

Ya know, trying to contribute something to the conversation since I'm more of a 'visual explainer'. XP

Edited by tikigurl91

I really don't have a strong preference about the hatching sequence as long as it doesn't look like we're seeing inside the egg. I only posted that because I just remembered making the egg. x3 I based the egg design on the holes in the adult.

And I understand what you were doing, it just doesn't make sense because that shading in that situation implies being able to see the back of the eggshell [the intact shell is casting a shadow and then the rest is caught by the light to some extent]

Gotcha. wink.gif

So new egg/sequence is good then? (With the solid hole)

Edited by tikigurl91

I think the cracking is fine as is, but maybe the cracks could be lightened instead of being black. Soft cheese can easily crumble and crack. Feta and other similar cheeses are some of them. It seems like the dragon was designed with holes, so I am assuming it is based off a swiss, Jarlsberg, or other similar cheese. Some of them can be soft or hard and I am assuming some of those can crack or crumble somewhat. The cheese dragon is slightly yellow, so maybe it's a Jarlsberg or some kind of fictional DC cheese. Point is cheese can crack including soft cheese, so I really don't see a point in changing it.

xd.png Its Dragon cheese!!