MessengerDragon

Cheese cracking sequence review

What cracking sequence for the cheese egg would you like best?  

175 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have started this topic because I think that the cheese egg cracking sequence needs to be reviewed.

Cheese is soft, therefore it cannot crack.

Please post any ideas for a new cracking sequence. smile.gif

Um. Cheese can crack and crumble. It's still a solid and still has a breaking point, even if it is sometimes malleable.

user posted image

Um. Cheese can crack and crumble. It's still a solid and still has a breaking point, even if it is sometimes malleable.

user posted image

While this is true, it really does need something to match the aesthetics better.

How do you suggest changing it? The only way I can think of it crumbling away would cause the egg to reveal the hatchling before it actually hatched.

How do you suggest changing it? The only way I can think of it crumbling away would cause the egg to reveal the hatchling before it actually hatched.

Not entirely true. If it crumbled in roughly the same shape as the hatching sequence, it wouldn't.

Edited by Cirvihi

Who currently holds the credits for the Cheese egg (without checking the DC wiki; my internet is too slow o.o)?

Who currently holds the credits for the Cheese egg (without checking the DC wiki; my internet is too slow o.o)?

I don't think there are egg credits?

Silvanon is the cheese dragon artist

I don't think there are egg credits?

Silvanon is the cheese dragon artist

Not in a DC sense (though why I do not know), but it would kind of rude to just assume that it has no ownership and tweak things like that.

My 2 cents.

Cheese may become hard, and crumble, but

This egg is soft and smells uncannily like cheese

Soft cheese can't crumble, also, I thought that maybe the cracking sequence should look like the dragon is nibbling the edges of the eggshell. smile.gif

Cheese may become hard, and crumble, but

Soft cheese can't crumble, also, I thought that maybe the cracking sequence should look like the dragon is nibbling the edges of the eggshell. smile.gif

Depends on how 'soft' you are talking about:

user posted image

Soft and obviously doesn't crumble.

user posted image

Soft and crumbles quite easily. Also incredibly delicious.

Though I do think your idea of a cracking sequence would be very funny and creative. Almost like some dragon in the nest couldn't take not eating the egg in the more and finally started gnawing on it....sneakily. When none of the other dragons were looking. But of course it becomes quite obvious what's going on, because everytime somebody inspects the egg there are more and more bites taken out of it.

Silly dragon. >w>

You can also make it look like it's melting. Since Dragons spit fire? I don't know if the cheese can, since it's just enchanted food?

Post by Cirvihi:

Almost like some dragon in the nest couldn't take not eating the egg in the more and finally started gnawing on it....sneakily. When none of the other dragons were looking. But of course it becomes quite obvious what's going on, because everytime somebody inspects the egg there are more and more bites taken out of it.

Silly dragon. >w>

I meant that the cheese dragon inside the egg was nibbling the eggshell.

Also, Annezor's idea of the melting egg is pretty good, although I still like the nibbling idea better. Still, I am interested to find out what others think. smile.gif

I think the cracking is fine as is, but maybe the cracks could be lightened instead of being black. Soft cheese can easily crumble and crack. Feta and other similar cheeses are some of them. It seems like the dragon was designed with holes, so I am assuming it is based off a swiss, Jarlsberg, or other similar cheese. Some of them can be soft or hard and I am assuming some of those can crack or crumble somewhat. The cheese dragon is slightly yellow, so maybe it's a Jarlsberg or some kind of fictional DC cheese. Point is cheese can crack including soft cheese, so I really don't see a point in changing it.

I think the cracking is fine as is, but maybe the cracks could be lightened instead of being black. Soft cheese can easily crumble and crack. Feta and other similar cheeses are some of them. It seems like the dragon was designed with holes, so I am assuming it is based off a swiss, Jarlsberg, or other similar cheese. Some of them can be soft or hard and I am assuming some of those can crack or crumble somewhat. The cheese dragon is slightly yellow, so maybe it's a Jarlsberg or some kind of fictional DC cheese. Point is cheese can crack including soft cheese, so I really don't see a point in changing it.

This. I personally think it should stay the way it is, just make the cracks lighter (not black) If anything needs to be done.

Soft cheese can't crumble

Feta is a soft cheese which crumbles quite easily.

I do agree that it should probably be updated to not have that stark black cracking, since so many of the eggs are tailored to match their colors. But a whole new sequence? Meh.

Edited by Stromboli

D'aw the nibbling idea is cute (though I like thinking of it as other dragons nibbling on the cheese more, lol).

What I'd be most for is changing the outline to not be black, but there's not point in doing that to the egg if it doesn't also change for the hatchies and adult, lol.

Soft and crumbles quite easily. Also incredibly delicious.

Mmmmm......yes. Yes, it is.

At first when I saw this idea, I thought there was no need to change it. Then I thought back to how the Paper eggs now 'unfold' and some of the other eggs 'crack' differently--like the Magma--and I think it might be a neat idea. My favorite is the bits being nibbled away. laugh.gif

I like the idea of the cheese being nibbled away that'd be cute

I've not seen many holey cheeses that crack and crumble like feta does, but it's probably fine the way it is.

That said, having the baby Cheese nibble its way out would be so cute.

I've not seen many holey cheeses that crack and crumble like feta does, but it's probably fine the way it is.

That said, having the baby Cheese nibble its way out would be so cute.

It would be cute, which is why I want the edges of the egg to look like they have been nibbled. smile.gif

ive thought about this before and i thought it would be cute if it crumbed away, like the hatchie was trying to break out from the inside, because thats how creatures with eggs hatch, by breaking out, and the result would be the crumbs falling away from the egg, but the nibbling is adorable as well, if only the cracking of the eggs had descriptions......and something i just realized....wouldnt the cheese hatchie be a bit of a canabal if it ate its own cheesy shell???

Well, birds can often learn to eat the shells of eggs they've laid and such to gain calcium, so I wouldn't worry about turning our cheeses into cannibals. It's not like the rest of the dragons don't want to eat them anyway. =p

I'm not sure if this has been proposed before.

I was looking at a cheese dragon egg that was beginning to hatch and I was thinking that it needed a new hatching sequence instead of the regular cracking one. Since cheese isn't hard like regular eggs and the description even says that the egg is soft I thought it would be more appropriate and interesting if it looked like something was eating it and bite marks would appear instead of cracks. Example:

Stage 0

user posted image

Stage 1

user posted image

Stage 2

user posted image

Stage 3

user posted image

Stage 4

user posted image

Stage 5

user posted image

That's just a rough example, I dont know how to properly make it so I simply drew The sequence on a screen shot of an egg.

So how is it? What are your thoughts or suggestions?

Edited by Arrianna_of_lyne

I like the idea but...it doesn't say anywhere in the breed description that they eat the eggs

I do like your idea but I just don't think it would work

I think a crumbling sequence would make more sense than an eating one, as that'd be rather cannibalistic! X'D

Don't really object to the current one, though, and I imagine it's up to their creator to decide either way. smile.gif